Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Zombie Apocalypse World Preview/Beta Test
Started by [E] Yield

DanniDorrito wrote:
No where near enough zombies. I was able to survive just fine and had to go out of my way to look for zombies.

We want it so players would need to work as a team to take over zombie infested buildings, need to double or triple the spawning rate in my opinion.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> x

When you have 2 or 3 people trying to reclaim a building, you start to get overwhelmed fairly quickly. They spawn slowly at first, but then they just keep coming. It feels like the spawn rate actually increases if you stay in one area for a while. But yeah, if you pick an area to work out of and stay near it, youll see tons of them.
Fettuccini wrote:
DanniDorrito wrote:
No where near enough zombies. I was able to survive just fine and had to go out of my way to look for zombies.

We want it so players would need to work as a team to take over zombie infested buildings, need to double or triple the spawning rate in my opinion.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> x

When you have 2 or 3 people trying to reclaim a building, you start to get overwhelmed fairly quickly. They spawn slowly at first, but then they just keep coming. It feels like the spawn rate actually increases if you stay in one area for a while. But yeah, if you pick an area to work out of and stay near it, youll see tons of them.

I did, I was working on a building and it wasnt hard to manage the zombies and continue to work on a single building. For me that was no challenge, I was hoping it would have been harder than that.
DanniDorrito wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:
DanniDorrito wrote:

I did, I was working on a building and it wasnt hard to manage the zombies and continue to work on a single building. For me that was no challenge, I was hoping it would have been harder than that.

Try going out and doing it with a few people. It gets harder when you have more people. Trust me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Seems it wont let me connect now =/
cant connect either. maybe yeild is tweakin some plugins?
It was only a test guys~

Wasn't the release <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I had to work today, so I took the server down. I will bring it back tonight.

The spawn rate is influenced by how many people are on the server. I can't give an exact equation without looking at the config but spawning is set to multiply by the number of people on the server until a max world count is achieved. But it really needs some major tweaks yet. I have gotten some ideas based on last nights test and I have a better idea of how to configure the spawning to handle the traffic the world may receive.
i enjoyed last nights test. thanks for letting us on Yeild
Server is up while I play with settings. You are more than welcome to come hang out and murder some zombies!
Hey guys, I haven't been on the server yet as I only just saw this, I will get on today. The aim for spawning rates was to make it really difficult to hold a building for a long time. With 1 person you should be running a lot of the time. With 2 stopping afew times to fight back but constantly being pushed back. With 4 or more you should be able to hold a building for about 2-5 minuets before having to e-vac. That's what I was roughly aiming for. If its different it may be better as most of us have never seen a server do this sort of gameplay before. We just need to get the spawning perfect to keep it enjoyable, but force people to join up if they meet to survive.

In the map if there isn't already I think some loot chests and a couple of TNT traps players could arm for zombies (just harm zombies no world destruction) maybe even some MG despenser turrets in some buildings would be good. And I am assuming yield that we will have a shop to buy better armour, better swords, a bow and more arrows. You can start off with no armour and a wood sword. Then you exchange for better wepons and armour make it quite expensive to draw out the time it takes to upgrade. Also if possable sell wepons and armour with enchantments, that extends the line of upgrades to keep it interesting for longer. If it is possable, maybe make it so players can add wood doors only on one block, clay or something, then put clay in the doorways to buildings so they can make barricades... The doors would be very, costly though. Sell Anything that could be used like snowballs etc.

Anyway, looking forward to playing on here today. Hope to be impressed. And btw, the ip address is it POSSABLE to have zombie.minetown.net that would be good