Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Factions land map
Started by [E] Grifff

This is a role-play server. Negotiate with the faction, don't complain about how absurd it was. I have decided to do faction maps every few days as a release from the Espero Department of Intelligence. These borders are as recognized by the Government of Espero. You don't have to recognize that map. Just be warned that in most cases, you will be asked to move and if you don't, it will be torn down. Obviously WR has no justice in enforcing this law.
Oh. My apologizes Sawine. I guess Grifff gonna Grifff.

And yes, I suppose what you're saying is true. WR has no justification in claiming that land if someone builds on it. I guess it's alright.
Also, I can't take you seriously when your display pic is unicorns with dicks on their head
jpkoushel wrote:
Also, I can't take you seriously when your display pic is unicorns with dicks on their head

of course you would notice that <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> JK.

slug, can you stop trolling just because "(insert person/occupation here) gonna (insert same person/occupation here)" doesnt mean their...whatever you think they are.
Quote:
This is a role-play server. Negotiate with the faction, don't complain about how absurd it was. I have decided to do faction maps every few days as a release from the Espero Department of Intelligence. These borders are as recognized by the Government of Espero. You don't have to recognize that map. Just be warned that in most cases, you will be asked to move and if you don't, it will be torn down. Obviously WR has no justice in enforcing this law.

In my opinion this is a slippery slope. What determines how much land a single faction can own? member size? or can they arbitrarily choose how much land to own? I'm not hating on the factions, but there are a lot of kids on this server who aren't going to reason about this issue and just chose to be dicks about it.

And once the entire map is parceled out to factions (which is going to happen pretty soon), what happens to the people who want to keep Independence and not have to give up resources/answer to someone?
There is no equation to land size. It all depends on what is appropriate to your faction. The Rebels is clustered into a small area, so even though they are a huge faction, they don't need much land. Espero is almost the same size but much more spread out, and so has more land. Obviously the claim that the WR has made is innappropriate. And the map will continue to grow, so I do not see how finding land is an issue. The more powerful the server becomes, the more land will be allowed to be generated.
If a player is independent, would a faction really mind them on their land? I personally wouldn't really. The land is only really a factions for purposes of warring and building cities on it without running into other factions. Saying a faction owns and controls every square in an economic sense is a bit much, and restricting building to just faction members, completely nuts. That being said, I might be a bit more liberal about this, and its just my personal preference. >>
either way there needs to be at least ground rules about it. If you don't develop or have plans to develop the land you shouldn't be able to claim it.
I agree. People who remain independent of a faction will be allowed to build on Southern's land; however, I would like to be kept aware of who is independent and who is a member of the SE.

Having people ask permission first will allow people who wish to independently build to build away from planned sites of cities and other structures.

Trolls gonna troll. I guess the point is moot already. It's not like Grifff can do anything about someone who decides to build on "his" undeveloped land, nor can any other faction.