Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Disable NPC Trading ?
Started by [E] sawine

I want to have trading but the economy is very steady right now and we don't need to disrupt it. I voted keep trading on impulse put I am starting to rethink that now.
I believe we should disable it on main, the Economy is finally starting to settle, and introducing the villager trading could throw it right off.

The PVP Server on the other hand... Trading with villagers could be very handy, this could give players an extra chance to get some goodies, and they may not have to mine for a while to get enough diamonds for diamond armour. The rarity of villagers/villages on the PVP server has greatly increased, well uh, a lot of players have blown the villages up.

That's just my opinion.
Just by looking at the trade for EXP Bottles is a bit concerning. Trade chat would definitely be quiet with this affecting Enchanting. And with the chance of trading an Emerald(s) for the Diamond Armor/Etc. would bring deflation (Less value to MTC.) into the Economy at a fast pace. My vote would be to fully remove it, or as you stated, wait until a Bukkit API is released.

Thanks for Reading my Thoughts on the Situation.
I just bought a villager spawer from the CS just for the ability to have villager trading. I don't like the idea of disabling anything in the game. I can see the point in disabling fire spread and mob damage to blocks (and agree with those choices), however I feel the game should be as true to Minecraft as possible. While the economy may take it hit will eventually work its way out.

In the current Minetown economy diamonds are cheaper than they have been some time in the past, while this might not be good news for member which sell diamonds it is good news for members that by for use in tools and such.

In your example the trade for chain-mail armor is rare. Deal also expire after use (or multiple uses).

I know this goes against the protectionist sentiment of many members but I think trading should stay.

CyberDrifter
Expanding on what pokemon said my only argument is not rarity of items while they can be easily obtained using different aspects of minetown but like pokemon says maybe the higher ups of the server could stimulate the emerald amount by adding a certain amount of emeralds at the beginning so there aren't so few emeralds in circulation making them still a valuable commodity but not an ultra-rare item for people to hunt for and only for the elite of mt to have. Soif trading must go find a way to add a concrete amount of emeralds to mix either at the beginning or small amounts implemented throughout time.
all these people are people who have bought or spent money on villager spawners...i have like 6 and you dont hear me complaining. I vote to disable it completely. no need for another source of money to make everything else drop more. or atleast do what krystalin said make them a money sink.
Well there goes my Villager trading town <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> hehe It's ok I figured you might have todo that <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
In my Honest Opinion We've devasted the Villagers so much it's hard to find them besides spawners. Which would mean a market for villager spawners. Then again it would be hard. Let the people exploit it and ruin the already ruined market. 15 MTC for a diamond, blimey.
New idea. Hopefully this will make everyone happy. If not, I tried.

Emeralds have really no use other than decoration and currency, unlike diamonds which can be made into many useful things. If we can somehow adjust the trading to keep emerald at say, the same value as Iron or Lapis the economy won't go downhill as much.

This would mean cutting all trades with items like diamonds, diamond tools/armour, gold, Glowstone, chainmail, enchantment bottle, saddle, iron and iron tools.

By cutting off emerald links to valued items the use for emeralds would go down, causing the value of emeralds to go down. If we don't even include emeralds as a currency, even better.

If I were to rank minerals in value based on rarity, usefulness and supply/demand, emeralds would be low on the list.

Diamond

Iron / Gold (same level since usefulness of iron)

Redstone (advanced circuitry, almolst level of iron but supply > demand)

Lapis (only Can be used as decoration or dye)

Emerald (If nerfed)

Coal (useful but supply is far more than demand)

I'm sure many more servers are thinking about this issue, so I agree that it is likely Bukkit will supply a plugin or Mojang may even edit this feature for multiplayer in vinella. (although the later option isn't as likely)

Kinda losing faith in this thread, so I'm hoping for a verdict that everyone can agree on or at least compromise.
iSoccerplayer wrote:
It will have to be disabled. There are too many loop holes, where someone could, gain a profit, for virtually no work. For Example:

18-21 credits = 18-21 wheat = 1 emerald

1 emerald = 2-3 glowstone = 33 credits

Thats a 15-18 credit profit, from taking advantage of the economy.

iSoccerplayer,

I have to disagree. While there may be a short term gain. What i will happen is that the price of wheat (in this example) will go up to meet the demand.

If stores sell out of items the price of that item will go up. If there is competition from villager trading it will be limited to the life of the deal. This is part of economy 101.

If supply cannot meet demand prices go up, if supply it too great for demand prices go down. This is true unless a third party take action to manipulate the market (which in my estimation is never good).

CyberDrifter