Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Disable NPC Trading ?
Started by [E] sawine

You could look at NPC trading in 1 of 2 ways: It could either fix our economy, or break it. I have already pointed out some serious issues it would cause, since our economy, and Villager economy are not equal.

But, I also don't think we should rule it out all together. Bukkit will probably (I would be HIGHLY surprised if they didn't) add an API to tap into the NPC's new economy. If we were to adjust the rates properly, and edit the items that are produced, we could boost the economy. A lot of people would be in demand of Emeralds, and if we were to remove trading FOR emeralds, via NPC, we could have the Bank produce Diamond to emerald, and credit to emerald transactions. That way, diamonds are being drained, along side credits.

I could be totally wrong, when it comes to this proposition, but to me, it seems like it could work.
There's the argument that this would destabilise the economy but in all honesty, $10-20 diamonds already did most of that. I think trading chickens for emeralds is a pretty minor problem and could at the very least, be nerfed...
That might work... Currency coverting trades (trades that includes dia/gold/iron) and chain armor would have to be removed thought.
OK, I just want to add one thing, yes i would like it disabled, and btw? Alot of people who are saying "Well they are extremely rare." Yes as that is true.. you are right, but look how easy it is to trade up for an emerald? And there are so many ways u can make profit by not doing anything with the way things are sold with mtc, people would practically be making free money and i dont think alot of people see that...
it awesome the bally useless thing are now useful dont disable them
I have to say, that if we can turn off the ability to trade to villagers for emeralds this could be one of the better things for our economy. Say we have a "villager bank" somewhere in spawn that lets you only get emeralds through buying them with credits or diamonds, it can become a huge money sink in an economy that keeps printing more money. If we also don't expand the world border, so that the only way to get any emeralds is to buy them, and maybe, if we decide a certain amount of emeralds could be traded for emerald ore blocks ( which will be unattainable if we don't expand the world borders ) we can effectively maintain the new feature and it's "ooh shiny" quality while still keeping it from doing anything other than creating a sink via novelty and prestige purchasing. I am sure there will be people wanting some emerald ore to build with so they can show it off, and I'm also sure that the novelty of walking to a villager and buying things like chain-mail armor will make people want to try it out ( at least at first) though i do agree to leave ti completely open will be similar to giving Ron access to a money printing press and telling him to have at it... More so than usual that is...

I am not voting for or against because this method would be doing both, it would be keeping the concept but severely restricting it so that it can't harm and can only help.
I suggested nerfing it or making a plugin to edit the exchanges in my first post on this thread... >.<
Yes, i noticed but i didnt know that bukkit might make it possiple...

EDIT: Its not only needed to change the pricing, but to remove many of he possiple trades. Trading stuff for emeralds would ruin the economy completely. Untill this is possiple there shouldnt be any villager trading.

I actualy thought a while about your idea but i couldnt see any way to do it properly :/

Now this is different <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
If bukkit release an API to tweak the trading, it will be reconsidered.
thats very nice to hear <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>