Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

It would take a one man clan less than 10 days of voting to cover 10k. Some people have proposed a 20k monthly, this would take less than 15 days. If you have a friend in your clan helping then this become really, really, REALLY, easy to manage.
Let me just post a little math up here based on intervals of 5 members dividing a 10,000 fee and a 15,000 monthly fee.

$10,000 mtc per month

Member number vs payload

5=2000/mo

10=1000/mo

15=666.66/mo

20=500/mo

25=400/mo

30=333.33/mo

35=285.71/mo

40=250/mo

etc.

$15,000 mtc per month

Member number vs payload

5=3000/mo

10=1500/mo

15=1000/mo

20=750/mo

25=600/mo

30=500/mo

35=428.57/mo

40=375/mo

etc.

This is just based on the assumption that the whole clan is paying the even fee, not bringing up any ideas that this is the way it SHOULD be. It's just a number chart showing the effort beside monthly fee's for a clan. After 20 members the payment becomes very trivial but there are also people who probably don't want to pay at all to be in a clan, and who ever owns that clan could still easily pay off 10-15k with votes. Just some math to show the cost of such things, thank you.
meh, I still dont like the idea, there are too many variables in the situation that could get a clan wrongfully disbanded. Everyone has their own projects and everyone forgets things easily.
I've read a few posts of people's opinions, cba to read them all.....

I vote no, 15,000MTC is enough, surely?

Besides, if you are inactive the clan gets removed anyway, so that clears up inactive clans.

However, if this does go ahead I think the fee should be monthly, as some people have said, if unpredicted circumstances occur (Even a holiday), this may be a problem. I also think the fee should be around 12,000MTC a month, as some people are unable to vote so often.

There is a need for a 'Credit Sink', but I don't believe this is the best option.

Quite happy for people to argue with me, however, I may ignore you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Its not a bad idea, however to get rid of the smaller clans, maybe clans with less than x amount of people have to pay, this would eliminate the inactive or tiny clans.
No reason to get rid of small clans. I don't think this fee should be prohibitively expensive. Just enough to encourage voting, as well as create a credit sink.
This all seems to have died down now....

But for the record, I vote no. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
You're just pulling an Espero.

So what exactly does cheating on faction payments have to do with a faction that has primarily moved to other servers? Espero has no history of fraud, cheating, stealing, or theft. Please do not add random insults to my people when they are ungrounded and unwarranted.
At this point, I don't even see the problem with the 10k fee, assuming that is still monthly. It just weeds out inactive clans really, and I indefinitely have no problem making that much WITHOUT voting, so I guess I am pro-fee instead of anti-fee now.
The inactive clans get wiped away anyway after 30 days of inactivity. So this shouldn't be about killing inactive clans and pruning the numbers down.

I think if this is implemented it should be as a credit sink, and incentive for voting.