Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

I agree with spawn needing it's layout reworked. I was so completely lost in spawn when I first joined Minetown a year ago. I'd be happy to assist in moving things around and designing new buildings/streets.

Also I mostly agree with HK on removing spawners and moving back to commodity currency. I miss the days when mining was a actually somewhat profitable. If completely removing spawners is too drastic for the majority of the playerbase, then might I suggest we introduce a spawner limiter similar to the beacon limiter? Perhaps limiting the number of placed spawners to 5 total or a certain amount per type?
A world clean-up would be a good idea, you could generate a new world, and then WE over the most used stuff and the stuff people want, and anything of value, then keep the old one if we were to forget something, lots of times I have walked for hours looking for a large open area away from it all and cant ever find one, there are tons of little cobblestone cubes that werre build then abandoned within hours, and meaningless regions that are entwined within each other, Why most people dont last long on Main2 is beacause there isnt a good set up over there,m a way to make a boost i think would to make them hjave cross-server inventory, and make it just an expansion of main rather than an entire new world, so you get the map-reset sorta thing, but still keep all the old stuff.

Cleaning up spawn wouldnt be a bad idea either, also getting a little more staff that are truely dedicated to their jobs would be good, many staff will just not work and a simple region PE can be open for days without being closed,even when there are clearly availible staff on. there are some really good people, but there is also some that just dont work a whole lot, and that hurts the whole server.

Having an area which people spawn when they first ever join like on skyblock would be helful with all the commands so they get the jist of everything. Tons of people log in and have no idea on any of our commands, so that would help alot. Sometimes I just sit around and i just see the server in ruin, non-maintained cities and towns, buildings greifed and looted out, there isnt much left thats really cool anymore.

I wonder that even allowing some people, trustworthy ones, to restart some of minetowns famed cities like nimaro and honor town, they are great majestic places that just sit there, no one goes to what used to be the face of minetown. Sometimes i wonder if contreacting people to build on the edgeof spawn a great majestic city that represents minetown wouldnt be a bad idea

One other thing is Clans, there was a time back a year ago when i first joined, i was in the 998 guard. Remember grapefruit998? Well back then we had a huge rivalry with another clan, i dont rember which, and i remember stocking up of swords and armour, building a great base room in the incomplete Atlanta. And we spent weeks preparing, and we were at war with each other. That was the time of my life, back when minetown was one small server. And no adays we just sit there, being peaceful. Minetowns legacy is over, and its just sinking. If we can bring back some of the most successful parts of minetown, I think that it will thrive

~jimbo493

PS: Ridding the map of all un natural spawners would be nice, i rembember getting a whole stack of diamond blocks for a couple cave spiders i found whilst mineing
HK said it.... Get rid of MTC. Whats the point in playing on main if you own mass amounts of everything and never need to gather for the things you need to build or sell? Thats like half of the game just taken away because its easier.
make things 200% more expensive...
What i think would be good is a total revamp of the pvp server itself. Not sure whether danny is working on that or not but, PvP used to be real popular back in the day but now it usually holds from 0-15 whom which at least 75% is guests. I see dozens sometimes hundreds of people on a simple pvp faction server. While our pvp server has the same or more plugins more people still show up on the others. Maybe we could put some new plugins, a new spawn, some more directional tips to help the new players.

Now that's just one idea within itself.

The Hub. It was extremely confusing for me at first since as we know 90% of new players never read the signs it would be pretty confusing, maybe some occasional mt tips in the hub explaining how to access new servers and become a member. And instead of those tiny one block signs that say what server it is, a small build of the word such as "PvP" "Main" "MCball" etc. And maybe when they spawn they have a book that would say some of the basic and what we're all about.

Voting. Voting is good and all but as HK and Holy said MTC is basically useless nowadays since of the massive amounts people have. Maybe something like this you put in your ign before you do any voting whatsoever and the voting count that is used for top voter can be used to cash in how you say prizes? For example for every 10 votes you get a single diamond on main for every 100 you get bonus mtc or some enchanted item. Just a little more bonus for voting since some people wont vote if there's no better reward included.

Well that's my rant
I never knew the server before MTC, but I can tell you that removing it would help. I side with HK and Holy, the credits system ruins the aspect of "survival" multiplayer.
im 100% behind wiping the mtc and taking out spawners. I liked it like that much better because then people actually had to work for there items instead now people can stand in one spot and gather a month's supply of materials in about 5min if they got enough mtc. And the spawners is another thing wool used to be really valuable now everyone has it.What happened to natural breeding and gathering your food from caving or on your adventures.Spawners have ruined the economy in a big way whats the point of having wild animals or whats the point of leaving your home/base when you got a bunch of spawners and mtc all you got to do is go click a sign no effort at all and collect your wool/etc from the spawner

In my option spawners and mtc like someone said before your taking more than half of the point of the game away.Minecraft aint suppose to be like this but dont get me wrong i like minetown more than any other server
jc, tradecraft doesnt change the value of items, it was just a sign shop that wasnt perfect
?
Jared wrote:
I never knew the server before MTC, but I can tell you that removing it would help. I side with HK and Holy, the credits system ruins the aspect of "survival" multiplayer.

Same <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

As much as I love my MTC (<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) ... if we removed all spawners and wiped (?) all MTC, people would work for what they needed, trade in items like diamonds and gold and basically work together more.

On the whole, I think it'd be a lot more fun.

Trouble is, people already have huge stocks of items from auto-farming and spawners, which then leads us back on to a map wipe <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f613.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":undecided:">:undecided:</object>

-My Thoughts- <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>