Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] {Official} Spawner Disscussion Thread
Started by [E] Zionia

I had noticed improvements until last night and things seemed quiet laggy then. Maybe just a fluke?

Is it possible that the other Eximus Gaming Minecraft servers require some adjustments as well? Not sure what their population is, but they may have an issue with living entities just as we did? Just a thought.
I don't think we are going to use mbox anymore..

And I agree, the buy back shop is a massive rip off. For most eggs it's really low, not even close :/
Hey everyone,

I've held off posting to see how this was going to start panning out.
Thread Started: wrote:
Posted Jan 11, 13

So, now it's been a week.

What's the deal? I see that there's a buyback program... so what's going to happen? Why is there a buyback? Are spawners not going to work?

I re-read all of the posts, and I see a lot of different brainstorming. I see MANY people talking about how Minetown's economy could be a main issue.

Now, eco-theory is a LOT more fun to talk about!

Honestly, I think one of the answers is very simple (Yay! I get to use some of my college education in Economics!). There are three key topics to consider.

• Money Faucets: (were raw money(MTC) is created and injected into the game)
  • Money Sinks: (where raw money(MTC) is removed / deleted from the game)
  • Money Volatility: How fast money(MTC) moves (Wealth re-distribution: Player A sells item to Player B. Money is neither created nor destroyed, but rather, changes ownership)

Ok, so here's what we need to know: How is money created? What are ALL of t he different ways money is injected into the system?

The only two ways that I know for-sure exists are:

1. Voting: Injects2,500 credits / day (more if you vote every 12 hours)
  2. Donating: Injects1,250 per $5 donated.
  3. Killing Zombies (on the zombie server): Injects X credits per Y zombies killed using some random number generation.
  4. Being in the top 3 voters. Injects X, Y, and Z, amounts of credits for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

Now, we need to answer a few more questions:

Are there any other ways that money gets created? Do staff members get compensated in MTC for all of their time? Do people "Win" money that get's created through events?

Continuing the theme, now we take a look at know MTC Sinks:

1. The Credit Shop (CS): Removes various amounts of MTC based on usage.
  2. Vault purchases and expansions: Removes various amounts of MTC based on usage.
  3. World Edits: Removes various amounts of MTC based on usage.
  4. The Lottery: (NOTE: This is only a sink IF: Less money is paid out, then paid in. If there is an equal pay IN and pay OUT, then it is NOT a sink, but only is a MTC Volatility Modifier. )

Here are a few questions we should ask about the Sinks:

How useful is the CS store?

(What is bought? *Most* Eggs have originally been bough from the CS? How many players buy the other stuff like diamonds? Why would players buy diamond for 150 if the player driven market is set for 30? How can the CS be more useful as a MTC Sink? What are it's strengths and weaknesses?)

How many players use MTC to buy/upgrade their vaults?

How many players are using World Edits?

Finally, the biggest question of all, and perhaps the hardest (thought very possible to answer if I had access to the proper tools):

How much MTC is being created through the Faucets, and how much MTC is being removed through the Sinks?

How much is the economy Deflating or Inflating?

What, in real-terms, is the health of the economy?

How is the volatility of MTC factoring into that?

What is the buy-power of MTC in real terms? Is that changing?

In conclusion, it doesn't matter WHAT the currency is (MTC, Diamond, Gold, Iron, Gunpowder, Paper Money, Coins, Bottlecaps, or Livestock). Though, some seem to be more or less useful). These very straightforward questions should be answered if we are to understand the health of our economy. And they should be answered BEFORE a change happens, or we could see some very unexpected results in the future of the economy.
8x8johan wrote:
I've waited for ya'll to post before me, and I've read it through to see what you thought.

There is one important thing that you're all missing:

MTC is the most used currency on 4 MT servers: PVP, Main, Main2 and the Zombie server.

They are all connected. Please don't pull the ''FUCK TEH OTHER SERVAS!!!'' card here -_-

This means that changes to MTC will not only affect the Main server, but all the servers where MTC is used. MTC is bing used for the following but is not limited to:

-PVP: Adminshop, auctions, trades, shops, the arena.

-Main: CS, shops, trades, some adminshop items.

-Main2: Shops, trades, towns.

-Zombie: Reward for killing, protection (sponges), trades?.

Looking at these facts we are completely addicted to MTC. And I haven't even started to talk about voting yet . So we can't just entirely remove them. But we can adjust them.

