Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Disable NPC Trading ?
Started by [E] sawine

If Minetown wasn't so plugin-heavy this wouldn't have been so much of an issue. I think our server has enough easy items that we could live without NPC trading.

- Voting

- Admin Shop

- Bank (Iron becomes diamond lol)

- Staff Spawning

- Kits

You want NPC trading? Suggest one of the new worlds actually contain nearly-vanilla gameplay. Then an addition by Mojang will be less likely to have unintended consequences.
Let's see here... make poll less than 24 hours before massive decision, lead discussion towards disabling it, cite illogical reasons for disabling it, and mute people who are rightful angry about how you're doing thing?

Oh and the "ermaigerd you can make like 600 diamonds in a day using it if you work your ass off, ermaigerd" is NOT a valid argument on a server that has people with zombie pigman farms that produce stacks while they're afking.

If anything, disabling trading will continue to not allow the economy to level out between the established people with said farms and newer people who are trying hard.

Also, as trading was the headline feature of 1.3.1, it will make new players coming to the server from voting sites expecting a modern server leave as soon as they hear what you've done to Mojangs gifts.

In summary: You're dumb if you don't turn it back on.
Deimosian wrote:
Let's see here... make poll less than 24 hours before massive decision, lead discussion towards disabling it, cite illogical reasons for disabling it, and mute people who are rightful angry about how you're doing thing?

Oh and the "ermaigerd you can make like 600 diamonds in a day using it if you work your ass off, ermaigerd" is NOT a valid argument on a server that has people with zombie pigman farms that produce stacks while they're afking.

If anything, disabling trading will continue to not allow the economy to level out between the established people with said farms and newer people who are trying hard.

Also, as trading was the headline feature of 1.3.1, it will make new players coming to the server from voting sites expecting a modern server leave as soon as they hear what you've done to Mojangs gifts.

In summary: You're dumb if you don't turn it back on.

... I like how you take everything to the personal level and hold me responsible for you getting muted.

...Mojang gifts.... you mean making every items of the game turning into no value.

Your attitude and anger is ... disappointing to say the least.

Be happy that we are holding a poll on this and asking for people opinions... how many servers actually do this ?

... If you're unhappy, and think we are "not a modern" server or that "I'm dumb". You're free to go play somewhere else.
I voted to disable.

However, I would enjoy being able to trade/acquire emeralds from the villagers. Is it possible for the server to disable certain trades, while allowing others?
Slurth wrote:
Is it possible for the server to disable certain trades, while allowing others?

Not at the moment, but as we stated multiple times, we will look into tweaking the trades when bukkit allows us to.
Madster wrote:
you are all missing the fact that... without trading(which should be off for now, and tweaked later if possible) the emeralds have NO value, dosn't matter how rare they are, what can you do with them? make a pretty decoration.. Thats about it. So danni dont sell them at the market shop for a high price,when you cant do anything with them, thats like selling torches for 300 credits a torch, but, even then, torches still have more usful aspects then emeralds with trading off.

You are forgetting the fact that emeralds are extremely rare, more so than diamonds. So your torch comparison was an extremely bad argument -_-

Yes they will be extremely good for decorating, I already have a design I want to do with emerald blocks with will mean I need to acquire around 4-5 stacks of emerald blocks.

So you saying they have no value is completely wrong, they currently have no use other than to decorate but they do have a lot of value and when they will now be on high demand because of how rare they are.
Well, it's see here... Yes, you haven't gone the intelligent route of using the new shiny tool mojang has handed you which could hammer your horribly screwed up economy back into shape with. Which multiple people have told you, in detail, how to do it.

So, yes, you're dumb if you don't use it. And yes, I will play elsewhere. And yes, I will occasionally show up and laugh at how screwed up it is because of past mistakes' long term consequences.
Deimosian wrote:
Well, it's see here... Yes, you haven't gone the intelligent route of using the new shiny tool mojang has handed you which could hammer your horribly screwed up economy back into shape with. Which multiple people have told you, in detail, how to do it.

So, yes, you're dumb if you don't use it. And yes, I will play elsewhere. And yes, I will occasionally show up and laugh at how screwed up it is because of past mistakes' long term consequences.

Good. Have fun. You won't be missed.
I AM ANGRY that villager trading was enabled and Thousands of emeralds have been "cheated". Noone will mine them now or buy em for a High price, enough Players Trade ~2500 emeralds. rarity? no.
Nick663 wrote:
I AM ANGRY that villager trading was enabled and Thousands of emeralds have been "cheated". Noone will mine them now or buy em for a High price, enough Players Trade ~2500 emeralds. rarity? no.

There must be like a total of ~4000-5000 emeralds on the server at the moment... I don't think it will ruin everything... Those will get used in building and the quantity will balance out when the map is expanded...