Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] {Official} Spawner Disscussion Thread
Started by [E] Zionia

Sorry ive been slow in responding to this...i am going thru in detail now and will be posting my responses to all questions and thoughts that have been posted...gimme a bit to post..im writing it up now <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
Alrighty, heres my reply to everything stated, discussed, and asked to this point. Sorry for being a bit late in the response. We have had a few priority things take over my time lately. If i come off seemingly angry or anything like that, just note i dont mean to. The way things sound when written and read can be interpreted incorrectly and I am not trying to bash or bruise anyone here for suggestions and ideas.

Now to the replies:

*Note: SS is being fixed now for real! I got an admin to help finalize and fix the issue...should be fixed in a day or three!

Poke:

Sorry to have stressed you out over this, but unfortunately, something needed to be done to draw the community back in from where it was going. XP farms are still possible, but just on a more reasonable level. If you remember, MT Main is supposed to be a SMP with a few added features. We were supposed to stay relatively vanilla, but have let ourselves get way too far spread out and it has turned into a creative world without physical creative mode.

The inflation crisis wont balance itself out without something being done with spawners first and that is what we have done with the limiter.

ZP spawners caused an issue the moment we allowed them...ive had several members show me their 7-20 dblchests of diamondblocks they have gotten solely through the use of ZP farms. You can still hunt them in the nether...they are abundant enough that you can still go happy hunting them.

WE do have one thing that will be helping with the future building of spawners coming with the fix of SS by making them more expensive to actually craft. The only reason nimaro is permitted the ghast and silverfish is for the public use of viewing the zoo. If found to be using for any other reason, they have already been informed they will be taken away.

Using expensive materials in building can help, but the issue is they still exist in the world and could one day recirculate. So it does help for the here and now, but later on it could hurt again.

Sayomie: Need to add endermen to rate 10

Jimbo: That was my first hope for finding a limiter, but the issue is either 1: i would have to wipe all spawenrs from the world, or 2: everyone would have to break all their spawners then replace them. and 3: you see how well our beacon limiter works...

Fettuccini: The voting is going to be looked into. It has gotten a bit out of hand, especially with the people not actually voting, but abusing the glitch in the system. Also by people abusing migated accounts to get more MTC and transfer it to their own. We plan to fix it as we can, but a lot of it is dependant on the voting sites themselves. When we make the next move, it should be more balanced. The main issue with the MTCs was there were practically no sinks for it that did anything to balance the flood. Now we have a few and plan to be adding more.

Cyto: I know it will hurt at first, but i think in the long run, once the dust settles, the investments will be worthwile. The costs of enchanted items will go back up due to it actually taking reffort to gain 30 levels of XP rather than AFKing for 5 minutes then punching for 30 seconds.

The buyback is mostly to just get excess Spawners out of the system. The limiter means people will need to either make more smaller traps or take down excess spawners and need to sell them.

PZs spawn quite well on their own in the Nether. If you want the XP from them, there should be a bit of danger involved. All mobs give XP.

The issue with the fluctution was that MT was allowing a completely free market for players to determine the value of items. The staff has awarded too many prizes of the material wealth and never had the sinks to remove them from the economy, so they distributed and grew, rather than sinking back out. There may be a few fixes going into this to prevent these issues from arising again.

The hard part about doing a diamond backed MTC or visa versa system is that we dont know how many are out there already...they overflowed and the only way to bring them in is with an equal exchange program or by wiping the map (which i would rather not do personally).

The point-vote system is another thing i am looking into a rough draft for...rather than directly paying in MTC, you get points that you can use to purchase specific things such as MTC, Diamonds, perhaps some temporary perks and other things of the sort.

Change is always something that is hard. There are some big changes to be made to fix things. I am trying to do it one step at a time so that people dont have multiple heartattacks and/or strokes. It may be a long and painful process, but i feel more people will prefer this to the quick fix of being like other servers and doing a regular complete resets of the world.

