Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Level reset on the pvp-server
Started by [E] 8x8johan

And we're not a runescape server so no point comparing it. Runescape is probably based on those skills and a necessary part of the game. Minetown PVP was not and still is planned not to be.
DanniDorrito wrote:
And we're not a runescape server so no point comparing it. Runescape is probably based on those skills and a necessary part of the game. Minetown PVP was not and still is planned not to be.

Don't be so ignorant. The skills system is identical and that is that, you're wrong to deny it.

If it's not intended to be part of the server, get rid of the plugin. I won't accept that as an excuse if the plugin is a massive part of the server.
Tprezzle wrote:
DanniDorrito wrote:

Again, minecraft is not runescape so no point comparing it to that.

There is EVERY point comparing it to runescape. The skills system is exactly the same, as it is with many other online MMOs.

I stand by my point. People in runescape would probably commit suicide if they found their skills wiped one morning.

I'd commit suicide anyway after a decade of playing that game.
Fettuccini wrote:
Tprezzle wrote:
DanniDorrito wrote:

There is EVERY point comparing it to runescape. The skills system is exactly the same, as it is with many other online MMOs.

I stand by my point. People in runescape would probably commit suicide if they found their skills wiped one morning.

I'd commit suicide anyway after a decade of playing that game.

Truth.
DanniDorrito wrote:
Tprezzle wrote:
DanniDorrito wrote:

Trying to compare this to runescape is a silly argument, this is not runescape and no I have not played it.

No it's not, don't dismiss it. The levels system of McMMO is EXACTLY like runescape, and any other skills-based game like that.

If the people of runescape had their hard work reversed, they'd be angry. People here will be angry too.
DanniDorrito wrote:

Again as I have said, MCMMO wasnt meant to be something you guys should be spending a ton of hours working on, its just an extra perk which can be used around working on your factions.

Now THAT is a silly argument. Just because the staff don't intend people to use it in that way, they still will. If the option is there to make you twice as fast at mining, or even more powerful in PvP, OF COURSE PEOPLE WILL DO IT

-_______-

Of course players will intend to use it like that but it then they will be wasting their own time when its reset, its just a perk, not a main thing to do on pvp.

If you havent noticed a lot more people agree with the reset. You're just arguing against the majority.

they don't though. you don't even play the PVP server danni so you shouldn't even be allowed to vote if it doesn't even affect you. same with the rest of the votes, it's so dumb. i guarantee around 50% of the yes to reset's of both non-pvp to stay and full on reset will not play the pvp server most of the time compared to the main server. i know this because if they felt so strongly about a reset then they'd HAVE MADE A POST, not just sat back and let this stupid unbalanced poll take over from them.

also, if something isn't the same thing as whatever you've compared it to, then you can still compare it. the idea of comparing things isn't because they're the same it's because they different. jees.
Quote:
Don't be so ignorant. The skills system is identical and that is that, you're wrong to deny it.

This is true danni. The skills system in runescape is nearly identical (the fact there are many and you can choose whether to get up your PVP skills or your skilling skills (mining, wcutting, etc)
Quote:
If it's not intended to be part of the server, get rid of the plugin. I won't accept that as an excuse if the plugin is a massive part of the server.

That last bit is true. You cannot simply reset the plugin everytime people's skills are high. Either keep the plugin and don't reset the server, or just abandon the plugin completely.

oh, and another thing. you don't even play the server so why do you care about this so much? it's like you care more about disadvantaging us than you do about the matter itself and that is not good...
I feel like if it were a monthly thing, no one would care to pay any mind to their levels at all. There's really no point to leveling something that will be wiped. Some skills are much harder to train to high levels, like taming. While others are just tedious to train to a level where they actually do any good, such as mining and excavation. When I started on this server, I didn't feel disadvantaged by the number of people with higher skills, I felt CHALLENGED. That is important. I felt like I had a task to set out on and I did. And it was not that hard, but I certainly wouldn't want to go back and do it all again.

Thus, I echo the sentiment above. Allow the plugin to serve its purpose, and be used as it is meant to be used, or get rid of it.

I'll admit that a one-time reset might be nice (to get rid of peepeex, or wtf, and maybe entice some of the meeker players onto the battlefield). If it is monthly, I cry.
CubicCrack wrote:
I feel like if it were a monthly thing, no one would care to pay any mind to their levels at all. There's really no point to leveling something that will be wiped. Some skills are much harder to train to high levels, like taming. While others are just tedious to train to a level where they actually do any good, such as mining and excavation. When I started on this server, I didn't feel disadvantaged by the number of people with higher skills, I felt CHALLENGED. That is important. I felt like I had a task to set out on and I did. And it was not that hard, but I certainly wouldn't want to go back and do it all again.

Thus, I echo the sentiment above. Allow the plugin to serve its purpose, and be used as it is meant to be used, or get rid of it.

I'll admit that a one-time reset might be nice (to get rid of peepeex, or wtf, and maybe entice some of the meeker players onto the battlefield). If it is monthly, I cry.

THANKYOU cubic, new players look at it as a challenge rather than it being unfair. if they don't then maybe they shouldn't be on the PVP server at all.
Exeriti wrote:
DanniDorrito wrote:
Exeriti, deleted your post. Watch your language when making a forum post, dont let this happen again when posting your opinion.

Sorry for the language, but did you really need to delete the post? I know the forum moderators have the power to edit posts so couldnt you just have erased the first line? I find this quite strange that you would simply delete it. Was it really the first line, or was it something else?

There was a lot of language in your post and I wasnt prepared to spend my time editing your post because of your language. Your post wouldnt have been deleted if you had followed minetown rules.
DanniDorrito wrote:
As you can see from the poll 18 players agree to a reset of some kind compared to the 9 players against it.

(from here its me talking. I dont know how to make it proper lol)

Thats not correct.

'Reset all the levels' is an option that agree 100% to a reset.

'Reset pvp-skills only' is an option that arent agreeing to a complete, but agrees that a reset that is pvp related is the best for the server. Its a 50/50 option.

'Do not reset any levels' is an option that doesnt agree with any skill reset.

you cant just say that the most people agree to a reset when the they dont. they agree to a reset in pvp related skills not in any other skills. there is actualy more people saying that they dont want a reset than people saying that they want a reset.