Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Pvp in the end - has it gone too far?
Started by [E] nicilbar

I think that sounds like a good compromise.
Hm... How can we get the staff to look at this? Should I message Sawine? Don't want to annoy him...
I dont think there is any problem with pvp in the end or nether. There is hardly anyone ever there either. all u have to do if theere is someone there is to run to an isolated area and mine there. The end and nether will always be lawless anways so what difference does it make
nicilbar wrote:
Hm... How can we get the staff to look at this? Should I message Sawine? Don't want to annoy him...

A thread that has the title: ATTENTION ADMINS maybe?
Coffeey wrote:
I dont think there is any problem with pvp in the end or nether. There is hardly anyone ever there either. all u have to do if theere is someone there is to run to an isolated area and mine there. The end and nether will always be lawless anways so what difference does it make

Remember, this is mainly focusing on the end PVP issues. Also, it's very hard to just run away if people are standing at the spawn point waiting to throw potions at anyone who is trying to enter the nether or end. And it's very hard to find an isolated area in the end. I've tried that one. It's too small plus there are often people chasing after you with diamond swords and throwing potions it the ground you're running on.
I miss the old end- If we can't have the option of pvp off, we should have 2 ends- one with pvp and one without. Pvp is fun, but not all the time. forced pvp is a little much. I vote we should have pvp allowed but be able to turn it off

But i know why it was blocked. People abused glitches, by bombing and shooting when they had pvp off.
nicilbar wrote:
Hmm. My overall verdict is that PVP should be limited in the end AND nether. I think it should be in both of these worlds though, but there should be spawn protections for both of them, fo that the non PVP players can get in without being killed. The reason for this is that they are meant to be 'fronteir' worlds. Especially the nether, which is kind of like hell. And the end has been made basically to fight the enderdragon in! A boss mob! I mean, as everyone has been saying, WAR WORLD is there especially for wars and PVP. If players could keep their normal inventory when entering war world, it would be helpful. That way players don't have to scavenge and come at a disadvantage to other players, plus some items are impossible to find in WW, like reeds to make a book to have an enchanting table, so they could be used as well, taken from the normal world. It'd also be cool to tweak WW a bit and import buildings into it, not just the same empty buildings day after day after day <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>. Sawine could even import some of the well known places like the spawn market for people to fight in, without the shop chests of course though. Does everyone agree with this idea? Not saying it's set in stone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> The staff have the final decision, of course.

-Nicilbar-

Totally support your warworld idea!
nicilbar wrote:
Coffeey wrote:

Remember, this is mainly focusing on the end PVP issues. Also, it's very hard to just run away if people are standing at the spawn point waiting to throw potions at anyone who is trying to enter the nether or end. And it's very hard to find an isolated area in the end. I've tried that one. It's too small plus there are often people chasing after you with diamond swords and throwing potions it the ground you're running on.

Yeah in the nether- its easy. There are different portals with different spawns and its so big! The end is so freaking small- i can walk around the border and be back at spawn in 2 minuites!
Pokemon, I don't think PVP commands have been disabled, as far as I know it's a Bukkit issue.
Just warped to the end. You know who I saw there looking menacing with a sword pointed at me?

Nobody.

It's not the wasteland murder hole you guys are making it out to be.

Edit: To illustrate my point I've now broken 1 and a half diamond picks mining endstone. Nobody has challenged me, when I talk in local nobody hears me.

Edit 2: Now broken my third diamond pick (one was half used) I'm sitting at right about 50 stacks of endstone gathered.

I know I'm going to get some down votes from this post, but that's okay. If you downvote this and you think the End is super dangerous you should reevaluate your position.