Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Frost Empire~!
Started by [E] Heark

A minecart system would be nice, though its certainly more than a one man, or even one faction, undertaking. Find and make plans with our architects and those in other factions who want to help before starting anything. I'm no expert in the area of minecarts, so while I can help organize getting supplies for system, I'm really in no place to approve or help lay out a design for it.
We are building a minecart system in Espero and I am very familiar with the way the system works. If you would like help designing it, I am sure I can be of assistance.

jpkoushel

Mayor of Espero City

Governor of Espero
jpkoushel, I would love to have your assistance in building our minecart system. I looked up some youtube videos on how to make one, but it still seems pretty complicated. Maybe when the server comes back up I could come have a look at your system you have.
I've been practicing also, boosters (2way etc) and ways to make stations. Maybe need 2 railways to every location?
You want a loop. If there are two stops, just a two-way track. If there are 3 or more, build one rail and have it wrap around.
hey jp for our minetracks u might want to use minetrack boosters
Alright so this is what i was thinking for the minetrack system: Have 1 station in each city. build a 2 way track in between each city except for the capital. The Capital will have a much bigger train station than the other towns and have a track to each city in the faction. there will be small minecart boosters placed along the (elevated) minetrack system. The whole thing will be made out of stone including the stations. The stations will consist of two floors, the upper floor being the arrivals level. and the bottom being the deprature. I have actualy halfway built one of these stations in my own server, so i kind of know what its going to look like. The actual building shouldnt be too hard it will just take alot of supplies and time. I have also developed a Cart-return system that recycles carts back into the system. If you have anything to add to this idea or take away from, let me know. This build will also require lots of workers. Maybe eventualy we can run this between select factions that we trade with.
7I24c3, we were setting up button-activated self reloading minecart boosters to launch the carts and two-way boosters along the way. I think we have a few <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
http://minedraft.net/?id=4d16594b37f7926a62000002

I suggest building the tunnels like this. The upper level of tracks is not necessary until the lines are crowded enough to back up the system.
I was thinking of doing a above ground railway. They would almost look like aqueducts going around the faction. This would save time I think because you wouldnt have to dig out a huge cavern underground and then layout the tracks. If you tried to do it underground, you could also run into the occaisonal underground cavern which you would have to cover up. With my aqueduct kind of design the route would be easier to make because you can see where to go (which way the city is your making it to) and the ride would be more senic as you are traveling. And since it is elevated above the ground no animals can get to it and it requires alot less effort to make.