Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Moderator Applications
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

My application for being a Minetown administrator.

In game name: ShadowFlameX_X

Age: 12, I know I'm young but I believe that I could have a lot of potential of being a Minetown administrator.

Timezone: Western Standard Time (WST)

Average amount of hours played on Minetown a day: On weekdays, about four hours. Weekends, maybe 16 hours.

How long have you been on the Minetown server: May 21, 2012

Any close friends that play Minetown?: Arryhay, BNKirby, and DeathTheKid81122

Have you ever been banned from a server: Nope.

Do you have any experience with a server administration?: Yes, I have hosted many servers for my friends and I. I've been an admin on about four other servers my friends host.

Have you spoken on Minetown Mumble?: Nope.

Why do you think you'd be a good Minetown administrator?: I have hosted many servers, I'm helpful to other players, I'm friendly and I love to help new players, both great and small. I don't solve problems with brute force, I would only use any force when needed. I can get frustrated quickly, (depends on the problem) I will not for sure be leaving that often. I might not be on for family trips, school, etc. I'm currently a student in middle school. I don't get into fights. I am nice, friendly, and I love to make new friends.

Additional info?: Nothing really. Except for the fact I hate griefing, that's because I've hosted servers that have been griefed and it's extremely annoying. I am currently learning Swedish, (I don't know much) I have very little experience with scripting, I know some Javascript, and LUA. Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Thanks, ShadowFlameX_X
1. Minecraft Ingame Name:

DeeQue

2. Age:

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

CST

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average):

I'd say around 5+ hours a day so 35 ish hours a week

5. How long have you been in MineTown:

June 8th 2012 (Almost a year and a half)

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?:

MattGehring, Leogt123, Luggious, Million_acers, Gotmilk, (I'm really blanking here) Nemenix, Sydney, Neil, (there are so many more it would take me a while to write them all down)

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

Nope

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?:

I'm a Helper on Minetown <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> and I have also adminned on another server

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?:

I have yes, but I do not have it anymore but if you need me Skype me (DeeQue123456) <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain:

Well I feel like I'm a good leader and helper and I just love to make people's problems go away. (And I love my staff <3)

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

Not much just that I'm not going to be as active over the summer because I'll be getting a job but I will still try to be on almost every day.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name:

Alderscroft

2. Age:

I am 16 years of age.

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

Pacific Standard

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average):

It honestly depends, I sometimes just can't get on so I'm not exactly sure :/ I would guess up to 5 hours on a good week.

5. How long have you been in MineTown:

Since March 4th, 2012. I joined on my birthday <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I thought it was a good gift when I got the 1 year.

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?:

I don't know if they still consider me even a friend but I consider DanniDorrito, leogt123, and CytoCraft friends, I don't know if any others are still on MT, or their usernames exactly :/.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

If I was it wasn't my fault, I swear upon my deceased father (I don't swear on anything else because it doesn't seem real to me).

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?:

I've attempted three times for a staff position on different servers and have been denied the chance to even get an idea... but I can be a quick learner if I'm not tired and haven't had coffee.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?:

I haven't, I prefer Skype and it's easier to catch me through it. I also can't put anything else on my computer and have it run without something breaking.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain:

I like helping people with their problems and I think it's fun. I can't really explain it, helping people is one of my favorite things. (If I say anything else I will rant about off topic things...)

School is one of my main issues with getting on but once the school year's over I should be on more often, as long as I don't get grounded. I also plan on being on more because literally every other server is boring, not even Divine RPG is fun anymore, not when people give you the things you need and it becomes too easy.

Sorry this isn't much but I did attempt like 6-8 months ago to get a position and was quite violently shot down about being 15. I can get on more but I just have more important family related things that I have to do first.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: adz0704

2. Age: 18

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): It being summer, I have around 60 or 70 hours a week I COULD be on MT. Actual figure would lean towards the fifties.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Just over a year and a half, I believe.

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Closest friends would be Zio/Zariena, Neil, Leo, Nemenix, ryanblm, Stathve, Hagan, and lostbit. I get on reasonably well with Hunterkiller47 and Cryston, and the Event trio.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Nope, although I can tell Neil is dying for an excuse to.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: Indeed I do! For a period of two or three months I worked with ryanblm on his server, including drastically improving spawns, keeping troublemakers under control or away (through use of verbal and physical warning), managing staff ranked below me and co-ordinating them for events during player recruitment drives not to mention designing area for guests to have fun (including a labyrinthine maze and a trampoline based platformer, the latter being extremely popular) designed to get them interested in the server.

I also managed bans and appeals, not to mention staff applications, and helped the newer players out with the rules and the like, behaving maturely as the situation demanded, but also applying an informal manner so as to not appear intimidating.

