Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

Frick you MasterJack, you beat me to my idea. Make a new branch server and place all of Main's stuff in there. (Let people finish building their stuff, of course.) You then reset world, and BAM! There you have it. Also, if you reset world, I'd recommend resetting MTC back to something near 500. Just a thought.
How about get rid of the top 5 richest players mtc just a bit like a 10 million or more? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
That would be unfair to the top 5 richest people, not only serving an un-necessary purpose but also stirring up some anger within minetown. I feel that if you wipe the MTC then it should be either everyone loses everything, or no one loses anything.
What's the difference in doing a map reset and choosing an entirely new server? A map reset makes Minetown not Minetown. I think there are far better alternatives to doing something so drastic.
Jimbo. Thats somewhat Incorrect. That wouldnt help at all.
As it's been explained before, the map will NOT BE RESET

Please stop making suggestions towards this as it will not be happening.

There are a lot of different ways to solve these problems, resetting is just taking the easy way out and won't help at all in the long run. Minetown has a reputation for having one of (if not) the oldest maps in the MC Server community, think about all the memories the thousands of players have had on this server since 2010!

We need to save these memories for the future, and resetting would be doing the opposite. We have a problem, and we need to think out of the box and creatively, I know we can do it guys!

We're constantly watching this thread, and have seen a few good ideas, we've also come up with a few ourselves (nothing final). Please continue to post your ideas (from buildings to plugins) and we'll all make MT an even better server to be in
I have been reading some of the ideas from other people and I do agree with some of them. I will explain my ideas in the following paragraph.

We need a complete reset of the main server, no bringing any items over except for some of the major things, spawn and the most established cities. People could also pay $10 for a schematic of their building to be moved into the new world, BUT only if it would benefit the server or add some aspect of design. So basically that means that people could not transfer their tiny houses to the new world.

I do agree with Bobby (Gotmilk) with the idea of opening the gates for new members to be able to come into the community for the first few months, the only problem with this is that people would need to be whitelisted at the end of the period when we close Minetown to the public and bring back the Minetown application process. I have a solution to this! We could use the plugin FirstJoinPlus for when new people login they get teleported to a room where they could right click a sign it could set them as member and then teleport them to spawn right after, that way people would be whitelisted before the applications are brought back.

We also need some means of world management, when you look around the outside of spawn it is extremely disgusting looking!! There are griefed buildings, little wooden houses, and dirt scattered everywhere! There should be certain people assigned to the job of putting up one month eviction notices to see if anyone is active in the houses near spawn in the new world. If they do not reply to them, we could take houses down and store the items that were inside of the house in the case that the person comes back.

Minetown credits should be completely cleared and they should not even exist on the main server anymore. I think it is a lot more fun when the economy is based off of diamonds/gold instead of a digital, non tangible form of money. Spawners should be enabled and be sold at a high price but there should be no zombie/pigmen spawners since they are able to produce gold.

These are just some ideas, they are prettty scattered and hard to follow! Sorry!

EDIT: Danny, we need a map reset. There is pretty much no other option.. Like, the economy is SCREWED. PLAYING ON MAIN IS BORING BECAUSE YOU CAN GET MATERIALS SO EASILY. IT WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO HOARD THEIR ITEMS.

Thanks,

Dylan
Map reset on main2
Lol bumpy? So not wiping MTC and using it instead of diamonds will devalue diamonds to nothing? Erm lol...

You cannot just wipe MTC or try to make a buy back program as it won't be the same as current prices.

It is possible to just not support diamonds as currency, that doesn't affect the value of diamonds, it's not like we are wiping diamonds from chests.

The economy is a major problem and as I said before, just wiping bits of it won't work...

We also need to remember that this economy isn't irl. It can work differently...

People say diamond currency is a good backed currency. That only works when there is a set amount of it and very little more comes Into the economy. This is true for irl gold but for us, we need a map extension, that's just gonna generate even more...

We also need to sort out voting, the faster the better. STOP giving money that's the worst idea ever. The sooner you do this the economy will start to improve. Well stop decaying... A bit
DylanBryanRoss wrote:

EDIT: Danny, we need a map reset.

Sawine has said in the past that a map reset WILL NOT HAPPEN whatsoever.

As far as the branch idea goes, why transfer and wipe instead of just making another main server, so members with current builds can continue on? Oh gosh, I almost forgot, we already have Main 2. We would be absolutely ludacris to wipe or close off one of the oldest server maps known to Minecraft. As it has been stated multiple times, a map reset won't happen, so PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SUGGESTING IT.