Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Level reset on the pvp-server
Started by [E] 8x8johan

Reset PVP skills. Dont Reset non PVP
There is no point in reseting the pvp skills when theres only 20 people on at peak times, we need more people playing on the pvp server (ie 50ish) before we should reset the skills
THANKYOU. finally someone made a thread about this

it's supposed to make the server fairer, but it won't. when i came on the server i what everyone else did when they got on the server: go underground, hide, get resources to challenge the higher levelled players. that's it.

if you do a reset it's gonna be pointless - 15 days of the month will be spent getting your levels up and the other 15 will be spent raiding, with maybe 5 hours tops killing people.

it's just stupid. i don't want to have to get all my levels back, it's just gonna be stupid.

if you reset the skills, i'm gona have a llthat time wasted, along with loads of other ppl on the /mctop leaderboards. also, i don't particularly care about my excavation skills i want to keep my pvp skills, the /swords especially. it's not right to simply announce a reset, such as what happened with the nether reset, and then just boom all my levels go, like what happened to mine, ikai, zdeath and grifff's nether place.

it's like this.

i own a huge company (not really, but it's an analogy) and i've got 100,000 employees.

i suddenly decide i don't want to sell retail anymore and am simply going to sell directly from the internet, and cut 90,000 people from my workforce in a few days. those 90,000 people are gonna be pissed but the people remaining (for example, the people without high /mctop stats) are gonna be overjoyed because they now have a chance to make a real effort to make a difference, but the remaining 90,000 people have just wasted their time at the company to be jibbed off by me.

this reset seriously needs to be reconsidered. the thing is tomorrow, and i know my sunday night will NOT be spent watching Spain vs Italy in the Euros final if it does, and a lot of other people with high stats are gonna be pissed too.

an alternate idea would be to subtract 25% (or a specified %, not 100% (i know someone will say that) from each player's level in each skill. this would make the reset itself fair! if you have one peron who's on the server 1 hour a week, and has a /swords level of, say, 10, and someone who is a no-lifer (such as myself) and is on it far too much, and their /swords is 700, you're taking 10 compared to 70 times that of the 1h/week guy. but if it was 20%, for example, then the 700 guy would go from 700 to 560, and the 10 guy would go from 10 to 8.

-pred
^
Bumping to keep this thread alive <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I believe Mining and Excavation should also be reset. They give off some advantages very useful in getting prepared for PvP, such as gunpowder and diamonds.
In my mind, from a Staff point of view, they are trying to make this server welcoming, for new members, and a reset seems like the best solution, to remove advantages. But, other advantages come from Kits. I know with /kit diamond, you can get 5 diamonds for free, every 6 hours. So, since kits cannot be removed, why should this be removed as well?

Kits are obtained through showing support to the server via currency. McMMO levels are ALSO obtained through showing support to the server, from being an ACTIVE member.

I personally think there should be a third option, and that is a tax. I don't know if it is possible, but I think a daily tax, for keeping your levels could be a nice middle ground. If you are unable to pay this tax, you will lose levels.

Just my new thoughts on the topic.
Why are people talking about people working for PVP skills being a disadvantage to new players. Its so stupid.

If thats the case then why not reset all the diamonds and iron and weapons people have made, because wouldn't that also be an unfair advantage to newcomers?

Nonsensical.
I'm sorry but every multiplayer game is like this. The thought of resetting stats and advantages to make new players feel more welcome is, like coffeey said, nonsensical.

I cannot think of a SINGLE popular stats-based multiplayer game where stats are reset every now and again to make new players feel more welcome. In that situation, they go on easy servers, they don't go on pro servers. It's the same here, if a new guy comes on, they don't attack a guy in full diamond (unless they wan't an ass-kicking, and they certainly won't do it again).
It's a hardcore PVP server, why are we resetting PVP skills we worked on to make it all even and fair for newcomers.....