Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

Event world...

keep def keep
I have not been playing much on MT mainly because of the focus on economy and adding new servers. I much preferred the play when it was more focused on building and survival. Things like disabling villager trading because it would interfere with the economy are what caused me to start playing on pearlmc much more.

Of course it is only my opinion but I really like the way ModernDragoness has the pearl server. Mostly vanilla. Users can set their own protections and earn more just by playing. There is no such thing as griefing, if it is not protected it is fair game.

I have quite a few spanwers (and spawn eggs), however never used them to profit (as I said I am not into the economy of the server). I like it back when we just had Main, War World (which I did no use) and the Guest world where materials could be gathered without defacing Main.

I have noticed some staff get defensive when a statement is made like "Minetown is dying", the fact is that use of the server Main server is in decline and the main cause for this in my mind is the focuses on maintaining the status quo economy for "the powers that be" and new flavor of the month server (Hunger games, Feed the beast, Tekkit, MCBall, Skyblock, MCBallCTF, Capture the Flag, PVP). While the new servers do have a draw they take away from the roots of Minecraft.
As far as the map reset goes, practically all of the server's history is there. I don't agree with it, it would be like starting all over. Just an expansion would suffice plenty.
No map reset

Yes nicer spawn

No remove spawners. If needed, severely regulate / limit spawners instead, many options exist. Limit 1 living entity from each spawner and use them as a promotion.

Promote the voting system: give away passive mob heads for vote rewards. Every 50 votes you get a passive mob head (chicken/sheep/cow/etc), and every 200 votes you get some kind of highly enchanted custom tool (i.e. fly donar gear). Playerheads probably has the passive heads built in, and the vote system probably already allows vote rewards.

People value cool things more than MTC, just give them something to blow it on and it's gone. Rares / unobtainables, items that make those with cash remember what it felt like.

Thank you, good day! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Tell LWC to auto lock chests for the player who placed it. Continue to allow /cmodify for sharing.

Create a yardsale market type area where all players get 5x5x5 to sale items, even if they just put down signs. Few rules, empty signs can be removed by admins anytime, lots unused for 2 weeks are reset/reclaimed (even automatically).

Disable Applications for 6 months of population promotion. Force beginners through a tutorial that includes PE's, Land Claims, Rules/Behavior Expectations, Chat functions, Duckshop basic, and Website / Donar benefits.

Clean out spawn again, use some large space for an office / city environment where all players can claim an Office. At improved spawn, have warps to Downtown (offices), Yardsale Market, specific tutorials, monthly awesome player warps.

Add individual items for donations. Cool things, rares, cooldown or one use items/abilities, special tools (i.e. fly donar). Mo money.

EDIT: Expand the shit out of the map!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> New area and ore means renewed interest in mining and tons of fun.
If we do remove MTC, we have top be able to transfer it to Gold Dia Iron ect, then bring back the Exchanges.

Just because it think its a really good idea, we should make Main2 and Main connected, with a cross server inventory, since just as many want a map reset as do, so you would be able to have all the "new map" stuff from Main2 and keep all the buildings that you have on main
The map is NOT getting reset, as sawine already said in the announcement on home page.
Minetown should not be about building a massive spawn trap and sitting there collecting items. All the effort/work has pretty much been removed from the server which has caused many players to find new servers.

When I joined MT I had nothing and I worked for other people to get the funds and materials I needed for my personal projects. This is no longer the case and the sense of community hasn't quite vanished but severely diminished. We have very few community projects like we used to have.

As far as the history of Minetown there is quite a bit. Which can be saved but should be done on a very selective bases with criteria established. Overall consensus is for a new spawn So lets make one with a rail system that goes to each of the Historic cities. My honest opinion is a map reset. Have build team build only the spawn and let us the community make the rail systems to each of the cities that were saved. It could be our first community project.

Everyone hates map resets trust me I know <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> If this goes forward I will lose 42m MTC and countless double chests of diamond blocks. That is why we have to do it though. Any change to the system will be worthless until the excess is removed. Let's be honest the market is flooded the values for everything are pretty much worthless. We used to take pride in our projects cause of the amount of work that went into them. Now it's somewhat cheapened by the ease of gaining materials. Projects that used to take months now take weeks or even days.