The problem is the following: MTC were originally (and still is in a way) intended as a voting reward, which you could use to buy stuff in the creditshop and trade to other players. Nowadays many people just build a house or sell some materials in order to get MTC. That is a problems because it makes lazy people (like myself) trade instead of just voting for the server. Aka less votes.

So here's my suggestion:

Give an X week notice that you will disable use of MTC at shop signs, and use the Dia/Gold/iron currency instead and create a shop where you can spend you MTC if you wish to.

Bring back all the bank trades. Maybe do iron for 9 gold (one block) as it's easier to use. Players will have to vote in order to maintain their towns on main2, go to the arena/buy stuff on PVP, get staffheads and playersheads, WE and CS items on main, and get sponge protection on Zombie. Players will however still be able to /money pay to other players. Players can keep their current amount of credits. Some credit prices may have to be adjusted because of this.

Why bring back Dia/Gold/iron currency? Because it's simple to understand and it's an easy alternative to credits without having to add all kinds of new stuff. One iron bar equals to 1 credit at the current rate, so i would say it's just as accurate as credits. There is also a certain fun and pleasure in getting gold, which you don't get in the same way with credits. Dia/gold/Iron also has a practical use which means it won't ever loose all it's value, it will always be worth something to everyone. And last, but most importantly, it would make more people vote in order to get credits, Why not try to make everyone vote for our beloved server? Again, this is far the easiest way to go.

Also, zombiepig-spawners will have to be disabled.

And for those who doesn't like to ''mine money''... is it better to harvest the ''money tree'' in form of voting instead of working for your money?

Again, this is just suggestion, and i know some will dislike me for saying this, but it seems that we have forgot the real purpose of credits and the other worlds of MT, which is a shame.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

8x8johan-

EDIT: I've talked to bothHunterkiller and Mungobungo about this suggestion, and they agreed that it is the best way to go for the economy.

This suggestion could however be adjusted to fit better.

^ This ^

On the pigzombie subject though: Even if spawners get disabled, there's still the nether where one can create a massive farm using naturally generated spawns.

I'm not quite sure how hard it would be, but you could disable pigzombies dropping gold ingots and gold nuggets.

That would not only let owners of pigzombiefarms to keep their spawners, but it would also remove the ability to autofarm a currency.
In trying to put one genie in the bottle they have released another, bigger, genie. The currency faucets are on and spewing out at high pressure. To see the effect of this, do a /money top. the top 5 have nearly 100 mil between them. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how this inflates the econemy. It does, however, require a rocket scientist to reach the top of their pile of cash. Many of the forms of currency in minetown are held by a minority of players. The diamond/gold market was flooded by those players with pig-zombie spawners. The emerald market is controlled by those players who cashed in on villager trading before it was disabled. The majority of mtc is now held by those players who baught lots of eggs before silk spawners was implemented and sold during the buy-back. To put the skew of MTC in comparison, a while back a player named thabigdawg traded in duped spawners and became one of the richer players doing so. His wealth(before he was banned) was looked at by other players with awe. He had 600k. The top player now has about 50 times that.

In the past, I have done OK in the wither skull/ nether star market selling for MTC. Now, I decorate my house with them. I honestly don't know what currency/commodity to trade them for.
You don't need to worry about your xp farm's. I have made a brilliant design in which the limiter doesn't interact.

you have to get the mobs to be in a different chunk than the one they spawn in....

-Anakata

Edit I forgot to attack my picture.
This is pointless, if you can just avoid the limiter why have it in the first place?

I really do think the limiter has been a bit of a mistake, it has done nothing to lag yet decreased the spawners usefulness.

Sorry to be Cpt obvious but have we considered that it could just be there are so many people online? Nothing to do with spawners?
lancefortier wrote:
You don't need to worry about your xp farm's. I have made a brilliant design in which the limiter doesn't interact.

you have to get the mobs to be in a different chunk than the one they spawn in....

Doesnt work with Iggyxp... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":-(">:-(</object>
I get the feeling it's not staff vs community, with people trying to avoid the limiter. Maybe this is a sign for staff that the limiter isn't that popular?

On another note, is there any thing suggesting to a cause of lag, or is the staff just guessi?
BARNEY626 wrote:
I get the feeling it's not staff vs community, with people trying to avoid the limiter. Maybe this is a sign for staff that the limiter isn't that popular?

On another note, is there any thing suggesting to a cause of lag, or is the staff just guessi?

If you really think we would make this big of a decision over a guess, we wouldn't be here right now