Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Well that was offensive
Started by Unknown User

The staff have ironed out out the rules, due to security issues of players knowing what the punishment would be for a particular crime and doing it. Because they know that they would only get a slap on the wrist or a temp ban for it. we have decided to not show the rules to the general populace.

Ps: the rough draft that was shown earlier has been heavily modified and will not be relevant.
sayomie wrote:
The staff have ironed out out the rules, Due to security issues of players knowing what the punishment would be for a particular crime and doing it because they know that they would only get a slap on the wrist or a temp ban for it.

I strongly disagree with not publishing it.

"There are rules, you brake them, there are consequences"

Define the rules, define the consequences just like in life.

The consequences ARE the deterrence.

I know that I can speed in my car. If i'm caught, all I have to do is pay a fine, and my car insurance goes up. If I do it too many times, I get my license revoked. If I STILL continue to do it, I go to jail.

Rule: Drive the posted speed limit.

First Offense: $x.

Second Offense: More $x

Third Offense: Ability to drive taken away.

Forth Offense: Go to jail, do not pass Go.

Same thing, if people do it, they may get a small first time punishment. But if they do it again, they get slapped MUCH harder.
While I can see your point we do not want players doing something that only gets them a temp ban because they know that if they get caught doing it they will only get a temp ban. Also you have to remember that there is a lot of things that have to be taken into consideration when we punish players. For example a player who has been punished for a completely different crime would be dealt with differently then a player who is a first time offender. Also a player who is rude to everyone will be dealt with differently then a player who is polite.
sayomie wrote:
While I can see your point we do not want players doing something that only gets them a temp ban because they know that if they get caught doing it they will only get a temp ban. Also you have to remember that there is a lot of things that have to be taken into consideration when we punish players. For example a player who has been punished for a completely different crime would be dealt with differently then a player who is a first time offender. Also a player who is rude to everyone will be dealt with differently then a player who is polite.

But does beign rude or polite really helps with the problem if a person griefed or stole something?
Sayomie,

keeping the new guidelines private is understandable.

I hope that the guidelines will be followed through to give members a sense of consistency and fairness following judgement.

Members shouldn't be left to police the police.
ikailaz wrote:
sayomie wrote:

But does beign rude or polite really helps with the problem if a person griefed or stole something?

In some players cases, what started out as a temp ban for griefing turned into perma because of the amount of disrespect shown to staff in their ban appeals.

So yes, it does make a difference.
sayomie wrote:

My analogy still hold's true,

If you're rude to a police officer who is pulling you over, you have a MUCH higher chance of him writing you a ticket, vs him giving you a warning. It is up to him to give you the ticket or not, however it is up to the judge to execute the punishment.

Plus, you could always ADD to it. Meaning if someone was disrespectful to someone and then was ALSO disrespectful to a Mod when the Mod confronted him, that's two separate infractions and should be treated as such.
Irethena wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
sayomie wrote:

In some players cases, what started out as a temp ban for griefing turned into perma because of the amount of disrespect shown to staff in their ban appeals.

So yes, it does make a difference.

that is true but what i meant whas

If a player goes on polite in game

Or rude ingame

in appeals i saw several ppl getting perm banned for disrespecting

I do agree with that
Should a player who has never done anything before steals something then apologies returns the items and promises to never do it again, be treated the same as one who steals the exact same thing and then complains about it for and is rude to the staff and the player he stole from be treated the same?

Staff still need some leeway when dealing with players and do not need the guidelines that are given to them being slapped in their faces by players who do not have all the information in a situation. I am not saying that you would do this but it would happen. If you want to compare this to real life when a person commits a crime there is not always a set punishment for the crime but it is decided by a judge. That judge will have leeway and a set off guidelines to go by which is what we are doing.
ikailaz wrote:
that is true but what i meant whas

If a player goes on polite in game

Or rude ingame

in appeals i saw several ppl getting perm banned for disrespecting

I do agree with that.

In the rules it clearly states that disrespect towards the staff who volunteer their time to help moderate this community is not acceptable.