Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] {Official} Spawner Disscussion Thread
Started by [E] Zionia

Edit 4: Regarding MTC

The main factors for MTC usage along with issues:

• Voting rewards the users with MTC
  • MTC reward encourages voting and promoting the server
  • MTC influx creates inflation and instability on the server
  • We can't find a better way to reward users for voting
  • We want donation levels to remain the same with donation perks remaining the same.

This is a very primitive idea, but would it not be possible to create a point-based system for users to vote and accumulate points for exchange of services provided by the server?

For example, if you vote a day, you accumulate points. After these points accumulate, users can then exchange it for a reward, such as a warp being made in-game, ability to create a single clan, ability to use /hat, ability to change in-game name, etc.

I would think that this could allow us to avoid the overuse of MTC. Hypothetically, if we cut MTC and voting, we should be able to stabilize the economy (if it needs stabilizing that is). Will this not encourage users to vote? I do not know. Will this save the economy? I also do not know. This idea has a lot of room for expansion and I'd like to hear why it could work and why it couldn't work.

^ On my screen that is italicized, but I do not know why.
First, I have to say I like this move because it will kill lag caused by to many mobs at AFK farms! If the plugin can be adjusted up so that we can have ~70-80 alive in a chunk that will allow my farms with water lifts to operate and give me enough to kill at a fair pace. Kudos on the work and I think once adjusted we'll all be happy with less lag and farms that are still fun and worth working. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>

Special note to Zio regarding PZ Spawners, I love mine and use the heck out of gold but I will hold back my tears if you decide to leave them disabled. I trust you will treat us fairly with exchanges / refunds if it comes to that. If they are removed, we will need the Gold > Diamond exchange to keep up with gold demand probably - I hate it cause that means more diamonds generated, but maybe we could start with only Dia > Gold to be safe.
I think once tweaked and balanced the spawner limiter will be a good solution to the server load, still use SS.

I think we really need to look at the currency formats. Gold diamond and iron are not a good currency as you can find they in mining and they have many other uses, I think we should try to move away from those as a currency. MTC is a good format it's just we have messed it's value up. We give out so much for voting and so many people have gotten so much. We need to do something about that. Right now I dunno what...

As for voting I like cytos idea of instead of having MTC give points which can be used to buy services, for example x amount of points for a warp, or would be cool for x amount of points you could use donor kits just once, or tpa? I think people would actually prefer that...

As for pz spawners, I think we should bring them back as long as we move away from gold diamond and iron. I really see no point in using them and they have other uses, we need a new currency actually. Instead of MTC which is a bit messed up, but that's for later

That's all I have really, for now
Oh, and bring back the lottery as a credit sink!
Alternative for PZ spawners in case gold gets back as currency:

If we'd disable pigzombies dropping gold ingots/gold nuggets, everything would be fine. People can still use their farms for xp and other drops. No need to set up a buyback system either.

As for the other changes: I like what I see.

Summary: Once SilkSpawners is FULLY operational again, everything will pretty much be the same as it used to be, except for mobfarms now having a limit on the amount of mobs in a chunk.

This counters the ability to AFK near a spawner, then go to the collection point and gain loads of xp/items.

But, it reduces overall server latency issues AND prevents you from having a major FPS drop.

Owners of XP farms, you should focus on getting Blaze XP Farmers. These allow you to stay at the collection/kill point and still cause new spawns.

Before you've killed all blazes, a new load will have spawned already. You still get a very decent amount of xp/minute.

Credits:

These will always overflow here and there. The best solution is to provide as many credit sinks as possible, which staff has been doing (WE for MTC, Playerheads/Staffheads from Adminshop, ...)

If you're that concerned about our economy, the best way to help out would be to suggest reasonable credit sinks to Staff.
I'm not really sure if what i'm about to say is on/off topic here.

I'm really stressed out for the clan i'm mod in, Fuoy. We are about to set up a shop that all the money is going to be donated to the clan itself. But i'm starting to think that the clan Fuoy is going to go broke because of the following:

MTC Economy:
Zionia wrote:
2: Boost Economy - bring costs back up to encourage more competitive and cooperative efforts in the community

3: Bring Back Community - the community used to be very tight knit and supportive. ATM it is a bunch of individuals or small groups just out to one up each other. The sense of belonging to the MT Community is gone and thats what im trying to bring back

4: Stabilize Economy - Find ways to make MTC worth more again and keep the material market at a stable level

I suggest lowering the mtc collection for voting. 2.5k is just a fair bit too much to earn for voting and with people gaining over 100k for this bring back the lottery for an MTC sink. In my opinion for mostly on community MTC shops are just not right. I would really like it if you boost the prices up to actual prices or higher. It's just not a challenge anymore.

I had this idea on creating an semi automatic mob shop and so far it's not going to work because of this. i'm trusting you fully 100+% to get this to work.

P.S. ZP Spawners idea:

i think if you can bring back ZP spawner eggs back and have like a trading system for MTC (Gold > MTC ) instead of diamonds, maybe same price at CS?

~ Parrot <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
Thank you for all your input so far. This has been much less stressful on me now that all the conversation can be focused and isn't a yelling match.

A lot of these ideas are really good options and I will definitely be using some of them.

One thing I did not mention in the OP that I should probably just let out as I forgot to add it to the goals (will edit it in) is that we are looking t move back to a material based economy in the future...that will be another process like this but we aren't going to implement anything for it or worry abou it heavily until 1) this is resolved and balances out, and 2) we plan to wait for 1.5 so that any major changes will not have to be redone again instantly in an attempt to fix everything that breaks every time we update <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> So do keep in mind we plan to shift back to a material based economy. Perhaps we can use different blocks for currency? We decided to hold back on Emeralds for now as we may reintroduce Villager Trading once 1.5 comes out as well so long as they don't mess with the actual trades available so much.

Keep bouncing ideas off each other. I will try to summarize my thoughts on what was said each day so we can continue to play with ideas that we can possibly use to advance the solutions.

Thank you all for being helpful and collected with your responses, it really makes a huge difference in trying to do something this stressful. I will reply later tonight with my thoughts on each suggestion.
Ok two things

As for the shift in economy to a material based one, maybe for the actual block use the unused blocks, the ones that look like soul sand tiles or something?

As for the limiter, I don't like the physics of it. Basically the spawner will keep spawning and auto despawn any excess mobs, this means it stops any fast farm from working as the output is desoawned before it can even be killed. This is a real problem in exp farms like Iggy xp.

Can you make it so no more will spawn after the limit is reached, not that they despawn?
I'm open to new ideas and believe that a compromise can be made. I still believe that the MTC is a great currency to use (for the convenience and ease of use). I also believe that a material based currency can help promote mining. I personally believe that, as a community, we need to discuss ways in which the MTC will not lose its buying power.
In all honesty, I'm happy with the way everything is going right now as far as MTC being the main currency. I think that when you have a switch in currencies or two at the same time, things get pretty messy. This gets even worse when you have both diamonds and gold as material currencies, so I am pretty opposed to that.