Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] The Daily Rant V2
Started by [E] GACKT

I'm going to rub lavender oil into your toes <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Coffeey wrote:
lancefortier wrote:
nothing could be further from the truth, religion has run the world since the dark ages.

Yes they have, which has resulted in us being hundreds of years behind in technology.

They may have run the place, but they didn't do a good job.

Hahaha, you do know that the Catholic Church was pretty much the driving force of education in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages?

That's absolute bullcrap saying that religion impedes science.
Nintenzo wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
lancefortier wrote:
nothing could be further from the truth, religion has run the world since the dark ages.

Yes they have, which has resulted in us being hundreds of years behind in technology.

They may have run the place, but they didn't do a good job.

Hahaha, you do know that the Catholic Church was pretty much the driving force of education in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages?

That's absolute bullcrap saying that religion impedes science.

I'm sure you will find that they suppressed most science, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Between the Roman mythos and the banning of Christianity up until it was accepted later the fall of Rome, a lot of knowledge and technological advances that existed during that time were lost, Civilization practically took a step backwards afterwards.

And to say that the Catholic church didn't interfere with science during that time would be ignorant.

An unbias and interesting speech.
I would like to point out everyone is clearly on topic, hence the title "Ranting".
GACKT wrote:
I would like to point out everyone is clearly on topic, hence the title "Ranting".

Hate to break up the on topic conversation, but, just a warning. Talk of religion is banned on enjin forums, I would watch what you say. You might insult someone.
Gotmilk wrote:
GACKT wrote:

Hate to break up the on topic conversation, but, just a warning. Talk of religion is banned on enjin forums, I would watch what you say. You might insult someone.

What's enjin going to do, shut down a community as big as Minetown for having a mature conversation about religion? Not likely.

Did you mean Minetown doesn't allow it?
Coffeey wrote:
Gotmilk wrote:
GACKT wrote:

What's enjin going to do, shut down a community as big as Minetown for having a mature conversation about religion? Not likely.

No, I meant enjin doesn't allow it, I was just saying be careful, not like they won't shutdown Minetown, but it doesn't mean they can't shut down your account <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I honestly do not care, I am just warning ya.
Gotmilk wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
Gotmilk wrote:
GACKT wrote:

No, I meant enjin doesn't allow it, I was just saying be careful, not like they won't shutdown Minetown, but it doesn't mean they can't shut down your account <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I honestly do not care, I am just warning ya.

technically you may be right, enjin has boldly said we are a private company, so we can ban religion, so don't give us any of that free speech shit (in kinder words) I'm not sure if that apply's to just the section that is enjin's domain to moderate (the ones on their home page) or guilds like minetown. which aren't maintained and moderated by enjin . if i had to guess, I would say enjin would't have say authority but don't quote me .