Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

I've read most of the posts in this thread, these are my thoughts;

- Some people stated 'Keep the most popular servers' for example. What will happen to Main2? Some players do not know of the huge amount of work(Probably days of building) that has been put into that server, and you think we should just wipe it?

- I think I read something about deleting all spawners on Main, using WorldEdit. Sure it'd help, but people have such huge stocks of materials, the damage is already done.

If you come to the conclusion of "Wipe all MTC, delete all spawners(allow natural ones), go back to Diamond/Gold" I honestly don't think it'd work. As Italy said, he's got "countless double chests of diamonds" ...the economy has already 'died'.

So, i'm thinking the only way is a Map Reset, but, not exactly a reset...

Minetown has been around for >2years now... imagine the amount of builds on our Main server? Even the ones that are underground, undersea and the smaller builds that might not be anything special. But they're memories to groups of people. You can't wipe that.

So, I had the idea today of a /server Classic which basically, is the Main server as we know it today. Move it all over to /server Classic, and don't allow anyone to build there. Keep all warps, region protections, items in chests etc. Lock it all up.

Players can travel around /server Classic as much as they please, travelling through the old towns there.

From there, we can all move to Main2, or we could generate a new Main world, experienced enough this time, to keep a lasting economy.

I think that's all! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Revert to Beta 1.8.1 with nether laws.

...Hey I can be hopeful :c
I'd prefer a new world, not a move to main 2 (This is simply what I prefer) if this were to happen.

As for the possibility for a transfer of builds... It would be nice to get my city moved over... It may not be possible, I understand that. But I do not wish to have Tokyo locked up, unfinished. It wouldn't look right. I'm no where near being done in completing it, and I have so many ideas and plans for it.. but that's just my 2 cents on that. Hopefully something will be done that might let that happen.

I guess I'll just wait and see.
HKX-4-7 wrote:
I'd prefer a new world, not a move to main 2 (This is simply what I prefer) if this were to happen.

As for the possibility for a transfer of builds... It would be nice to get my city moved over... It may not be possible, I understand that. But I do not wish to have Tokyo locked up, unfinished. It wouldn't look right. I'm no where near being done in completing it, and I have so many ideas and plans for it.. but that's just my 2 cents on that. Hopefully something will be done that might let that happen.

I guess I'll just wait and see.

and thats just one person. with how many people have been on main the amount of projects that people are still working on is big. i dont think a map reset would work, we need to change the one we have.
When i First heard Main 2 i Hoped for a New survival Vanilla World. We should wipe Main 2 and maybe let the best Builders Build the spawn, but without cheating any stuff. I think a New Little rising minetown would be so cool to help the spawn town grow and Build on it. The Idea of Not deleting Main is good, maybe downloadable to all Players who are longer Then 5 months on the Server or a Classic Server. But dont destroy it.
I disagree with a map reset, but agree with an expansion.

Some of us have projects we like to come back to every now and then. I've been working on mine since December '11. I wouldn't want to come back if all of that work was wiped, to be quite honest. However, a map expansion would be perfect. Maybe even a "spawn 2.0" - a warp to out in that area with a little spawn town, so people don't have to hoof it all the way out to the new areas.

That's just my thoughts.
First of all I'd like to say that this is definitely not a ''Minetown is going to die'' thread. This is a thread where you can post ideas of how to improve our server(s). I have a feeling that not everyone have realized that...

After reading everyone's posts I've been thinking alot of how we can improve the servers, especialy main and main2.

There is a huge economy problem on main. There's too many credits, there's too many diamonds (and gold and iron) and there's too many items generated from spawner traps (with wool being the most obvious one).

All these things together discourages voting and generally playing the game to obtain goals and having fun while doing so, and encourages being lazy and just sit and wait for things to come to you.

That's just not fun.

How do we solve these problems?

Among the choises that people have suggested so far are:

- A complete server wipe

- A server wipe and a new world called ''Minetown classic'' Where you can visit the old map but not change it

- Removal of mtc

- Moving over to main2 instead of main

etc

Alot people seem to like the idea of a map reset, I can't deny that. However, as a few people stated already, a map reset (or lock as jack suggests) should be the ABSOLUTE LAST AVAILABLE ABTION.

We have to try everything we can before destroying two and a half years of fun and building. Two and a half years of Minecraft history.

We need to try out more things and do our best to prevent a reset.

My suggestion is the following:

- Remove MTC entirely (or reduce the amount of mtc in the world greatly to encourage voting)

- Put in more diamond and item drains.

- Remove spawners. Having to sit and wait for infinite items is just against the game. Getting items should be way more challenging.

