Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT REVAMP 2013 - Suggestions & Ideas
Started by [E] sawine

herpidy derpidy!

just thought id pop in and see if any new news was in by way of the MT REVAMP stuff...???

id check on the server or in mumble, butttttt im banned <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

anyhow, if anyone wants to read a thesis paper theres my economic fix idea here too

http://www.minetown.net/forum/page/3/m/672632/viewthread/7017472-n0ttsweets-economic-solution-reply-dun-been-threaded

i always love more perspectives!
The time first time I have joined the PvP server, I was astounded by spawn because it was so big (that's what she said). Later as I played I got annoyed having to walk a long distance to get to the shops or to the wild. Maybe you could either shrink spawn or bring the shops closer.

Please make this happen.
mindreader007 wrote:
The time first time I have joined the PvP server, I was astounded by spawn because it was so big (that's what she said). Later as I played I got annoyed having to walk a long distance to get to the shops or to the wild. Maybe you could either shrink spawn or bring the shops closer.

Please make this happen.

Expanding on that, I do think some of our spawns are 'over-whelming' as I remember ModernDragoness once was talking to TPrezzle about it. Some people don't understand the 'online minecraft community' and just want to play minecraft.

I think when they see the huge spawn they ask where is the forest then leave... Perhaps simpler spawns could be made, while still looking good.
Gotmilk wrote:
mindreader007 wrote:

Please make this happen.

Expanding on that, I do think some of our spawns are 'over-whelming' as I remember ModernDragoness once was talking to TPrezzle about it. Some people don't understand the 'online minecraft community' and just want to play minecraft.

I think when they see the huge spawn they ask where is the forest then leave... Perhaps simpler spawns could be made, while still looking good.

Another way in which we could go about this idea is, keep the spawns we have currently, however add "wild" warps around the map, in untouched areas, which could be very small and simple buildings or spaces, so new players can go out to wild areas easily and be able to find the forests, mines, mobs and what not that they want to.

My 500th post... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f620.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":x">:x</object>
Expanding further, I think that our spawns are fine, but we could do more to promote the rest of the server, with warps on the edge of spawn areas. And I have always thought getting a RandomTP plugin would be cool, so we dont have to make a new /warp wild whenever too manty people build aund it

PS: I'm 1 post away from 400!
I really think spawners need to be destroyed. I mean gaining massive amounts of MTC for standing around, Idling? It is not ok. I also donʻt want two forms of money. It is much better with either only MTC or diamonds. Also, there needs to be a way to counteract inflation.
Sorry for doublepost, but MTC has gotten out of hand. I feel the only way to fix that problem is to wipe it completely.
MTC < Gold & Diamond economy
keoni108 wrote:
I really think spawners need to be destroyed. I mean gaining massive amounts of MTC for standing around, Idling? It is not ok. I also donʻt want two forms of money. It is much better with either only MTC or diamonds. Also, there needs to be a way to counteract inflation.

It's all well and good saying we need to remove spawners, what you didn't think is how people have invested thier entire savings in spawners. You clearly don't trade in spawners.

Also why is everyone bashing MTC, you seem to think if we just use diamond all our troubles will just disappear, it's not MTC that's the problem it's the fact there is so much value in the economy, we need to bleed that out and stop any new money being made. It has nothing to do with MTC it's the way it's used. So how about we all use our heads a bit and stop asking for a wipe in MTC because that wont solve anything. Yes it will take value out of the economy but the amount lost would be too much and it would be chaos...

We need to stop thinking so selfishly people. Oh I don't have much MTC so let's wipe it that way I don't lose a lot. That's how I see people thinking ATM...

We cannot just wipe anything. That isn't an option. We need to bleed MTC out not just wipe it...
There was a compromise done in another server i played in. Its map finally reached a point of such disrepair and ugly. It was 2 years old afterall with a border of 15k blocks. The map was given a "soft" reset. Essentially using Bungee the old map was made into a server with limited to no plugins other then grief prevention and economy. A new map was started and it flourished. There were a lot and i mean a lot of people angered by this decision. In the end it settled and played nicely.

however MT's spawn is old and dated but its one of the most... if not the most detailed spawn i ever seen. To see such a splendor be made into a memory would be a glorious shame. What should be done instead is relocation of the spawn itself and have a new city erected around it.

Before we ever did the oldserver, newserver reset compromise we erected a new spawn several months before we ever considered the reset. I see great potential in MT. Also the map border could possible be expanded another 5k blocks. I actually know of hardly corrupted terrain where i live.

Also another consideration may need to be put into effect. Look into "which" of the servers are actually being played on. Nowadays I see 80% of all MT play being on the skyblock server. not many people play any of the main or survival servers. I never see anyone on the zombie world or spleef servers. occasionally i'll see a msg from the wildlands and such. But yeah... Also how populated is the FTB server??

Because i might have a working compromise to the FTB server should anyone like to hear it. Basically its about UniversalElectricity. The new official Ampz modpack was released several days ago. All the mods have been given new faces along with incredible amounts of critical fixes! I was one of the beta testers to the pack and let me tell you its loaded with lots of fun things.