Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Disable NPC Trading ?
Started by [E] sawine

I agree we need to disable the trading system. If the economy crashes again most people who rarely go to the market wont be as affected, but people like me who sell potions for money in Minetown, and other people who use the economy will be severely impacted! My verdict is to disable the trading with Villiagers, even though I have been waiting a loong time for it.
Madster wrote:
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
No, we should enable it. It won't crush the economy too badly. A lot of the valuable trade options are uncommon. Also, emeralds can only be found in the Extreme Hills biome, making them pretty rare, especially since already-generated biomes will not have them and we'd need to extend the world border. The server would significantly lack emeralds without the trading option. However it may be possible for the DEV's to nerf the trading system a bit so it doesn't damage the economy too much.

The economy will fix itself if we give it time. So just chill and enjoy all the cool new features in 1.3.

So, I vote to either keep it or nerf it slightly.

First off. We should not enable it. it WILL crush the economy. With is disabled, it gives it more value, meaning more credits are being thrown around.. Which could lead to players wanting to vote even more for the server to earn credits. If you have not noticed, the economy hasn't been jumping around like it used to. It has been pretty steady. Now, if you add trading with NPC's then that will make the economy will crash. I don't see how that is not clear. Also, with them only being in "Extreme Hills" dosn't mean that the server will significantly lack emeralds. Trust me, there will be players mining emeralds 24/7 when 1.3 hits the server, as well as I would assume that admin shop will be selling them.
PokemonGardevoir wrote:

The economy will fix itself if we give it time.

Somewhat true, and somewhat false. The economy will fix itself if you add emeralds, and no NPC trading. The economy will not fix itself if we add more features to it. People always say "Leave the economy alone" Well.. if we add trading, then it will be changing to much of the economy, to fast. Just adding emeralds to the economy will start fluctuating the prices of other items.

That's really not how I see it, I also feel bad for people like myself who have invested in Villager Spawners just for this, and have added Emerald Blocks to their building blueprints. You could say, dreams crushed?

I've tried mining emeralds in singleplayer and LAN servers and haven't found many at all... Hopefully we'll have more luck on multiplayer, but what if we don't?

But I guess you're right about the credits being more distributed. But there are a lot of other measures going on to limit that as well. Do you think we could be going a bit too strict?

I'd like to keep villager trading in still. I'm seeing more cons to it after reading your posts, but I'd still like to keep it, or even nerf it, because this is one of the things i've been hoping for on Minetown ever since the snapshot came out.
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Madster wrote:
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
No, we should enable it. It won't crush the economy too badly. A lot of the valuable trade options are uncommon. Also, emeralds can only be found in the Extreme Hills biome, making them pretty rare, especially since already-generated biomes will not have them and we'd need to extend the world border. The server would significantly lack emeralds without the trading option. However it may be possible for the DEV's to nerf the trading system a bit so it doesn't damage the economy too much.

The economy will fix itself if we give it time. So just chill and enjoy all the cool new features in 1.3.

So, I vote to either keep it or nerf it slightly.

First off. We should not enable it. it WILL crush the economy. With is disabled, it gives it more value, meaning more credits are being thrown around.. Which could lead to players wanting to vote even more for the server to earn credits. If you have not noticed, the economy hasn't been jumping around like it used to. It has been pretty steady. Now, if you add trading with NPC's then that will make the economy will crash. I don't see how that is not clear. Also, with them only being in "Extreme Hills" dosn't mean that the server will significantly lack emeralds. Trust me, there will be players mining emeralds 24/7 when 1.3 hits the server, as well as I would assume that admin shop will be selling them.
PokemonGardevoir wrote:

The economy will fix itself if we give it time.

Somewhat true, and somewhat false. The economy will fix itself if you add emeralds, and no NPC trading. The economy will not fix itself if we add more features to it. People always say "Leave the economy alone" Well.. if we add trading, then it will be changing to much of the economy, to fast. Just adding emeralds to the economy will start fluctuating the prices of other items.

That's really not how I see it, I also feel bad for people like myself who have invested in Villager Spawners just for this, and have added Emerald Blocks to their building blueprints. You could say, dreams crushed?

Not to be mean here or anything, but you can't really blame the server for you jumping ahead and buying a whole bunch of Villager Spawners, and adding Emerald blocks to ur builds.
PokemonGardevoir wrote:

I've tried mining emeralds in singleplayer and LAN servers and haven't found many at all... Hopefully we'll have more luck on multiplayer, but what if we don't?