This will open up many opportunities for players to make money. Gathering resources used to be a huge market that was quite profitable for many people. I personally got my start by mining cobble and selling it to ImTheLag so he could use it for his foundry company. Others collecting wood and had contracts with projects or shops.

The market used to be an extremely active place that took many people to run a successful shop. Each shop employed people for specific resources or tasks. If you didn't have this properly setup you wouldn't make it as a shop owner. Shops that were able to maintain there stocks were able to charge more cause they had the supply to meet the demand.

Credits used to be used in only one place. The credit shop provided players with none craftable blocks or currency (gold/diamonds) which was at a set price. The only methods of gaining credits at the time was donations/voting. Voting gave you far fewer credits then the current system as well. People used to regularly vote and our standing on the lists was much higher due to that. Currently I feel many people don't vote just cause they can earn credits easier in game.

Maybe i'm just an old timer but statistics don't lie. We had a much more active server back then. Things just got too easy and people got bored. Many of our "best" members have left due to boredom. This left serveral unfinished projects that currently litter the map blocking what few projects we do have going. Claiming these abandoned projects is also quite the chore for staff and members a like. I am not saying these standards should be changed....

I have no say in the final decision but for the good of Minetown I will gladly give up everything I have to see this server improve. I myself have not played on main for many months cause it's somewhat boring now. All tasks that I used to spend hours doing are gone.

It would be nice to have 40-100 people on again. Without drastic action I don't see this as being a possibility though.
Personally, I am against most of the ideas on this page by most of posters.

The ability to allow MTC to be converted into other types of items should be restricted completely, so that when the MTC are erased, everyone is affected. This will balance everyone. For forcing a loss on everyone. Ripping out a massive part of the economy, and not replacing it. So that people must use what they already had in gold/diamonds/iron, in order to survive. Like I intend to do. It'll be a challenge. A good one. And it'll weed out alot of laziness, to get people to work for what they want again.

Currently I have about 8 million mtc. And I am willing to allow every single credit I have, to be erased if it helps bring this server back on track. I am certain I am not the only one willing to accept these kinds of losses either. We must strictly control how this is to happen, and what people are and are not allowed to do. Being a solely MTC based wealth then I feel that is just your own loss, and you'll have to learn to deal with it. Sometimes you just have to make the hard choices, and it won't be what everyone will like. But it will be worth it in the long run.

Less servers, might be a wise idea as Lucas Said. Just the Main server, not 2 of them, would be more beneficial. Keep things simple, consolidate player activity into an easier to manage 1-world. The event world, merge it with main. Make a designated area on the map for events and other projects. I doubt anyone would object to that, due the convenience of simply warping to it. Not to mention, the keeping of the guest world, but removal of the wildlands server. We only need one world for all that, let what wildlands did be solely on the guest server. Or move the guest server into the wildlands. Either way, consolidate the worlds. Less is more. Less to manage, more efficient use of time and capability to run them. More staff on each. Better perms and updates. Quicker response. Less headaches. And we won't have to run between servers anymore, just to get something done.

That makes at least 3 servers/worlds gone from the hosting. More ram, memory and storage for the remaining ones. Better use of more diversified single servers/worlds that offer more then having them split apart.

And if a map reset is to ever happen.. then I guess it will just happen. If that is what is required, so be it. I may lose Tokyo due it, but guess what? Then I'll lose Tokyo.

But I'll be staying to rebuild after a reset.

I'll deal with it.

If I am willing to go along with all these drastic changes, then I will do what I must, including losing everything I built on Minetown, to ensure that Minetown once again strives, then I ask who else is willing to stay and help out?

I once again ask that if I can l learn to work with, adapt, and overcome these obstacles, then who else will rise to the challenge with me?
Sorry to put you down HK, but having the Guest World seperate and all that Helps the server, otherwise we would have to run what, 4 worlds, all in one box, whereas with the proxy they are separated into their own boxes, minmizing lag and all that