Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Zombie Apocalypse World Preview/Beta Test
Started by [E] Yield

I dont really think you should be able to mine ores, just make the whole underground stone so you can dig in to make a base but not get ores, and have iron coal and diamond as rare loots, maybye have loot chests in buildings where you can get redstone, etc
Oh and if we dont have vaults can we at least have LWC please?
@space - Both vaults and lwc would ruin the gameplay somewhat for me, because if you think about that, i player can hide a mass amount of materials in the one chest if he or she was smart enough. I fell like having no kind of protected chests i sthe best way to go.
Indeed, in an apocolypse setting, defending your resources is part of surviving. Sticking to realism as close as possible is the best way to go. Besides, I wouldn't want this to become main server with lots of zombies, that's just boring. Ring on the bandits and raiders!
I agree with True. No protection, pvp enabled, and allow mining of everything that is naturally found in the game. Disable the Nether and everything relating to it.
Ok I think you guys are missing the point a bit. To defend your lots is to be on the server ALL the time. So, instead of having chests open all the time, why not have it so only you and friends can access them while you are offline, you need to give friends perms but when online anyone can, that means your there to defend the chests but means when your not, they arnt at risk

If that would be POSSABLE I think that would be the best solution...

Also, yield can we have a list of items and prices for the shop so the community can add and tweak it to thier liking? Just a basic on, maybe a new thread, a basic list of tools then people suggest new items and uses and you decline or accept them. Plz do that

Anyway, server has changed ALOT in the last few days, very defiantly for the better, I LOVE it. This is just what I imagined!. Oh and yield, a small change to world gen. Make some tigh alleyways with chests in and massive spawning rates, something like that, close quarters with zombies and loot is AWSOME!

Good work yeild
I was also thinking of a sewer level with much higher spawning and many loot chests. As for LWC, i see the points everyone is making, but i think there should be some way to protect items. Maybye you have to pay a large fee to protect a chest or limit it to one chest per player. Just the other day i looted a base with four stacks of flesh, and as the market isnt really develouped yet i dont know if thats worth much, but thats quite a lot of zombies to kill.
At the laundromat now, so this reply is from my phone:

The servers primary currency is the 'Flesh Pound' which is abbreviated "Fp" on all the shop signs. Basically, 16 rotten flesh is equal to a flesh pound. The shop plugin also allows for the sale of Exp for Fp, so I am also toying with that idea. There are a few items currently available in the spawn block, like armor swords bows and arrows (I even put a power 5 bow up to test the plugin). I'm still working on the prices for items but I'll post a list, possibley later tonight.

I am also planning on using a chunk claiming plugin, kind of like what is on the PvP server, but it's not faction based, so you don't have to worry about power as much. I will more than likely be adding a decently sized fee to claim a chunk and you will only be able to posses so many chunks. You will also be able to add friends to your claims.

On the map I'm making for release, you will not have access to anything below the swears, so mining minerals will not be an option.
Ok

Chunk claiming has been implemented. It costs 300 Fp per chunk and you are allowed 4 chunks. Once you hit 4, you have the option to 'Over-pay' 1000 Fp per chunk. To claim a chunk, place a sign (With on the top line) anywhere on the chunk you want to claim.

To read up on the plugin I used for this, check it out here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mychunk/
I also added a poll, please vote!