Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Level reset on the pvp-server
Started by [E] 8x8johan

DanniDorrito wrote:

Also pussyfoot is not a common slang and it was assumed to be swearing since its spelling signifies that.

Pussyfooting isn't uncommon, it basically means treading warily
ⓩⓐⓚ ⓓⓐⓝⓚ wrote:

Pussyfooting isn't uncommon, it basically means treading warily

It's not a common one either... anyway... let's not pussyfoot the thread on that.
TPrezzle wrote:

The reason I say this now is that this issue IS being pussyfooted about. You can't have a halfway mentality about the plugin. It should either stay and keep levels, or be removed altogether.

This isn't about appeasing new players. It's not that people don't care about them, they'll see it as a challenge. People with stats in excess of 200 or so will get really upset when they get removed. That's a lot of people.

I don't see how I'm pussyfooting anything here... my reply was on topic and related. Where is it written that you can't have a halfway mentality ? Where is the balance in getting one/two hitted to death by someone maxed out ?

If I'd get pwned this way, my reaction wouldn't be "eff yeah, I'll grind my life to death to beat this guy", I'd rather hit the X and find a more balanced place to play. Some people might see it as a challenge..others as unbalance.
TPrezzle wrote:
I've tried that Sawine. The amount of times I have been asked to stop by staff after constructively criticising is ridiculous.

I'm sure it amounts in billions...
Even if you don't reset the server skills people will come. Now, the main argument is that they won't stay because us "experienced players" will spawn kill them. Really? You really think I don't have people in diamond gear to kill? Whatever. That doesn't matter. Sure, people will come and stay, but they will get irritated once they've got their skills up and then there's another reset. Then they'll quit too!

You see, if you just leave the plugin alone or remove it totally and nobody will go because there is either no reset so no slavery to get skills back up or no plugin to whine about. You're sacraficing new players who will check out the server ONCE and go offline for people who will play until the server goes down and if you want that then FINE everyone on the server now will quit and you'll have thousands of non-donators going on the server per day, then going offline without donating.

There are two solutions here: remove the plugin, or leave the levels as they are. The downfall of resetting the skills is absolutely massive compared to the huge benefits of leaving them as they are / removing the plugin entirely.

Me? I'd rather the plugin stayed and this whole idea was forgotten about. But removing the plugin is the only other option.

Also, I really don't like how the staff on mumble say to me, "Stop f***ing swearing" and "You're talking s**te".

I'm talking to you, Danni.

-Pred
See, I've been completely dismissed by Sawine's views here. Don't waste your time either, Pred.
Argh Prez, you posted that while I was editing my post.

Anyway, here's the one I was going to put:

Even if you don't reset the server skills people will come. Now, the main argument is that they won't stay because us "experienced players" will spawn kill them. Really? You really think I don't have people in diamond gear to kill? Whatever. That doesn't matter. Sure, people will come and stay, but they will get irritated once they've got their skills up and then there's another reset. Then they'll quit too!

You see, if you just leave the plugin alone or remove it totally and nobody will go because there is either no reset so no slavery to get skills back up or no plugin to whine about. You're sacrificing new players who will check out the server ONCE and go offline for people who will play until the server goes down and if you want that then fine, do the reset. Everyone on the server now will quit and you'll have thousands of non-donators going on the server per day, then going offline without donating, or coming on then leaving the server after the reset, because they cannot be bothered to get their levels back up.

There are two solutions here: remove the plugin, or leave the levels as they are. The downfall of resetting the skills is absolutely massive compared to the huge benefits of leaving them as they are / removing the plugin entirely.

Me? I'd rather the plugin stayed and this whole idea was forgotten about. But removing the plugin is the only other option.
sawine wrote:
TPrezzle wrote:

I'm so negative because I completely disagree with a ton of stuff around here.

Ever heard of constructive criticism ?

The staff are getting on his nerves, mine too. We're getting told to stop swearing on Mumble and then they swear literally 10 seconds afterwards. I really don't like how the staff on mumble say to me, "Stop f***ing swearing" and "You're talking s**te".
sawine wrote:
... If you're unhappy, we'll fully listen to your opinion as long as it's provided in a positive and constructive manner...

... If you're still unhappy, no need to curse it all over the forum, go make your own server (you'll maybe finally realize how easy it is...) or join another one.
TPrezzle wrote:

Again, we won't be listened to so have your way with it.

...C'mon... when did we silence someone or not took into considerations people's opinion ?

This is like the 2nd or 3rd time I see you bring this up... this might work with your mom, but not around here.

A lot of staff often brings the same thing up again.
sawine wrote:
Edit: It's fine to disagree...as long as its done in good manners. If it's too much to ask, then see the previous option I stated.

100% agree, but Prez is only treating staff the way they treat him.

There's a phrase in England: Treat others how you want to be treated yourself.

-Pred
#PredSpread wrote:

You see, if you just leave the plugin alone or remove it totally and nobody will go because there is either no reset so no slavery to get skills back up or no plugin to whine about. You're sacraficing new players who will check out the server ONCE and go offline for people who will play until the server goes down and if you want that then FINE everyone on the server now will quit and you'll have thousands of non-donators going on the server per day, then going offline without donating.

Also, I really don't like how the staff on mumble say to me, "Stop f***ing swearing" and "You're talking s**te".

-Pred

Since you are bringing up past events lets explain what happened shall we?

I came into the channel which was made for 'lomtown staff'. I start to hear you guys shouting your odds with 'f**k' 'p***y' 'c**t' 's**t' and a few other languages... please allow me to remind you pokemongardevoir was in the channel too. This kind of language is not appropriate in any channel apart from the adult-only channel or your own faction.

