Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Factions land map
Started by [E] Grifff

But most people are condensed into one area.

The towns are there, and there are shops, but most are in one city.

~SN
If we were to change our land claim, we would have to replan. In the areas outside of the cities, we currently have an area being prepared for a fourth city, a tree farm, roads (space between cities), forts, farms, and minecart tracks. Metropolis is also expanding quickly due to its free housing.
Many of these factions, such as mine, have not had a chance to grow. Being established just prior to the temporary loss of the world cut off building for newer factions.

Most people have wanted to join a faction with already fully established cities, and thus most people have ignored the developing factions, allowing for almost a week of recruiting for nations with established cities.

As minetown grows, it can be expected that other factions will grow as well, and limiting the ammount of land a faction may claim simply holds them back from further expansion.

On a related note, the more land factions take, the less factions there can be. Once no more factions can fit into the map, people will be forced to join existing ones, as opposed to having everyone creating their own, so no faction has any people or power.

This is the way it works in the real world. You find land, and claim it. No one told Spain they were claiming too much in the New World, except for Portugal, and they still got screwed over by the line of demarcation. The way I see it, if you find it, you can build on it, and once you've built, you can keep, as long as you have intent to build upon other areas.

Also, not all people will want to build in established towns. Having room between cities in your nation allows for the construction of private homes and structures between cities.

Southern might be persuaded to cut off part of our land, but seeing as no one else is in the South, there seems to be no reason. Besides, if we've built on our continent and have to cut land out, then WR (With 5 continents) should have to cut out some of theirs as well.

I have no intention on claiming more land, UNLESS a developed city nearby us joins us. This is why Espero has claimed more land. There is a city there that asked to join us. As soon as I have the full list of names, they will be on the Espero thread.
You're right Sawine, we are going about this all wrong. The only things anyone rightfully can claim are their structures and land very close to their structures. Everything else should be common area. However, I'm not sure how to handle where people can build new cities; while factions want to stay contiguous, new cities might make this impossible..
sawine wrote:
Hey...

Ok seriously, as i see this thread growing, I think it should be fixed out before it goes too far.

You guys are claiming way too much land. We are like nearly 300 players, with maybe 40 actives for the moment, and you guys are claiming the whole world all at you 9

The size i claimed for the rebels is even too big for us, and we are 30 members !

I think this thread should be remade from the beginning and with a maximum size per players per factions.

And grifff, wth 1/3 of the map !?

What do you guys think ?

well ive actually build on all but one of the contenents i claim, and anyways, if new factions wanted to be formed it wouldnt be hard for them to buy owned land.

Why dont you listen to me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> Ateam excists. Ateam is placed on the left side of rebels and spawn. If you zoom in you can see some buildings and one of 'em haz a big A
Bu i'll may build a new Ateam to the right of espero and oktavarian
I agree with griff and also if people want land to build on they should be more active and claim the land while its still unclaimed or they could just join factions already made and not make a completely new faction that no one will join.
for example, no one has joined WR in ages, i dont know why people dont want in on some land