But I guess you're right about the credits being more distributed. But there are a lot of other measures going on to limit that as well. Do you think we could be going a bit too strict?

I'd like to keep villager trading in still. I'm seeing more cons to it after reading your posts, but I'd still like to keep it, or even nerf it, because this is one of the things i've been hoping for on Minetown ever since the snapshot came out.

A LAN server is the same as single player.. just with someone else who is on your internet.

As for strictness, no, i don't think its "strict" at all. I think its more of, keeping minetown "on the safe side" as i would say.

As for "nerfing" it, I don't think that would be a wise choice as of right now. I mean, we arn't even pushed to 1.3 yet, so to start even thinking about adding plugins to change 1.3 seems to be far away from where we stand right now. We need to first update, get all situated with plugins. let the server get used to itself again, as well as the players. Then we could start thinking about alternate plugins for that kind of stuff.
Poke i invested in a villager spawner too but that doesnt stop me from saying that we cant have villager trading implented.

It will ruin the economy completely.

Alot stuff would be impossiple to sell.

I think that it should be added to the currency thought, so that it will me possiple to obtain it wihtout mining.

I say add it to the bank and to cs.

I like villager trading, but it doesnt go well with a big server-
I agree with pokemon trading should not be disabled. Emeralds are NOT easy to find i havhe played on 1.3 servers and single players considering they can only be found in Extreme Hills and Extreme Hills Edge Biomes which can be only found on borders of different biomes. Also while Emeralds occur with higher frequency than diamond though not that much higher the fact is that Emeralds do not spawn in veins making it that much harder to find them unlike diamonds where if you find one most likely you find more than one but that is jsut not the case with emeralds because they take 3-8 blocks in a chunk of a extreme hills biome they do not connect so harder to find also without trading emeralds become an extremely rare item. To the discussion of if trading with villagers causing the mt economy to go downhill and i agree with Pokemon the economy would be able to fix itself the economy is not part of a program but more influenced by the people who buy and sell on minetown so im sure the minetownians could make it work and that is why i think trading with npc should be kept.
StealthM23 wrote:
I agree with pokemon trading should not be disabled. Emeralds are NOT easy to find i havhe played on 1.3 servers and single players considering they can only be found in Extreme Hills and Extreme Hills Edge Biomes which can be only found on borders of different biomes. Also while Emeralds occur with higher frequency than diamond though not that much higher the fact is that Emeralds do not spawn in veins making it that much harder to find them unlike diamonds where if you find one most likely you find more than one but that is jsut not the case with emeralds because they take 3-8 blocks in a chunk of a extreme hills biome they do not connect so harder to find also without trading emeralds become an extremely rare item. To the discussion of if trading with villagers causing the mt economy to go downhill and i agree with Pokemon the economy would be able to fix itself the economy is not part of a program but more influenced by the people who buy and sell on minetown so im sure the minetownians could make it work and that is why i think trading with npc should be kept.

you are only looking at the rarity of the emeralds, go back, and read all of the posts on here, there are many more cons to the situation then there are pros. Everyone that want's to keep it say its because its rare. What is wrong with a rare item? I think having a rare item ingame would

1: help the economy because of such high demand/prices for the item

2: make the emeralds worth having, if everyone has them, its boring. Like diamonds, everyone has them, there so common.

There are more reasons, but I don't see it being implemented any time soon on minetown.
It will have to be disabled. There are too many loop holes, where someone could, gain a profit, for virtually no work. For Example:

18-21 credits = 18-21 wheat = 1 emerald

1 emerald = 2-3 glowstone = 33 credits

Thats a 15-18 credit profit, from taking advantage of the economy.
Isoccer and Madster do make good points.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with rare items, but on minetown we have thousands of players. There are some players that are waaayyy rich. And some that are waaayyy poor. Some people who don't have that many diamonds/credits may never get any emeralds at all. Rare is O.K. But it just seems TOO rare.
and another more efficient example would be:

/warp passive = 14-17 uncooked porkshop = an emerald

1 emerald = 2-3 glowstone = 33 credits

Thats a 33 credit profit, from taking advantage of the economy and rons amazing mob trap (lol).
Well we don't need to talk about ron here.... he ruins the economy already with his crazy contraptions.

.... No offence <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>