Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Reporting Bugs & Suggestions (Prison Beta)
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

For the name colors....We could indicate with a bold, or underline ect and a devfining color...if possible.
@1787762 wrote:
For the name colors....We could indicate with a bold, or underline ect and a devfining color...if possible.

No need really, once the colors are set in stone they'll be listed on the forums so everyone will know what color means what
@637590 wrote:
@1787762 wrote:

No need really, once the colors are set in stone they'll be listed on the forums so everyone will know what color means what

Im saying this mostly because insert said it was hard to read, and that could help if you made it white again...Or make prisoners white and the staff have the different colors. And maybe diable that donor perk of colored name n prison server
Please add in some kind of channel or something for staff, whenever guards are trying to communicate it gets lost with the rest of the chat and most of the time important messages aren't seen
@957310 wrote:
Please add in some kind of channel or something for staff, whenever guards are trying to communicate it gets lost with the rest of the chat and most of the time important messages aren't seen

Put on the list to do <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x
Basically the biggest problem for me is the constant clearing of the mine. Players think its a great place to settle down and start building a cozy dwelling. It would be great for there to be signs there (I know this is an easy fix, but i was realizing it hadnt been done and needed to be) letting the players know that it is an absolutely no building zone. I have had to clear the mine 5 or more times now.

Thanks,

Ambiosis
How about some sort of respawn cool down system? An incentive not to die but also it helps the guards by stopping people just running straight back into a riot, takes the pressure off a bit.

Also make it so if you hit someone then you are on a cool down, untill that cool down goes you cannot be safe in a safe zone, stops safe zoning?
@2858393 wrote:
Basically the biggest problem for me is the constant clearing of the mine. Players think its a great place to settle down and start building a cozy dwelling. It would be great for there to be signs there (I know this is an easy fix, but i was realizing it hadnt been done and needed to be) letting the players know that it is an absolutely no building zone. I have had to clear the mine 5 or more times now.

Thanks,

Ambiosis

Mines are reset every 6 hours so not much of a problem if they do stuff inside of the mines since the reset will wipe it
@744235 wrote:
How about some sort of respawn cool down system? An incentive not to die but also it helps the guards by stopping people just running straight back into a riot, takes the pressure off a bit.

Also make it so if you hit someone then you are on a cool down, untill that cool down goes you cannot be safe in a safe zone, stops safe zoning?

Will probably need that done as a custom plugin. I really don't like the idea of players having to wait to respawn, guards can just kill and extend jail times for repeating offenders.

Nice idea but again that's another custom plugin, wont be likely to have one developed any time soon.
Here is my final view on the PVP / roleplay issue brought up in another threads. I hope they are useful for someone.

I'm using the PVP term as a reference to player vs player fights, not the archaic meaning of player vs player interaction.

I was again in the server for a bit, having fun with 'king of the hill', a PVP game where prisoners try to defend a certain spot in the block. Can be quite amusing. I would say booth for the inmates and the guards.

Anyway, my view about all this issue is that the moto "this server is not the PVP server", read again not *the* PVP server, is not clearing what this server is about.

The PVP server is mostly a vanilla server where players can and will do lots of things to have fun, like build, trade, pvp and roleplay. PVP does not seems like the goal of the PVP server, just an enabled feature (and ruled) that introduces certain risks, like being killed or seeing your stuff destroyed (which actually doesn't even relate to PVP). I play it and never had a fight over there. and still have a lot of fun.

Now the prison server, on the other hand, seems a lot about PVP. Whenever i go there, there is a lot of PVP going on. To me, the main reason to this is that beside PVP and roleplay fun you can mindless gather or trade resources to keep ranking.

And to what end?

Landro had the insight to imagine how the server would be for people that gets free, after countless hours of gathering materials (considering you wont have that much PVP). And he is worried we are only having an hard time to reach another vanilla world in the end. What will be so special about it? Will it be pvp-enabled? Can drug lords flourish out there? Will the guards actually try to grab this bullies and send them back to the joint?

Or... Is the outer world real important? And as such, is ranking the final goal of the server?

I'm a bit confused with all this because i can't match many of the things being said on the forums with what is happening in the server.

I think it is important to clarify this before staff try to set the rules that will support the idea or even release the server (from beta status).

Regards
@1219022 wrote:
Here is my final view on the PVP / roleplay issue brought up in another threads. I hope they are useful for someone.

I'm using the PVP term as a reference to player vs player fights, not the archaic meaning of player vs player interaction.

I was again in the server for a bit, having fun with 'king of the hill', a PVP game where prisoners try to defend a certain spot in the block. Can be quite amusing. I would say booth for the inmates and the guards.

Anyway, my view about all this issue is that the moto "this server is not the PVP server", read again not *the* PVP server, is not clearing what this server is about.

The PVP server is mostly a vanilla server where players can and will do lots of things to have fun, like build, trade, pvp and roleplay. PVP does not seems like the goal of the PVP server, just an enabled feature (and ruled) that introduces certain risks, like being killed or seeing your stuff destroyed (which actually doesn't even relate to PVP). I play it and never had a fight over there. and still have a lot of fun.

Now the prison server, on the other hand, seems a lot about PVP. Whenever i go there, there is a lot of PVP going on. To me, the main reason to this is that beside PVP and roleplay fun you can mindless gather or trade resources to keep ranking.

And to what end?

Landro had the insight to imagine how the server would be for people that gets free, after countless hours of gathering materials (considering you wont have that much PVP). And he is worried we are only having an hard time to reach another vanilla world in the end. What will be so special about it? Will it be pvp-enabled? Can drug lords flourish out there? Will the guards actually try to grab this bullies and send them back to the joint?

Or... Is the outer world real important? And as such, is ranking the final goal of the server?

I'm a bit confused with all this because i can't match many of the things being said on the forums with what is happening in the server.

I think it is important to clarify this before staff try to set the rules that will support the idea or even release the server (from beta status).

Regards

Its a roleplay server. PvP is against server rules and you will be punished for it if staff catch you committing the crime. Its a prison, you have set jobs to do to get out and rules set which are punishable if caught.

Its not a PVP server and you may see a lot going on because the PVP fruits dont seem to understand this and havent gone back to /server pvp yet.

I wouldnt listen to Landr0's 'insight' if I were you, he's already gotten himself banned for intentionally griefing the server and ruining other players experience.

I don't understand why its so hard for players to understand the difference between a prison and PVP. If you dont like the prison gameplay, go to PVP. The "No PVP" rule will not be changed, go to /server pvp if you want to fight freely.