Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Massive Project
Started by [E] Gman20

I like it alot looks good. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f913.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":geek:">:geek:</object>

For designing the city, I think that we do not need different architects and managers. We should have one main architect in charge of overseeing the entire city's construction. Each architect will be in charge of one block of the city until their block is completed. A block may be about 30x30. Working under the guidance of the architect would be three or four builders. They would work as a team to gather the supplies for their current block. Plans will be made and published through Minedraft or another similar program and approved by the main architect before building.

Since the streets are generally uniform, they can be under the charge of the main architect.
i will aplly work architect desinger and builder i will do the two thing i work on my own buildings
I like that plan Jp, I'll assume that you'll head the architectural aspect of the project and I'll manage we'll work together.

As far as organizing this, when do you think the plans will be ready enough for us to start doing some ground work.

Once we set a date for start time. I'll start getting people to help.

Were going to need resource gatherer's to keep a steady flow of building material coming.
I was thinking of rather than have set resource gatherers pumping away at the ground, each block work as a team and possibly take turns, with the architect overseeing. The plans should be ready to begin streets at 18:00 EST tonight. For this step we will need a lot of smoothstone and halfsteps.

I am planning 16 blocks in the current setup. Each block will be 30x30. Running on the grid will be a road like the design before but with the road section being 10 wide rather than 5. Between each block will be the other design. This will create a stemming structure. On each intersection I will build poles with street and avenue names (probably numbered for ease of navigation)
Sounds like a plan

I'll get a thread going for workers to sign up
If you supply the tools i would gladly help get a lot of resources
Jp I won't be able to help today until like 10 tonight but i'll be on tomorrow. Let me know how progress is coming
I am going to go find a site and begin the foundation of the center of the city. I would like to reserve the immediate space there for Reggief and Archvader; they will build something amazing, I am sure <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> I am planning on building a statue where the streets connect

Do we have a name for the city yet?
I was thinking Metropolis. seem like a good name for what were doing

me·trop·o·lis

   /mɪˈtrɒpəlɪs/ Show Spelled Show IPA

–noun, plural -lis·es.

any large, busy city.

the chief, and sometimes capital, city of a country, state, or region.

a central or principal place, as of some activity: the music metropolis of France.

the mother city or parent state of a colony, esp. of an ancient Greek colony.