Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Zombie Apocalypse World Preview/Beta Test
Started by [E] Yield

Going off my earlier suggestion of increased spawn as you go further out from spawn, possibly giants could be the final mob you reach at the world edge?
Played for about 10 minutes. The amount of zombies doesn't necessarily increase the further you move out, but it does exponentially increase as soon as you leave spawn from 0 to 10+. And they spawn pretty often. Even with full armor and a diamond sword, I was almost overwhelmed about 300 blocks out in a building.
ok just been playing this for a while, its awesome. Breaking out of a zombie infested building indiana jones style and watching them explode out of the building into a giant fireball is just priceless. In all seriousness though, this is awesome! I do have a few suggestions, but yes, this is really cool.

Suggestions:

• You should have a 'safe area', kind of like a /vault, but its an empty bedrock box with some glowstone and the player has perms. So basically, they have a small area (I was thinking about 5x5x5) to make there own vault, using materials they have scavenged from buildings. You should also be able to make a pe to expand the vault to makeit bigger. So basically a small, expandable area to store stuff that will be safe from zombies and other players. So if you die you dont lose everything. Possibly also the only way out is a /back command, so you cant just use the vault to teleport back to spawn.
  • The currency should be rotten flesh. Not that you exchange rotten flesh for credits, but that you actually use rotten flesh to buy stuff. There should be a shop at spawn, where you can exchange flesh for equipment. e.g. you get a wooden sword and 10 steak free. You go out and kill a few zombies and come back for leather and stone sword, which would be cheap so they can be aquired fairly quickly. Once you are fairly developed, you will come back to get iron sword and armour. it will take a lot of flesh to get diamond equipment. Flesh is also used for expanding vaults.
  • Coal, compass, iron gear and diamonds should be rare loots from zombies. In the cases of iron and diamond, the reason is obvious, but coal and compasses take a bit more explaning. Coal can be used for torches, and torches should be a rare resource as they allow better viewing in an area, and also allows an area to be made free from zombies. A compass should also be a rare resource, as it is the only way (without F3, so block F3 if possible) to navigate back to spawn once you have left, unless you stumble across it, and as it will hold the shop where you can upgrade your equipment. Possibly also a rare drop of potions?
  • Your xp level is your stat, it marks how long you've been alive and how many zombies you've killed. There should be a command to check other's stats, and a leaderboard of the current top ten.

ok, I think thats about it. I hope you consider this, but when i give suggestions, it doesn't mean I dont think it's awesome. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Oh and a small glitch I found, whenever I try to break a half door on top of white wool, the wool turns yellow.
Btw guys zombies can break torches, so if one gets in a lit area, that area will get full of em
This would be awesome, I love zombie survival games.
I remember seeing a video of a server where a certain item (I think it were gold ingots) were "changed" into tokens.

The name of the item while hovering over it was different and the icon looked different. While I'm not sure if this was done texturepack- and mod-wise or done by a plugin, I think it would be cool to "change" the rotten flesh into some sort of tokens.

If this is done by a mod and a specific txt pack, ignore everything I just said.
Zombie meat currency. I demand it!
The way I'm heading in now is to trade your zombie meats in for 'Flesh Pounds' which would be a virtual currency, like MTC on the main server. You then can buy all your supplies with the Fp
I like it.
While playing, I realised that while the number of zombies on the street is fine, there needs to be WAY more zombies in buildings! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>