Odarus: Ive seen the numbers on the server load...mob-entity lag has dropped by near 70% with the limiter, and another 40% with the AFK Kicker. We may adjust it a hair more now that we are seeing what is going on with 10. I dont think we will go above 16 however or we will start getting into the same issues as before unless we also add back the 'check adjacent chunks' line (which means it would count all spawned mobs in the 3x3 chunk grid centered on the mobs)

Gold=>Diamond Exchange is back up at the bank now that the PZs are disabled. And I feel the Refund for the PZs is pretty reasonable at EggDrop.

Barney: As the plugins are solving the issues we had with SS, and we are going to up the cost of crafting them, we are going to keep SS. It is simpler for player use and less likely to cause more headaches for staff later on with player derps <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

Iron/Gold/Diamond were always currency because they were hard to get mining or expensive if you used MTC. They became too abundant due to the event prizes of the past that included regular 9 stacks of Dblocks and similar. I have a few fixes in mind to bring their value back up. The current one is my personal diamond drive and donations to the lava gods...if it doesnt work, I may introduce a server exchange from diamonds to MTC to set the limit on how far players can devalue diamonds. Would rather keep the market as free as possible, but i feel this one may need to happen or else we will have to move to a MTC only economy which would hurt just as many players as moving to Material only economy.

I like that idea for the point=buy system as well and will be discussing plans on it with sawine later about it as well.

We are looking into some way to restabalize the economy as best as possible without just doing a major reset. We probably wont introduce any until 1.5 comes out and stabalizes first as we want to know everything changing before we do something that just becomes null and void after putting out a lot of time and effort into planning.

Lottery will come back when it is stable and not abusable again. We are looking to some new ones and other sinks as well.

Landro: Would rather find some way to deal with the situation permanently rather than something we have to fix with every update. Its a good idea to just disable it, but what of people who go to the nether to kill them for their drops? They lose out then.

SS will be up soon (finally). and yay less server load! lol

We are always looking for more sinks. WE is doing a great deal. Even before the buyback, I had over 2 million MTC out of the system just from WE requests. We had a lack of sinks all this time and diamonds and credits just built up exponentially with no drain. now we have a plunger! Still gotta remove a lot of clogged material though.

Staff sinks are coming as well...they dont want to admit it, but for the sake of the server, the staff will be participating as well when the time comes. I personally only issue awards and prizes from my own MTC already so less is actually spawned into existance. Others do similar things. Staff are requesting WEs too and they get charged the same as anyone else.

Parrot: we will be fixing the voting overflow. Just a matter of time and deciding the best way to do it. Currently we are looking into a point-buy award rather than straight MTC payment. you can use points to buy certain awards or temp perks such as tpa or a warp or mtc even, but it will be better controlled than a straight flood of MTC.

Lottery will be back one day when it doesnt bug out and steal money.

We have a egg buyback program at warp EggDrop where you can sell your eggs back to the server. May look into using something other than diamonds as we go along, but waiting for 1.5 before we make any final decission on it.

Barney: I thought of doing something like that, but as I am finding with playerheads, people derp with the wool null IDs and end up placing them and they revert to a standard block. The same issue will come with using an odd block like that and people will demand refunds. Personally, I like the idea, so long as we set in stone that if you derp the block, it will not be refunded. The other issue with it is those blocks have no purpose, whereas diamonds and gold do have a use and that is what gives them their values.

Easy way to fix the despawn is just to reduce the number of spawners of a single type to 4-5 so they dont despawn before they die or you kill them. Thats why we have the buyback. If i could find a pluin that would do what you suggest i would love to try it. Unfortunately there are none that do that and are maintained or reliable.

Matt: Just a note: Gold and diamond are not two seperate currency systems, simply just a size-value marker of the ssame currency. that is why there is a constant ratio between them of 3 to 1. its like a $1 bill and a $5 bill...they are the same thing, just virtual markers. Technically we used to be a gold standard economy and gold was the primary trade unit, with diamonds being used for larger transactions. as they both were devalued, diamonds became the standard, and mtc just overcame it all.

Odarus: Yes, I do agree with you there. For large purchases MTC does make things more convienent which is why i do not want to remove the system. Just modify it to balance better.

