Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Pvp in the end - has it gone too far?
Started by [E] nicilbar

I stopped going to the End and the nether, For these reasons...Altho this puts a big hault in my projects...Ill wait until enoguh people complain and something is done...Honestly, I dont care if 1 place is pvp, but hell, not both...let us non pvp'rs explore atleats 1 other world...
You guys are all assuming that both Nether and End are always full of people. I just went to the End, you know who I saw? Nobody. Just went to the Nether, you know who I saw? Nobody.

Just don't go to try and do any exploring or mining when people are advertising fights for money. Or, just warp in, if you see people, warp out, come back in 30 minutes.

It really is that easy.
Slurth wrote:
You guys are all assuming that both Nether and End are always full of people. I just went to the End, you know who I saw? Nobody. Just went to the Nether, you know who I saw? Nobody.

Just don't go to try and do any exploring or mining when people are advertising fights for money. Or, just warp in, if you see people, warp out, come back in 30 minutes.

It really is that easy.

Not really as "Easy" as you think i is...Like for me, My work scedule blows...So while I can use forums, I can not log in and farm in the end or nether without anyone being there...When I do log on Its during prime time. And when its prime time, EVery time ive gone in the end its been the same effect...Spawn in, see atleast 5 people running towards me and /home

So while you might have the luck of entering and not being bombarded, some of us my friend, do not.
Im sure that it's as good fighting in the war world as it is in the end. So why not go there? Just wondering.
I dont really see any reason for pvp in the end or nether. It takes a lot away from the game when you cant even go to these places to mine because you cant get past the spawn. If the so-called pvpers actually wanted to pvp as opposed to ambushing unsuspecting players to get their stuff they could go to war world. I mean, it is called that for a reason isn't it?
A lot of people don't want to go to 'fun world' to have fun.. They want to have fun and invent fun in places of their choosing.

If I'm not mistaken war world has a magic plugin (never been, only read about) That seems lame to me and I don't want to fight with magic missiles coming at me.

I imagine others feel the same.
If you want to go there and mine be ready to defend yourself! Like slurth Said There is alot of times where there is no one in the end!
I can understand that, but spawn camping people that just want to mine can hardly be called pvp, and in my opinion, is the same kind of "fun" as griefing someones house or anything else.
Hmm. My overall verdict is that PVP should be limited in the end AND nether. I think it should be in both of these worlds though, but there should be spawn protections for both of them, fo that the non PVP players can get in without being killed. The reason for this is that they are meant to be 'fronteir' worlds. Especially the nether, which is kind of like hell. And the end has been made basically to fight the enderdragon in! A boss mob! I mean, as everyone has been saying, WAR WORLD is there especially for wars and PVP. If players could keep their normal inventory when entering war world, it would be helpful. That way players don't have to scavenge and come at a disadvantage to other players, plus some items are impossible to find in WW, like reeds to make a book to have an enchanting table, so they could be used as well, taken from the normal world. It'd also be cool to tweak WW a bit and import buildings into it, not just the same empty buildings day after day after day <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>. Sawine could even import some of the well known places like the spawn market for people to fight in, without the shop chests of course though. Does everyone agree with this idea? Not saying it's set in stone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> The staff have the final decision, of course.

-Nicilbar-
I agree with that idea nicilbar <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>