Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

Get rid of MTC, its like the EMC in tekkit to condense items to get some other ones. I still know the time when the economy was fine and you paid a vast amount of MTC and gold / iron to get diamonds. I really want the old way back, gold / diamond / iron trade! HK is completely right with his suggestion, including removing spawners. Sure, I own a lot of MTC and spawners, but that is the problem ruining the gameplay. Who has to go mining if you simply grind all your items? Everyone is running around in diamond armor because it costs nearly nothing. I prefer a whole map reset around spawn or a new vanilla server to play a good ol' minetown like I remember. Mining in guest world and killing each other was so much fun, but now? I got stacks of DBlocks, I reached all goals you can finish in Minecraft. Like HK said, it's laxed.
I side with the removal of MTC and spawners. This may have or may not have been mentioned before, as I can't be arsed to read all the posts, however one problem with the removal of spawners and credits is that many people, old or new, may not be happy when all their spawners and MTC has been removed after all the work they put in to get them, and consequently may leave.

Another suggestion I agree with is the expansion of the map. I believe it should be expanded vastly, possibly even doubling or tripling the size of the current map, so that there is a great deal more empty space for new and old members to build and mine.

I agree also with an update of the Main's spawn. Currently it is old, ugly, to an extent and just a bit boring. We need something that will stand out and will be appealing to new members.
And that wawon, is the thing.

By REMOVING the MTC and spawners, it'll cause people to come back to main. There will be a sense of worth to play there again. And as for the removal of the MTC.... It wasn't always a part of Minetown. Minetown survived just fine without it, and it will survive just fine again, once it is removed. Will it be easy? No. But we will all of us, learn to adapt.

Minetown main was purely a survival server. Thus, let's make it just that again. To bring back the good old days.

As for attracting new players, they will stay.

We will give them a reason to stay.

Our builds, the cities, the history.

Minetown main world is where all of what we know of Today, started. A map expansion, or the move to fewer towns and cities, and their completion, either way, will bring back main to it's glory. Imagine a finished Tokyo? Millenium City? Vegas? HonorTown? New York? Divininties Reach? A new spawn? Nimaro? What about infrastructure? A full rail line that spreads across the server, to link most places. One was built. Let's finish it. Lesser warps (to a degree) that link to more direct areas. To give a sense of adventure again. We have a build team. Let's finish what never was on the server.

Let's all rebuild the main server into something we all long for.

To make it the shining glory of Minetown, just like it used to be.

Let's finish what we have started.

We'll give people a reason to come back, and stay.
I agree with removing MTC and spawners. They ruin the survival experience this server is supposed to have, along with messing up the economy since there is nothing backing up the MTC. Diamonds and gold will give a use to mining again, which it one of the main points of playing MC. With spawners, this also ruins the survival experience and the economy. People come to this server because of the survival label, and when they see the messed-up economy, and easy-to-get materials, they leave.

I also agree with renovating spawn and the surrounding area. Spawn is honestly, ugly, and hard to get around. I think it would be a good idea to remove everything other than the basic spawn area, redesign all the roads, and make it look newer, and nicer. If we renovate everything within 1000 blocks of spawn, the server will look much nicer and attract more players.

I also agree with a map expansion. This will allow much more land to be used by players, new and old. This should happen after spawners are removed, so the new spawners generated will be the only way to make grinders, the hard way.

Another idea I haven't seen is a new youtube advertisement. As far as I know, the last official server advertisement on youtube was made back in Beta, which was when MT was completely different.

My last idea is weekly nether resets. With as many players going into the nether, the first couple thousand blocks are run dry of materials. This will also stop people from starting hidden bases in the nether.

These are my ideas. I think they would help MT become better.
Reset map, no spawner plugins. Go back to the old ways where community meant something. Find a spawner in a dungeon then build your trap right there!

Basically we made things way to easy. Instead of working for hours to collect materials you just sit at a spawner now.. Heck with all the MTC thats out there and WEs able to be purchased many dont even have to work to flatten land.

I get being lazy we all do it lol.. But we have gone to far with the simplicity of minetown and have lost many people.
Like Italy kinda explained we'd should not be used for building's or your own projects a while back we'd there main point was for mostly land clearing and for some staff projects to make the server look nicer.Why can someone use a pickaxe or gather all the materials and actually work to get the project done.Now someone can just build 1 or 2 floors then the rest can be we'd to make it 20 floor skyscraper.You used to go work on community projects not just because you want to its because that was the way you got money to afford your own personal needs.So in my option we'd brought pure laziness and i want to see people build a project and actually say they build every block and took the time to do it.
Looks like the consensus is to wipe MTC - my only issue with this that my entire fortune is in MTC so I'd like the ability to convert it to diamonds first.
I remember a private discussion along staff a while back about ideas for the revamp,

I brought up the idea of a complete map reset, as much as I would really like it. If I remember correctly, 75% of the staff in the discussion shot it down like a bird. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
If i must be the one to say this, i will. I say, remove most of the servers. Its a waste in resources and in players. Wildlands should be removed. No need for this to be a server, we had the guest world. That was good enough. The Events and main 2 servers are also somewhat useless. I liked it when events were on one server not 4 <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> and as for main 2, i dont think that we need 2 mains, its just confusing and in my opinion unnecessary. Also, we should at least consider doing a map reset and offering players 1 free schematic of their town or such to save and put it on new Main..

Sorry if im offending anyone, i just felt it had to be said XD
LucaGreen wrote:
If i must be the one to say this, i will. I say, remove most of the servers. Its a waste in resources and in players. Wildlands should be removed. No need for this to be a server, we had the guest world. That was good enough. The Events and main 2 servers are also somewhat useless. I liked it when events were on one server not 4 <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> and as for main 2, i dont think that we need 2 mains, its just confusing and in my opinion unnecessary. Also, we should at least consider doing a map reset and offering players 1 free schematic of their town or such to save and put it on new Main..

Sorry if im offending anyone, i just felt it had to be said XD

As build team, aren't you suppose to be helping build Main2? T_T