Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Well that was offensive
Started by Unknown User

Agreed Ire, This would solve many issues, if implemented.
That will not work. Every case is different. We already have guidelines, some staff just prefer to use ban instead of mute.
Irethena wrote:
Like say, if you do _________, you get _________. (duper, permaban.....slight grief, jailtime.....ban appeal posting, jail for an hour)

That sort of thing. That way there's no need for peanut gallery input on bans (meaning people are saying oh they did this but this person did this and got a different punishment)

That would be absolutely amazing Irethena. I think it would make the populous of the server, as a whole, more secure in their trust of the staff since they wouldn't be relying on the mood or temperment of a particular mod or admin anymore, but instead a concrete set of cause and effects.
May I also suggest that the curse censors be made more official. Sometimes people say things on chat like 'Fck' and 'SHT' and everything is fine. However i got in trouble yesterday and jailed twice, at 2 different times, the first for saying 'Genitals' and second for saying 'Ass' and neither in a hostile manner.

Now, if these words are not meant to be said then why are they not on the curse censor.

In Minetown we have gimpcages, mods having '<Insert name here>'s Gimp as prefixes occassionaly, there is a mod with an Adolf Hitler skin, and much much more. How can you expect us to not think 'ass' or 'genitals' is a bad thing to say because of 'younger members' when ALL of this stuff are things in our Server that we see regularly.

I find it very hypocritical
Yay my suggestion being....suggested!
It's just a suggestion. I'm discussing it with a few other staff members and they seem to like the idea....who knows maybe it will be implemented. Ultimately though, it would be up to Sawine.
Implementing a solid crime and punishment system sounds like a brilliant idea.
Coffeey wrote:
May I also suggest that the curse censors be made more official. Sometimes people say things on chat like 'Fck' and 'SHT' and everything is fine. However i got in trouble yesterday and jailed twice, at 2 different times, the first for saying 'Genitals' and second for saying 'Ass' and neither in a hostile manner.

Now, if these words are not meant to be said then why are they not on the curse censor.

In Minetown we have gimpcages, mods having '<Insert name here>'s Gimp as prefixes occassionaly, there is a mod with an Adolf Hitler skin, and much much more. How can you expect us to not think 'ass' or 'genitals' is a bad thing to say because of 'younger members' when ALL of this stuff are things in our Server that we see regularly.

I find it very hypocritical

You inappropriately asked a mod how their genitals were, and were spamming "ass" in chat. You kinda crossed the line of being trolly, hence you were jailed (from my understanding).

The gimp names stopped a long time ago.

As for the Adolf Hitler skin...just because there's a mustache, doesn't mean it's that historical figure. However, if I see someone with a swastika skin, they're getting kicked, asked to change it, and if they refuse, a ban until they change their skin.
OkiFool66 wrote:
That will not work. Every case is different. We already have guidelines, some staff just prefer to use ban instead of mute.

While yes, every case is different, the current guidelines have obviously failed. Your own comment is the proof. You just told us that there is an offence for which you can receive either a mute or a BAN based on the staff member's PREFERENCE. I believe that any set of concrete if/then's would probably have to include conditionals for severity and the like...but to ban someone where a mute would suffice...that's just cruel.
"You inappropriately asked a mod how their genitals were."

LOLOLOL! And theres the quote of the year right there