Barney: In actuallity, MTC would be the easiest as it is a database. The only way to remove diamonds would be to reset every chest in the server and wipe everyones inventories and remove all diamondblocks from the server in construction. The advantage of MTC is we can also lock it into a seperate system to say, only be usable as a server curency for CS, WE, Vaults, Staff Assistance, and those kind of non-player to player transactions whereas diamonds could not be limited in such a way.

Lance: No worries <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object> I dont hold grudges for occasional ragings. we all need to vent sometimes (even me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>)

We will do our best to get the gold exchange back in full swing, so no worries there.

Would be nice if we could do it by region rather than chunk as well. Havent seen one that functions stable in that setting yet though.

I do plan to go on a cleaning spree one day in the distant future...but that is gonna be a long time from now when i can get to that without other more pressing matters lighting fires under my fuzzy rump.

I do plan to bring TradeCraft back into main later on to help with the stimulation of the material economy as it is not an iconomy based trade system. Should help promote the gold/diamond currency use.

There may be plans to try something with MTC for server use only...but im not going to press that heart attack just yet. The spawner one is the primary issue at this moment.

Adam: If we do decide to do a MTC to server only use, we would definately do something like this first to give players the chance to cash in before we blocked it out. I dont think we would do a full reset of MTC, though we may offer an incentive to donating excessive MTC later as well (hinthint shiny forum tag)

Dim: Glad you arent panicing just yet XD

You see the picture pretty well. A good number wish to return to the older gameplay and create a more challenging means of player cooperation again.

As of right now, that is how Main2 is being maintained and managed. I like the ideas and will talk with Grifff about them as we would like to be able to allow players to move between the two worlds without so much a drastic change. Perhaps this can be looked into further as well. I will add it to my list.

Barney: your 2nd reason is what gives diamond/gold a value. it has real use. MTC doesnt.

Staff dont want to control the economy. Many of the staff want to just be able to play as players once in a while. It is set up as a free market for a reason. Unfortunately a few staff decided to tip the scales and made it an issue that needs to be fixed.

One downside you miss that draws people is that new players will be at an extreme disadvantage and many players come into servers expecting the standard to be diamond for people who do not donate.

Can look into the idea some more, but i feel more would wish to turn back to a material base than solely MTC based as it would require a reset at some point.

Cyto: I am planning on tieing the diamond value at the bank later on, but i want it to be a slow process to try to get as many out of the system as possible first.

The issue with the economy is the inflation with mtc, and items from spawners, and AFK automated mining/crafting/smelting.Those are the only changes that I am focusing on trying to fix and stabalize other than derping plugins, lag and trying to get our community involvement back up.

king-kong: That idea is being thought about as well, but we arent going to do anything with it until we see what affects 1.5 will have involving emeralds. The issue with emeralds is they have no use atm and thus no purpose in the economy. We are debating using it as a currrency vs reallowing villager trading...its kind of a toss up right now and 1.5 will help us make a decission on that.

We are looking for sinks and new ways of rewarding voting other than straight MTC. Ill add your idea to the list.

Fettuccini: Thank you! *highlights SURVIVAL SERVER*

I see your points in moving to an all MTC based economy and agree with the ideas. Unfortunately its tied into the spawner issue right now. I just realized this thread is supposed to be primarily focussed on the spawners and we have been talking economy not dealing with spawners for a while now. If we want to go to a strictly MTC based world, that is fine, but a reset will be needed to redistribute wealth and encourage players to be on equal levels. Spawners will need to be restricted a bit more to avoid the devaluing of materials. The issue with a MTC based economy on its own is with nothing to set the value of mtc, the prices become irrelevant and we will just have a non-stop gas war until everything bottoms out (at least in the spawner market sets until they drag everything with it).

Sinks are being implemented as they are thought up and discussed. So if anyone has more ideas for it, please let me know. I would love for there to be a way to sink as much out as possible so we dont have to worry about a reset if we do decide to go straight MTC based.

Lance: i came in before MTc could be used for anything other than at the credit shop. I know as well that it wont work as a straight up change over. The older members we are trying to bring back will take one look and never bother again.