I warn to stop, I get ignored so I warn the second time. Again, ignored so coffeey became muted. Then you say 'this is bullpoo' knowing full well you were again using language. At this point I became anatgonised and said 'Stop swearing now! Im serious, Im sick of your (was originally going to say bullpoo, I stuttered and ended up saying...) s**te'

Don't disrepect me, the only reason that 'event' happened was because I was in the channel to stop all of your profound language.

Apart from your pathetic ending and attitude, this post was a good to discuss.
TPrezzle wrote:
See, I've been completely dismissed by Sawine's views here. Don't waste your time either, Pred.

2m76ru8.jpg.gif

... I think it's me who's wasting my time.
DanniDorrito wrote:
'fuck' 'pussy' 'cunt' 'shit'.

The reason our posts are censored is so 'others don't have to see'. Apparently, it's irrelevant what context this language is in, it's simply not on. Going by that, you should edit your post.
sawine wrote:

I don't see how I'm pussyfooting anything here... my reply was on topic and related. Where is it written that you can't have a halfway mentality ? Where is the balance in getting one/two hitted to death by someone maxed out ?

If I'd get pwned this way, my reaction wouldn't be "eff yeah, I'll grind my life to death to beat this guy", I'd rather hit the X and find a more balanced place to play. Some people might see it as a challenge..others as unbalance.

Your looking at it the wrong way. Your looking at it in the sense of 'Getting 1 hitted' whereas you should also look at 'being able to 1 hit'. In my opinion, they player which have the ability to 1 hit deserve it - i dont know if you play much minecraft but mcmmo take a long time to get to the caps. More to the point, what will experienced players gain from killing new players? They will be too busy in faction based pvp. I think the pvp server would benefit a lot more being left as it is. Generally speaking, balancing usually upsets players and something so dramatic as this would just top it off - i know i wouldnt play if i knew what i worked for is going to be reset.

The pvp server reminds me of how Minetown used to be a year ago - before all these new staff came and silly carebear rules to stop 8 year olds from crying on the forums. Over the past year i have seen some of the hardest working staff get replaced by mods who prat around doing stupid s**t. So much has changed and minetown is more like a job than a game now. You need to pay to have warps to your houses, you have to submit pe's for just about everything and you cannot have your freedom over your own land. Freedom means a lot and the way i see it the pvp currently offers this ( although carebear rules are creeping back... TNT ). If i want people to to get out of my area , i dont have to go through a series of required applications to give notice for plots and all that crap, i can just kick them out and if they refuse, kill them.

Your mentality isnt a pvp mentality, if someone is challenging you can either try kill them or run, after all minecraft is a SURVIVAL game.

ONE BIG ISSUE on the pvp server is the lack of decent staff to help with all the hackers. There never seems to be staff on and hacking occurs regularly. When you tell a mod its always "put in a pe and a mod will deal with it".

Final point which has been said multiple times on mumble is that staff are contradicting and bending rules. Staff should be like police, who are also subject to the law.
DanniDorrito wrote:
#PredSpread wrote:

-Pred

Since you are bringing up past events lets explain what happened shall we?

I came into the channel which was made for 'lomtown staff'. I start to hear you guys shouting your odds with 'fuck' 'pussy' 'cunt' 'shit' and a few other languages... please allow me to remind you pokemongardevoir was in the channel too. This kind of language is not aproppriate in any channel apart from the adult-only channel or your own faction.

I warn to stop, I get ignored so I warn the second time. Again, ignored so coffeey became muted. Then you say 'this is bullshit' knowing full well you were again using language. At this point I became anatgonised and said 'Stop swearing now! Im serious, Im sick of your (was originally going to say bullshit, I stuttered and ended up saying...) shite'

Don't disrepect me, the only reason that 'event' happened was because I was in the channel to stop all of your profound language.

Apart from your pathetic ending and attitude, this post was a good to discuss.

Corrections:

I came into the channel which was made for TROLLING. You hear ME PERSONALLY say maybe the f word and the s word and everyone except me are over 18 but I really couldn't care less. I've no idea who pokemon gardevoir is, apart from someone recruited by someone to troll TPrezzle. You did warn us, you didn't get ignored but in the heat of the moment Coffeey says something beginning with S and he gets muted.

I don't see how we "disrespect you" whatsoever. As a staff member you act as a God over players and think that other people must bow to you and the rules. Besides, until you came into the channel everyone was swearing and Lomanic was getting in on it too. Then you got in and started kicking off at us about the passive swearing (we didn't say anything directly it was completely passive).

Also, I'm seriously getting rubbed up the wrong way about your ways. "Pathetic ending and attitude". If I said that to you you'd be saying to me "Don't disrespect me :'( I am a mod u should worship me and luv me and kiss my feet" but for some reason which nobody I have spoken to about this with can figure out you think you're an all supreme leader who should be respected. When people in global are getting disrespected you don't intervene do you? I'm not saying you should or shouldn't for that matter but you can't just use disrespect as your only defense.

"People are hacking" - "Don't disrespect me"

"My chest had stuff stolen from it" - "Don't disrespect me"

"" - "Don't disrespect me"

I think it's time to get off your high horse Danni and realise you're as mortal as everyone else.

Also, I have good meaning to write this. A lot of the above I've been wanting to say for a while but simply haven't as I'm actually an OK guy until you piss me off.

If you don't want to spam this thread with our non-sensical personal garbage then I suggest you post your reply onto my wall.

-Pred.