Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Disable NPC Trading ?
Started by [E] sawine

@ Ron,

That's actually the only reason I want trading, for the emerald blocks XD
I dont agree, i think they should be kept Rare and only obtainable through Mining, so emerald Blocks Continue Beeing Special / rare Build Material. When you Build with it i think it should be something Special.

I can only agree with the Bank Exchange when the Rate is expensive.
Are there any options open other than removing the entire trading function, are there any alternatives ... ?

Can certain items be dropped from the trading function, e.g. armor, glowstone, etc. ?

Im not particularly obsessed with the feature, but if it could easily be modified to remain,

and not totally be a drain on the Minetown market I wouldnt be opposed to it remaining.

Are we assuming here that this is not the case, and that removing it is the only option?

Just some questions, that I think are pertinent. IMHO ... Dim
This can go both ways but i say:

"no trade with villagers, that is good in singleplayer."

I would not even care about exchange and economy matters right now, just let it flow.

And maybe a guest world reset for mining them?
Disable villager trading, its not needed at this moment in time.

Add emeralds and emerald ores to the credit shop for a very high price so players can still obtain them, reset guest world so players can mine there and expand the main world so a few emeralds will appear there.

Remember emeralds are extremely rare, appearing only in extreme hills and 0-2 emeralds per chunk meaning they should be extremely valuable and not something that can be easily obtained unless you pay a high price.
I'm not an economist by any means, but I honestly think that the market should adapt and change with the introduction of villager trading in this current economic situation that MineTown is in. I don't think it'll be a bad thing for the average player when prices could potentially drop and I don't think it'll be a bad thing for business owners when these prices could potentially go up.

*Note: I'm not an economist.
I vote to leave it enabled.

People are forgetting that a villager on minetown is a rare thing.... I have almost never seen an NPC village on the server, and those i have have been destroyed to the point that villagers will not spawn. Pretty much the only way to get a villager is with a spawner, which i have always considered useless until now. Mojang has added a feature to villagers, giving them pretty much their first purpose, so why remove it?

And to those that say that it will crush the economy, the economy is already crushed.
I agree with stealth, I think a lot of the people voting to disable it are people who either don't want emeralds or are rich enough to afford emeralds. For the majority of Minetown enabling it but nerfing it would be a good thing.

Also, as I said in my previous post, Emeralds are only useful for decoration and trading. They aren't like diamonds which can be crafted into high-grade and useful items. If we can eliminate some trading options so emeralds are about the value of Lapis or Redstone it would be a good thing for all classes on minetown and not just those that have lots of money to spend.

Items like diamonds, diamond tools/armour, gold, Glowstone, chainmail, enchantment bottle, saddle, iron and iron tools would have to be cut from the trade options for this to happen. Then the value of emeralds would be more even, instead of all over the place. By cutting off emerald links to valued items emerald value would go down.

If I were to rank minerals in value based on rarity, usefulness and supply/demand, emeralds would be low on the list.

Diamond

Iron / Gold (same level since usefulness of iron)

Redstone (advanced circuitry, almolst level of iron but supply > demand)

Lapis (only Can be used as decoration or dye)

Emerald (If nerfed, can only be used to buy inexpensive things and decoration)

Coal (useful but supply is far more than demand)

I'm sure many more servers are thinking about this issue, so I agree that it is likely Bukkit will supply a plugin or Mojang may even edit this feature for multiplayer in vinella. (although the later option isn't as likely)

What do you all think of this proposal?
you are all missing the fact that... without trading(which should be off for now, and tweaked later if possible) the emeralds have NO value, dosn't matter how rare they are, what can you do with them? make a pretty decoration.. Thats about it. So danni dont sell them at the market shop for a high price,when you cant do anything with them, thats like selling torches for 300 credits a torch, but, even then, torches still have more usful aspects then emeralds with trading off.
I hereby crown Madster the economics master of minetown.