Mining my first gold and diamond was a great experience and made it worth staying to know i could get what i needed if i worked for it. Sometimes that giant red reset button is tempting XD

Fettuccini: Part of the voting issue is people arnt actually voting. they are using the glitch that doesnt count as a vote to get their MTC quickly with little effort. We are thinking up new incentives in place of a straight MTC per vote system as well.

Part of the issue is most people dont want ot mine period because everything is so easy to buy from the few peole that do all the work. This unfortuntly has dire consequences. We get a large number of people coming in, but we retain very few. They quickly lose interest as it is an 'almost creative' server without the perks of full creative...so the ones that want to be creeative go elsewhere to a just creative and the ones wanting someting more involved leave for other servers, and others loose interest in MC altogether.

Matt: It will probably happen eventually that the server supplies an exchange if we do chose to go straight MTC or straight materail based economy. but it wont happen until the playermarket can be brought up to the level we want to set it at else people will just abuse it to gain the mtc or diamonds.

HK: unfortunately we all carry the human disease called laziness and competitiveness...and they battle it out all the time.

I do hope we can move back to being survival one day...im tired of being on the same level and compared to servers such as LC. We can be better than that. We have been better than that. We Will be better than that one day again if everyone puts a little effort into it.

Personally, I do not treat donors any differently than non-donors. I thank you for your donations, but you need to remember, they are donations. We donate because we feel the server should be something greater and we are investing into it. The way the server is going, I personally wouldnt feel the need to invest as a new player unless i see it change for the better. All the color names tend to distract me from what im trying to do or work on and i have to turn chat off sometimes just to get things done due to all the colors and nicknames. I cant even keep track of some players for changing their name so often.

That lack in community support is one of the main things i miss and hope to bring back from the old days of MT. Unfortunately, I can only do so much. It takes effort from everyone to make it happen.

You do make a good point here in the end. Everyone needs to keep an open mind in what is being discussed. I am keeping as open a mind as possible and taking all these suggestions and ideas into account as i move forward with what will happen.

Barney: If nothing is tied ot MTC there is no way to regulate its value at all and soon it will not be worth the pixels it is printed with.

The attitude needs to change in the server. I am getting stressed over this issue. It seems I have to have an irrational arguement almost on a daily basis now. Yelling and screaming at me to do something for you right now is not how you get things done. Arguing with me for charging to have an item repaired when it would have cost you XP and materials already is stupid. We as staff dont have to do many of the things we do for you. We do all the work we do on an entirely voulenteer basis with less perks than you all seem to realize.

Credits from voting wont ever completely be removed. else there will be very few reasons to continually vote.

Sometimes you need to learn from the old to fix the new.

Cyto: You are right. The issue isnt the distribution. The issue is people hoard it rather than setting appropriate prices based on the availability of MTC. If we get 2k a day from voting, you should be wantign to spend more than that in a day as the voting MTC is a perk. With the prices where they were, people could buy 18.5 Diamond blocks a day just off their voting profits...the ways to fix this are 2. Keep the player market and hope the community will all raise prices accordingly, or step away from a freemarket system and have the prices regulated by the server with some flexable room for player markets (which might in time fail due to the server never running out of stock and player markets needign to be restocked). That is the easy fix for this side of the issue, but it has its own problems as you see.

Cyber: Nerfing is one of the things im trying to get rid of for most things, and that is a big part of why we are doing these changes. To reallow villager trading and other features we blocked. I believe beacon limiter was finally yoinked and i have no intention to reenable it unless players get out of hand with beacons.

If the beaconlimiter would have worked i may have gone with a spawner limiter, but it would mean a complete deletion of all spawners in the world and people were strongly opposed to this moreso than any other plans ive brought up.

There is a buyback going on now. Warp Eggdrop.

That is one of the considerations we are talking about. All MTC based. Its a matter of figuring out the best method for the entire community and determining how to get everyone to the same level to start when we do this though.

I agree with you there on gamesmenship...it is terribly lacking lately...not a good way to grow as a community.

Gurgash: for now they are blocked...If when we decide what to do about the economy we decide to move to a solely MTC based economy, they will most likely be reallowed. For now the exchange is back because of the demand of it.

