Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

Maybe a Mini-Games World on the already existing Events Server?
Jared wrote:
It's why Minecraft is on a decline, and why there's so much new stuff being added with every update.

Um where do you get this info? Minecraft made over 15 million sells in 2012 and grossed over $250 million. This is why you see so many updates and new features. They are also projected to beat that mark this year.

"He’s not kidding about Minecraft still selling fast. In the last 24 hours, Minecraft sold another 11,660 copies at $27.95, a daily revenue of $314,237. In other words, it’s still taking almost a million dollars every three days." - PCGamer.com

"The Mojang empire continues, charmingly and undemonstratively, to expand." - Forbes.com

"Not even a shift from PC to console can slow down indie hit Minecraft." - USA today

"Mojang confirmed that 4 million copies of Minecraft have been sold on Xbox 360 and another 700,000 have been sold across iOS and Android, pushing the franchise past 12.7 million units sold across all platforms" - IGN.com (Not end of year stats)

70,808 of your purchased/redeemed Minecraft for PC/Mac on December 25th, and 241,845 during the week of the 24th – 30th. <- just one week

A quick search on google show multiple sources all saying that as of April 2013 Minecraft has already sold over 10m copies....
On MiniGames.....We arent a :"minigame server" we are a SMP survival economy server, at least in regards to main. And although lots of people like that, it moves SO far away from our actual server. So even though its fun and all, its also key to realize that we just arent a MinGames server, so we would in sense by moving our objective become a completely server. And from what I can tell thats not the point, the point is to figure out how to become better.

~jimbo!!!
It would be hard to run a mini-games "world" Each mini game would basically have to have its own server, as with mini-game plugins, they don't really let you do it by world, and it takes a whole server to run them.
i will keep my ideas simple

-limit spawners

-no mtc

-moniter staff (some havent been on as much)

-slow down of world expansion

-small rewards for activity
??? wrote:
ADD A FEATURE SO WE CAN SEE WHEN A PLAYER WAS LAST INGAME

/seen <playername>
??? wrote:
wut i nevar said that lol

You did, but you removed it. Hence this "Posted 13 mins ago · Last edited 2 mins ago by ???".
??? wrote:
wut i nevar said that lol

It shouldnt be in your best intentions to make yourself look stupid. Not trying to be mean, just saying though.

By the way, you spelled what and never wrong.
as far as economy goes... there are quite simple economic principles that can be applied to a situation such as we have on main server.

ill put together a comprehensive plan. but consider that we have an inflated economy, two currencies, and a large disparity of wealth... im rich, new players arent.

and does anyone find it strange that most of staff is UBER rich in MTC? i mean, okay, they're online alot... but still... thats A LOT of mtc...

but hey, read wikipedia to understand economic strategies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_concentration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_of_money

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distribution_of_wealth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation

to note... removing MTC is a bad idea, it deflates the economy is a way that INCREASES income disparity. it would RAISE the value of diamonds, and thereby make the rich, richer.

a map wipe is a terrible idea as well. the reason i play on a server at all is party so that my creations are safe.

...im more likely to lose something i built as a result of hardware failure or deletion on my pc than on a server i dont even own... consider that!

and what about stuff we've all made? ive explored main by just typing /warp zio and warping to all the stuff zionia has made warps for... just do /warp the things you can find are incredible

or even simpler /warp 324 or some number and go through a page... you cant delete main... you CAN fix it... it takes logic and reason and a bit of know how, but its actually something very doable

as far as getting more players... make MT more friendly, everyone nowadays is so damn serious and always talking about problems... it seems ya'll go out of your way to be like "HEY WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT MT?!?!" and make threads about it...

ive been banned for almost two months, i just want to play again, but somehow in that time, noone seems to have brightened up or gotten cheery..

as soon as i can im going for staff... i want more smiles, less stress, and a community to be proud of...

not a bunch of worry warts <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

(kidding) <333's
Things to avoid

There are too many servers right now. when I first started 40 people would make minetown feel somewhat populated. Now, spread across so many servers, 40 people feels lonely. Last time I logged in, there was only 6 people on main. Some of the less popular servers need to go..

The main server had too many "fixes" to the econemy. The ability to make spawners from spawn eggs and mine spawn eggs from the spawners at strongholds was the begginning of the fall. It devalued many items quickly. Zombie piggs and the ability to convert gold to diamonds at the bank caused the diamond currency to plummet. The egg buyback caused massive inflation of mtc. There was also the making of IC's illegal, the spawn limiter plugin. the changing of the spawn rate of zombie piggs to 0...turning off villager trading...etc..... it seemed as if everytime I invested in a technology(time and resources) that tech would be turned off at the server level or made a banning offence like 2 days later. If you are going to fix an exploit, do it quickly before anyone gets too far ahead using it. Server plugin "features" that could effect the econemy should be kept to a minimum. The consequences of fixes need to be thought out.

There needs to be other punishments other than bans. a ban should be a last resort. it takes a player and often times their friends off the server... never to be seen again. There are jails, privilages like building privilages can be revoked for a time. inventories can be cleared, buildings can be reset, a server plugin could make them move super slowly, they can be muted... there needs to be alternatives and some of these things can be automated with plugins. bans are like capital punishment and minetown is like the Texas of server clusters.. Punishments should be standard and should fit the crime.

The ban appeal process seems degrading, The ban occurs, the banee begs for mercy, the banee gets abmonished, the axe falls... all in a public forum.. Change the forum so that ban appeals are private to the banee and the admins.