Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] VAULTS?!
Started by [E] Eissaye

If a pawn shop buys an item, then later finds out it was stolen, the pawn shop loses that item and takes the loss.
GearElite227 wrote:
Guys the reason those apples were there as well is because I came across a guy who was spawning who died

and I picked up his stuff on accident and saw them. I gave them to Cryston for being a nice and loyal player. Also the gold and diamond were on that guys so i decided to give cryston a present.

The spawn'd items weren't legit, so they had to be taken away.

Also, Sawine obviously (because he said so) has left cryston with much more than anyone else would get, so cryston hasn't exactly been that screwed over it seems.

/end of story.
well sawine spawned.

/pretending to be a troll
Thanks for the support guys. Honestly most of the diamond and gold were going to leave the market anyways as i'd like my personal level of the sphere to have a lightstone floor. The price of that is 1 gold per lightstone and I would have been broke afterwards or be paying it to sphere helpers. I am a responsible and dedicated player and while sawine thinks these EVIL (I mean supposedly duped) BLOCKS must be destroyed. I haven't abused the wealth. i have occasionally gloated, have never used it except for an occasional buying of glass, and I have been one of the most devoted to the server. With the sphere I can't reallly leave (or it would be a humongous incomplete structure on the map), though if this is how i'm treated for saving my money I would have uprooted.

I propose the blocks leave me, because I don't think sawine would allow otherwise, and that instead this count as fees on me for the great assistance cody and other admins have given me with their more elite powers. The blocks will be gone and while it's not really helping the admins any it makes sense considering what has been done for me to help. I hope this also will cover the tragic discovery that my sphere is still going to hit height limit about 10 blocks before completion because i did not recount the sphere site before construction.

This seems like a good compromise so that Sawine's economy is safe. I pay for the kindness done for me by both cody and other admins and the sphere can continue as planned.

please lay this thread to rest as it is cody's final decision on the results.
So every1 is happy now.

No needs to get over bigger arguments.
Here are my thoughts on this. I think that what sawine did was right. When I find any items that have been duped I delete them. Cryston should have known that the diamonds were not legit and should have reported them and had them deleted. Buying duped items from someone and using them is just as bad as duping them yourself. Sawine was generous and let cryston keep more than enough diamonds which is more than anyone else has in the server. Sawine is not the bad guy in this, he was doing the right thing. Duped items are duped items and they are not legal in this server.
Ok. I've heard just about enough of this. Cryston worked hard to farm materials to trade for these blocks. duped or not. They are his, he cannot be blamed for it. He paid good and large amounts of materials to get these, and there is no reason for them to be taken away. Flip, you can stop kiss assing right now. Dan was not trolling, Dan was in fact very very correct. Cryston has been here longer than I, which is something that few can vouch for, besides guys like gear and drupe and griff. Very few indeed. He has been dedicated to minetown since nearly the beginning, and his sphere will take ages to finish without those materials now. Sawine, while I respect your authority, and Cody, I understand your feelings toward this, Cryston did in fact pay for them, they belong to him, he is not trading them. He is using them on his sphere more than likely. It wouldn't ruin the economy whatsoever, because he isn't giving people blocks or ingots or gems for free or anything. He is just using them to build. No harm done, nothing was destroyed. As to cody's comment that he should have known and had them destroyed, guys like xil and ninja found diamonds in bunches. Like, I remember ninja finding around 37 in an hour or some crazy stuff like that. Cryston may have had doubts about it, but in all honesty it isn't hard to believe someone has a lot of diamonds. In my opinion, sawine was wrong to take them away, despite being duped.

End wall of text.
There are things you are assuming Cody that i think you should reevaluate: That these are duped blocks in any way whatsoever, I have extensive mines under my old home as well as trading extensively. as far as traders being dupers, cody these trades were not on the scale to arouse suspicion i'm talking about maybe a stack of diamond occasionally or the condensed block equivalent these were long term members of the server to which i sold obsidian that i put large amounts of time into getting. I have found that much many times before and i didn't think it that suspicious considering i had more than that through my own mining. That sawine is going to be able to tell what blocks are duped and therefore make the right decision. While it requires time commitment, All of these values are not out of reach especially when I've been here since day one the first weeks of it i dug the labrinth under my old home while larogue was making the tunnels for his group. The Iron btw, wasn't even traded for. I have found all that iron ON MY OWN and considering i am approaching another stack of iron blocks with my recent mining shows just how common iron is.

i may also point out that this money was refunded to me after i was stolen from in my pre-vault days and even if the recent donations by gear are to be deleted i should be left with at least the amount that i had before when i was still living at my small cave/ farm. I understand there's a WOW factor about seeing that much money but it's merely a result of large amounts of time playing the game. I understand you have to have a hard line stance against dupers but those who are under suspicion for trading with dupers is taking it a bit far or everyone i trade with should have their assets examined and diminished as well to remove these supposedly duped blocks out of the world.
Draednar wrote:
Ok. I've heard just about enough of this. Cryston worked hard to farm materials to trade for these blocks. duped or not. They are his, he cannot be blamed for it. He paid good and large amounts of materials to get these, and there is no reason for them to be taken away. Flip, you can stop kiss assing right now. Dan was not trolling, Dan was in fact very very correct. Cryston has been here longer than I, which is something that few can vouch for, besides guys like gear and drupe and griff. Very few indeed. He has been dedicated to minetown since nearly the beginning, and his sphere will take ages to finish without those materials now. Sawine, while I respect your authority, and Cody, I understand your feelings toward this, Cryston did in fact pay for them, they belong to him, he is not trading them. He is using them on his sphere more than likely. It wouldn't ruin the economy whatsoever, because he isn't giving people blocks or ingots or gems for free or anything. He is just using them to build. No harm done, nothing was destroyed. As to cody's comment that he should have known and had them destroyed, guys like xil and ninja found diamonds in bunches. Like, I remember ninja finding around 37 in an hour or some crazy stuff like that. Cryston may have had doubts about it, but in all honesty it isn't hard to believe someone has a lot of diamonds. In my opinion, sawine was wrong to take them away, despite being duped.

End wall of text.

draednar, you want to shut up yet? cryston asked for the thread to end and you still are argueing. very child like on your part.
He just posted again dumbass...
drae lay off. People please just stop bickering over this and put your effort into constructing new marvels for minetown

LET THE THREAD DIE!