Barney: Unfortunately, you are 100% right. Its not up to the staff to fix. We can only do so much. IF you all wont put in a little effort to make the community a better place, it is on you. The constant bickering, complaining, gossip and unruly behavior needs to be cut back and people need to just get along for the sake of the rest of the members and future members.

Odarus/Cyber: Should be fixed. small derp in the config.

8x8: Thank you for pointing out the one thing most people havent brought up yet. That in itself is a huge part of why i do not wish to go to a MTC only economy, because that affects ALL servers just about.

You pretty much explained one of the plans I am considering in a nutshell. Have a 1 month server Bazzar that offers ways to spend your MTC before we change MTC for being server only use. Im not saying this is happening, but it is one of the ideas on the table (amongst about 20 others).

This method would require the least sacrifice of any plans i have laid out though and I personally lean towards it.

Odarus: Buybacks to get rid of them mostly. People are complaining about the prices being so low and not realizing some of threm are a lot higher than you could normally get at a regular rate. If the excess are removed from the world, their individual value can go back up once the buyback is over.

There is a plan for the MTC flux as well that will become clear as time goes on.

Barney: You have to remember each has their own economy to buy materials and weapons and benefits within that server.

Tokens are in the thought process for voting as well, but removing MTC entirely from voting probably cannot happen either way.

Fettuccini: That is a very valid point as well. I will add this into the table as well for consideration on that topic.

MrBacon: Agreed entirely. It will be a slow change, not a sudden one. Most likely several months long. The ideas of the bazzar i mentioned above are for the last month or so of the change when we determine there

should be a cutoff.

Serversign for diamonds is in the thought processes as well for when we decide to make a switch. just hoping to do it naturally before forcing the signs up at a set price.

Dim: Im sorry im a giant accident waiting to happen <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> im just trying to find a solution that works for most without simply pressing a giant reset button and screwing everyone involved.

Lance: Nope <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object> its part of a plan.

Spaz: Actually they havent physically changed value at all. No one changed any prices with the flux, thus the value going down is on the playermarket not moving with the flow. The idea was the flux would cause prices to rise, thus revaluing and redistributing that wealth.

I am not revealing the reasons behind the flux of MTC yet as I do not want people to anticipate the next step.

That is another good idea to ponder is a new currency use altogether. We could use it as a reset for the economy while allowing MTC to remain to filter out through the sinks while the otrher can be built via other means.

I do have a plan, as crazy as you may think it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object> I do have some sanity in it as well. It will jsut take time to flow as id rather not destroy everyones hopes and dreams in one big massive blow that hurts everyone.

Also with those top people...if you notice they are mostly staff...its part of the plan as well <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

Barney: According to the server, there is much less lag from mobs, entities, and spawners. The server loads have dropped greatly by those causes since the administration of the plugins. If you havent noticed much change, odds are it is a connection or client issue. Most people are reporting much better framerates, less blockbreaklag and various other glitches that used to be continious issues.

Nothing wrong with the hardware really...its just the sheer massiveness of the harddrives haveing to load 100s of segments at a time when they only have one needle.

Forlel: Its up to you if you choose to participate or not. The prices are reflective of the more rescent prices,not former prices. The reason we have the buyback is to try to refund some of your losses from the plugin limiting the number usable at a location. If you wish to sell them for more, hold on to them and try the market once the buyback is removed. It isnt permanent.

Odarus: There have been some spikes due to minor tweakss being made in various plugins that we can now see are causing issues with our focus off the high load that was solely on mob entities. Sorry for that but it should settle.

wowon: As of now, we arent doing MBox so no worries. Buyback is available for all eggs at warp EggDrop.

SilkSpawners should be up again soon with a few changes.

xgamer: Buyback is for the removal of excess spawners from the server. Silk Spawners should be fixed within a day or two now that we have the situation being handled.

Thank you for laying it out in a simple maner XD every time i try to explain the process its a mesh of messy things. but yes, the primary issue is we have too much flow from the faucet, something caught in the drain, and the volatility of yogurt.

