Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Zombie Apocalypse World Preview/Beta Test
Started by [E] Yield

Server is great!! Although strongly suggest turning off PVP to prevent it becoming another PVP server and to keep it more co-op and about killing teh zombies!

2012-07-29_215343.png

2012-07-29_215124.png
Great server so far, been playing it today as a team with Krystalin, Truerurouni, Madster456, pwnmaser_dx34

Suggestions:

• Block it so only players can break certain blocks that they can use to craft, basically make it so players cant mine underground but can mine everything else such as buildings
  • Allow zombies to drop coal, iron and diamond. Obviously make diamond and iron low drop rate so you need to kill lots of zombies to get items
  • Dogs are aggressive but they dont attack players.. either make them auto attack player or make them passive so players could tame them... maybe make zombies drop bones too
  • Make rotten flesh a credit currency (Like $1 for 1 rotten flesh) which they can sell at spawn. Sell an enchantment table at spawn so players are able to use up their levels
  • Install the clan plugin so players can create clans together <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> No need for factions plugin since we dont want to protect or claim land
  • For spawn take minetowns spawn and grief it a little. Could make a background story for the server to say minetown had a zombie apocalypse
  • Keep it pvp!
  • Minetown Donators have similar perks as the current minetown donations (coloured names, access to 'survival' kits ect)

But apart from that the server is doing brilliantly!

The zombie spawning rate seems good, glad they can't break doors down and its good that they can break glass
I think the new server is fantastic. Lots of fun. I see where Danni is coming from, suggesting for no mining underground. But i must admit using the sewers was a nice way to set up a base with just two guys. This is in no way a complaint but i was wondering if theres anyway to incorporate Balkon's weapon mod, the one found in the technic pack. If its possible, the array of extra weapons would only add to the fun. Thanks for all your work, Yield!
Wysperr wrote:
This is in no way a complaint but i was wondering if theres anyway to incorporate Balkon's weapon mod, the one found in the technic pack. If its possible, the array of extra weapons would only add to the fun. Thanks for all your work, Yield!

Only problem with that, is everyone would then have to download that mod, or the technic pack. I personally don't see it happening.
Oh is that so? Thats a shame. Well its still fun, do we know how often, if ever the world will be reset once testing is done?
love it spawning great however would u be able to spawn the zombies in day light without dying.
More Giants too!
Its a pity zombies still burn when the sun is up.....and maybe no free dia sword? Just give a crappy wooden one when a player first spawns,and put loot chests in buildings <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

• no plugins that require client side mods
  • I'll give the burn-immune zombies a try. The day time was implemented to reduce the zombie population.
  • Free stuff won't be available when the server goes live. I just give the stuff out for testing purposes.
  • I am still iffy about the giants. The plugin that controles them requires a bunch of server resources.
Giants are cool, but I don't feel they are neccesary. I don't feel as though enchanted items really neccessary, I think your current level should more of a status to how long you've been alive. Since you are making Zomba immune to the sun, why not make them stronger at night?