I am also rather adept with WorldEdit, such as generating complex structures with a single command, forming polygonal regions, as well as being well versed in the more common actions such as copying, pasting, flipping, etc.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: Yes! Up until about a month ago I had been unable to join Mumble whatsoever, but am now able to join at many times if the need arises, although not always able to talk, I can listen/type messages. At about 11pm GMT onwards, I'm free to talk. I would, however, prefer to use Skype or Teamspeak where possible.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: Apart from my previous experience, I think I'd make a good Moderator as over the course of my time here I've managed to not only see the sort of situations staff have to deal with (mostly unruly players or confused new guests) but have also dealt with some myself, including such things as politely reminding rule breakers of their infringements, handling extremely aggressive players who do nothing but keep up a stream of abuse, and especially I have had a lot of experience helping other players out - most notably on Skyblock when it was in it's prime, or helping players on Main solve redstone issues.

I also involve myself with the community often, inviting people to have fun in various events I set up or watching/helping others build. I am very familiar with the PE system, and I do in fact ENJOY helping others - knowing that I have solved a persons' problem gives me a real sense of achievement.

Additionally I am on a lot of the time, which would give me a greater ability to moderate as much as possible. I feel that in this situation I could help seal a gap in the staff ranks, as it's often only Neil or Leo on, and troublemakers or people with pressing problems can pop up at any time.

It could also be noted that I was selected to be a prefect in my school.

Not only this, but I have masses of free time, which although is currently devoted to forum browsing, tinkering with redstone and creating events, I feel could be better spent resolving PE's and the like.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I feel that having been around so long, and pushing most servers to the extent of their entertainment (having played extensively in Main, PvP, and Skyblock), that nowadays all I can do is experiment with redstone, and chat to other players. Some players may note my sarcastic tone, but that only being applied for humour purposes. As stated above, and as ryanblm can attest to, during duty I am the epitome of professionalism, and modesty of course.

Another thing that could be brought up would be my extended breaks. These are mainly caused by the aforementioned feeling of completionism, and I can assure you that with the new duties to keep me busy, these breaks would be few and far between.

- Adam, adz0704, & Adele
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: Killerqueen125

2. Age: 16

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): 49 hours

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Since January 2013

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Eric_Ma, Cytocraft, Jared, Matt, ipwnin3d and many more

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Nope

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: Nope

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: No, but I can get it.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I think this position will be a great fit for me because I am very friendly and active on minetown. I am very helpful when it comes to people asking questions and I am just a great person to be around! I am a people person and easily make friends. With my great people skills I am great at solving issues! Meaning I have great common sense and I am very smart. I am also very hardworking meaning I can do several jobs at once.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I just hope you will consider me for this position as I believe and many others believe it fits me best. Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: bornc0nfused

2. Age: 17

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): est

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): 32

5. How long have you been in MineTown: around a year or more

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: no but i get along with everyone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: N/A

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: yes ive owned a couple of servers.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: no

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I think i would since I am able to listen and then judge a situation and would have no biasses to anyone even if they where my friend since i know everyone can make mistakes

1. Minecraft Ingame Name: GTLtheLoneWolf

2. Age: 15 and 6 months

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern Standard Time

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): Probably at most 7 to 8 hours a day, what with school and all, will probably be around 11 - 12 by the time summer rolls around.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Can't remember exactly as last year was a bit of a blur, but I'd say early August if not late July of 2012.

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: WolfFlame4790, Lady_Karma, StarFox119, Azula98, Tman_103, and various others who's names contain numbers I cannot remember off the top of my head.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Nope, not once.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: Yes. I administrated/moderated a Minecraft server from roughly March 2011 to January 2012 , managing to become the Head Moderator up until the server was shut down in 2012 due to funding issues.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: I used to, but had to go on a hiatus from the computer for a while, and haven't really spoken much since. Have attempted to join on various occasions but no one seems to be on.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I believe I will make a good moderator as I think I will be able to put enough time and energy to this server, so that I may better it in anyway that I can, and to make sure that everyone is following the rules, so that we can all have a pleasant time playing on Minetown's servers.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am in my schools Accelerated Program, meaning I get to take classes above my grade level . I am also a budding Chemist. I've always been interested in that field of science.
Deleted.
1. Minecraft in game name: ninja19705

2. Age

3. Timezone(please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Pacific Time Zone.

4. hours per weak: about 24 hours now

5. how long have you been in Minetown: a long time about 6-8 months

6. any close freinds that play minetown: yes my freind Sir_Pineapples (who I know in real life)

7. have you ever been banned before: NO

8. Do you have any previous or current experience?: yes on this one server I was a admin on one server but they didnt get enough donaters so its closed now

9. have you ever spoken much on minetown Mumble?: I would if I new the IP

10. why do you think you would be a good Moderator on Minetown Explain: I have been admin on other servers they say im a good admin/mod and I help lost players. I'm a member on the server the server is fun and i enjoy it.

11. additional info you would like to let us know: I'm 15 iv played minecraft for about 6 years I look in chat alot I know when to ban people and when to not when to mute people when to not I think I would be a great staff member.

please read
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: Gashll

2. Age: 27

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): 15

5. How long have you been in MineTown: 3 months

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: DarkAngel, jc199710, HunterKiller

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: nope never

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: no

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: on it everyday <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: well I just want to help out in anyway I can

and join the team that makes this great server run. I enjoy playing on this server a lot so I figure id help out and help others enjoy the servers as much as I do

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have been a MOD in different games such as WoW private servers I know the job

minecraft is a lil different as far as commands go but I think I can help out greatly