Lottery took 10% of all incoming out of the pot so yes it was a sink and will be when it returns.

As for the questions:
Quote:

How much MTC is being created through the Faucets, and how much MTC is being removed through the Sinks?

Faucets averagely generate about 1000% more than the sink useage removes. This includes prizes for events as well as voting, donations, Lootz chests, and other means of obtaining MTC from the server. The number is a bit lower since lootz is down and WE sink has had a good impact.

How much is the economy Deflating or Inflating?

Varies on a day to day, but farily steady considering the values are not set in stone for the exchange rate of the two currency types and there is a constant influx of MTC.

What, in real-terms, is the health of the economy?

Sicker than a puppy who needs to be put down.

How is the volatility of MTC factoring into that?

Almost entirely currently

What is the buy-power of MTC in real terms? Is that changing?

Buy power has extreme potential, but is not being utilized properly, thus causing the devaluement of all items.

Landro: PZ natural spawn rules are different than mainworld. Creating a natural trap is possible, but not on any form of highly productive due to the lower rate of random spawning. Depending where we go with the economy, it may not matter or it may be a very imporant matter to block the nugget drops. For now though, spawners are blocked and natural spawns are normal drops.

Forlel: this is in part why this discussion is taking so long even though it isnt the topic at hand. We need to figure out the best method of rstabalizing and changing the market to what will work. There have been suggestions of other materials as currency and for a new Credit system as well as MTC reset...all are being considered in great detail before anything will be done with them.

If you note, most top players are staff for money...and most of them are trying to help spur the economy, so you will see that their sums are irrelevant and may jsut poof away anyways.

For now both diamond and MTC are the commodities...i am pushing diamonds up again in price in my shops to help distribute MTC and increase the value of diamond back up so that when we do make a decission, there isnt a huge gap to try to exchange between.

Lance: The limiter should still interact as more go into the new chunk in the same way. it can just provide a more continious flow of the mob killing rate. If it isnt, then some adjustments probably will need to be made cause that is just circumventing the plugin.

Barney: Signshop has been causing a lot of lag issues lately...trying to fix that as well...waiting on the developer to get back to us.

Lance: i would appreciate it if you quit showing people how to cheat...anyone found to be actually cheating the system will be warned in the appropriate manner. We put these things into place for a reason, and the reason isnt to see how to get around them.

Sometimes we have to make a guess and test to see if it works...according to the server displays, it greatly reduced the load on the server.

Barney: That lag issue has always happened. It is because MC is primarily Java based and is not designed to hold that many people. It happened before the spawners and still happens. It has been low the past few months cause the numbers have been down. lately we have been having 60-100 people in main again and that lag is returning as well.

phew...that only took 4 hours to respond to...

in summary:

~Server Load has DRASTICALLY improved in the implementation of the Limiter (and AFK Kicker as well)

~Cheating the system will result in warning and standard punishments for breaking server rules (abusing a glitch).

~Many ideas on the economy fixes have been discussed and added to my notes. That is to be a seperate discussion from here, but as it went well in here i will keep those notes well at hand when the next discussion comes up.

~PZ spawners have been nerfed for now and gold to diamond exchange readded to the bank. May change when the economy reformation happens.

~Buyback is available at warp EggDrop

~SS will be fixed within the next 48 hours (tops! I promise this time!!!) with a change in the crafting formula. (will be noted on a thread when it is fixed)

~Buyback will be ending in about a month, prices may change over time to allow the player marketing of them to take over.

~Try not to be an arse ingame to people

~MBox is NOT happening at this time due to the fixes with the Limiter and AFK Kicker plugins. If people wish to continue abusing glitches, mbox may go in place and all spawners defaulted to pig. So yell at the ones who are breaking the rules <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

~The mass flux of MTC is part of a plan in hopes to boost sales and prices up. Dont worry too much on it as they will settle with some of the new implements to be added.

~Endermen will be readded to spawnrate. It was a derp that it wasnt added.

More to come as time goes by, but as of now, i think the spawner issue is at least at a managable level and shouldnt require any further changes so long as people dont abuse it.

Hope you all can work together to help bring MT around for the better.