- Each time you vote you recieve one token which can be used to purchase unsellable items that cannot be used in the economy. For example a ''Voting pickaxe'' which is a certain named pick that you aren't allowed to sell or named mob heads, or donations packages and WE's would work too. An extra home has been suggested before too. Anything you can't sell. (this would work even if we choose to keep mtc)

- Closer main and main2. Same plugins, same staff, Dia/Gold/iron currency, same rules, same eveything. If it's possible there should be shared inventories, but with an item tax of for example 75%. I have no idea if that is even possible, but it would be amazing and it would mean that main2 would not becom completely flooded with items like main. Main2 should basically become an expansion of main, but a larger, better, prettier and nicer one than just expanding the main border.

- Offer to WE buildings and towns over to main2 for a fee. That fee being either diamonds, MTC, vote tokens or donations. Have the ability to get WE's from you top-voter donation packages instead of donations perks.

- Encourage people to make youtube vids in our server(s).

If i find more good ideas i'll post them here too.

But most importantly:

A reset (or jacks version) is the absolute last thing to do. It's a ''We have 4 players on peaks and we need to kickstart the server with a drastic move'' thing. I do not want that to happen, and we all have to do our best to make sure that it doesn't happen anytime the next many years.

Thank you,

Johan
People are saying stuff like wipe MTC and go back to dia currency... How?

Wiping MTC would affect people differently, some would be left dirt poor, others rich in comparison. Also the fact we discussed it on this thread allows people to plan to make money out of the change.

Wiping money isn't the way to go. We need to work with the economy not just wipe bits of it...
Here's why wiping MTC and switching to hard-currency is a good idea.

A dollar bill is a piece of paper with a number and fancy symbols without backing. The US used to back all money with gold and silver, until the 1960's or early 70's, when they stopped backing everything with valuables. This is why since then, there has been rapid inflation in prices, and things cost a lot more now than then.

MTC is just a number. We use that number as currency, which is our problem. As more unbacked MTC is pumped into the economy, through voting, contests, and egg selling, people have more, and shops raise their prices. This is why since the EggDrop, prices have risen.

Meanwhile, diamonds, gold, etc. is real money, as you have to manually get it. As long as tons of gold isn't pumped into the economy, through time the tons of money people have stored away will even out, and prices will go lower. This is why we need to wipe MTC and go to diamonds.

Either way, we will still have Dirt Poor, and Super Rich players. If we wipe MTC, the people with storage of valuables will be rich, for some time until they use their money, and it evens out. If we keep MTC, just reset it, people with valuables and mateirals will sell them, and become rich, while the already dirt poor will remain dirt poor.
Well, here are my expanded thoughts after reading everyones stuff.

I do love Main2 as it is like a new main and I do recognize the countless hours put into it. But I do not like it for a few reasons. For one, for the few people who have actually been on Main2, besides just seeing the spawn. The seed is terrible, Atleast, if not more than 50% of the map is water.

So here is my idea. I propose/second part of Jack's idea.

We do /server classic, so everyone that couldn't stand main being reset, could atleast be content. We create a new map for the 'new main', and this time we make sure it isn't a horrible seed. At which point we find a spot for the spawn on Main2 to be switched over with worldedit.

As for transferring builds, I think builds should be world edited over with the cost of USD (Real-life currency) and(or) the cost of MTC. And I am not talking about your wooden house with a storage. I am talking about builds/towns like Japan, Danny's empire, and others great things like that. Adding to this, even though Main2 was unpopular, people still put a lot of time in to it. So I think transfers from there should be allowed too.

With a map reset, I propose MTC should be gone too, a completely fresh start. As of now, on main I can farm 16 carrots and sell them for 3 diamonds (Looking at it in value of MTC). I think after the economy starts to drop, people are failing to realize, that they are trading 5 diamonds for a stack of stone bricks. You can't have a bad economy with diamonds, ( I mean, in less something drastic happened). But, I do feel without MTC, people would value their stuff a lot more.

As for spawners, I support the idea of switching back over to MBox. With that I would either disable pigmen spawners, or get rid of the gold to diamond exchange. Preferably, I would get rid of the pigmen spawners, I use to play on a very vanilla server and loved knowing that mining gold was going to bring me actual wealth.

As for removing servers, I am against removing servers. I think revamps on most servers would be very good. But people also put a lot of time (building, and technical side) into making those.

As far as applications go, I think opening up the gates for a few months would be a good thing. With Minetown not as prominent as others servers anymore. What makes it worth while to make an application? At least until we grow bigger we have no more real lust besides our small community.

Also, I feel as if donations perks also need a revamp. I heard Danni say she has finished them a couple of times, but actually getting them implemented when the revamp comes out would be really cool.

20 minutes of my thoughts all wrapped up into one post. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>