~Zionia
I am thankful to play on a server where decision makers tolerate debate on server progression. I know it's a hassle to communicate so openly about plugin changes/etc and I appreciate Zio for taking the time to join our debates and answer our questions. Taking so much time out of your day to respond to us like this is more than we should ever expect and very respectable. Thanks!!
Im just so confused now about what to support and what not...

But thanks for the post, it clarified a lot of stuff
Regarding despawning the oldest mob vs. preventing the new mob to spawn, there is a really easy fix.

In the .jar file of the plugin there is a file named Events.java, which in line 65 looks something like this:
Code:
//if (Config.removeOldest == true){ checkChunk(event.getEntity(), event.getEntity().getLocation().getChunk(), event.getEntity().getType()); checkedChunks.clear(); } /*else{ List<Entity> chunkEntities = getChunkMobs(event.getEntity().getLocation().getChunk(), eType); if ((chunkEntities.size()+1) > Config.watchedMobs.get(eType.toString()).totalPerChunk) { if (Config.debuggingMode == true) plugin.info("Canceling " + eType.toString() + " from spawning at " + event.getEntity().getLocation().getChunk().toString()); } event.setCancelled(true); }*/

You simply remove the comment marks " // " , " /* " and " */ ".

The result will look like this:
Code:
if (Config.removeOldest == true){ checkChunk(event.getEntity(), event.getEntity().getLocation().getChunk(), event.getEntity().getType()); checkedChunks.clear(); } else{ List<Entity> chunkEntities = getChunkMobs(event.getEntity().getLocation().getChunk(), eType); if ((chunkEntities.size()+1) > Config.watchedMobs.get(eType.toString()).totalPerChunk) { if (Config.debuggingMode == true) plugin.info("Canceling " + eType.toString() + " from spawning at " + event.getEntity().getLocation().getChunk().toString()); } event.setCancelled(true); }

Now just remember to change the config so it reads removeOldest = false, and we are golden <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Edit: Fixed bad indexation. It didnt like getting copy pasted.
Hey, if you havent noticed this is more than a month old

it really should be /ocked...
Could we get an update on what type of spawners works and which doesnt?

I know zombies, spiders, skeletons and blazes works just fine for me. Cave spiders are still broken.
im testing now as the new update derped a bit...will make a reply when i have it tested
Zionia wrote:
Alrighty, heres my reply to everything stated, discussed, and asked to this point. Sorry for being a bit late in the response. We have had a few priority things take over my time lately. If i come off seemingly angry or anything like that, just note i dont mean to. The way things sound when written and read can be interpreted incorrectly and I am not trying to bash or bruise anyone here for suggestions and ideas.

Now to the replies:

*Note: SS is being fixed now for real! I got an admin to help finalize and fix the issue...should be fixed in a day or three!

Poke:

Sorry to have stressed you out over this, but unfortunately, something needed to be done to draw the community back in from where it was going. XP farms are still possible, but just on a more reasonable level. If you remember, MT Main is supposed to be a SMP with a few added features. We were supposed to stay relatively vanilla, but have let ourselves get way too far spread out and it has turned into a creative world without physical creative mode.

The inflation crisis wont balance itself out without something being done with spawners first and that is what we have done with the limiter.

ZP spawners caused an issue the moment we allowed them...ive had several members show me their 7-20 dblchests of diamondblocks they have gotten solely through the use of ZP farms. You can still hunt them in the nether...they are abundant enough that you can still go happy hunting them.

WE do have one thing that will be helping with the future building of spawners coming with the fix of SS by making them more expensive to actually craft. The only reason nimaro is permitted the ghast and silverfish is for the public use of viewing the zoo. If found to be using for any other reason, they have already been informed they will be taken away.

Using expensive materials in building can help, but the issue is they still exist in the world and could one day recirculate. So it does help for the here and now, but later on it could hurt again.

It's okay, I perfectly understand. I get stressed too easily ^^; ZP's werent really my main issue. I dont have too many of them and can probably do without them, I just wanted to make sure I'd still be able to use my other spawners. Thanks ZIo :3
yupyup no prob