Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

Alot of people seem to like the idea, I can understand how small clan owners could feel unfairly treated but I think having a clan should mean something, more of a commitment. If you really wanted to keep a single person clan running, it would be easily possible on a monthly fee basis, for all those guys who think this is completely insane let me remind you that I too am a clan owner, but the idea really is for the common good.

I think any "fee" should be low enough to not make a punishment out of owning a clan, but high enough to make it a little bit more prestigious. I'm not a programmer, I'm an artist so I don't know how hard coding stuff like this would be, but I feel like having a system where clan members could do something like /money send (clan fee?) (number) could be beneficial if the system was actually implemented, along with having a grace period for the payment (5 days)

-automatic billing somehow? Just throwing ideas out, also some way to differentiate charging players for factions (and draining their money while away? How cruel) and just simply not being there. A system would probably require an active command from a player to pay it off (done at anytime during the month?) and a fair termination date if it's not paid (d'aww kids paying their bills already)
I was actually going to make a post alot like this <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> I definitely vote yes.
meh, but you pay 15k to make the clan, isnt that enough already? I mean think about it, clan owners saved money to make their clans, and it costs them money to make headquarters, and work on clan related projects, so are we not already technically paying a fee by working on all these projects? It is an interesting idea, however I do not think anybody would be too keen on the change. Some clans have trouble just keeping their projects funded, so at this point I would have to say that I do not like this idea very much. But again, interesting idea.
A plugin would be awesome! I believe that if this does come into place though, clan owners should be given the option to disband with a refund at first, since this wasn't mentiomed when they signed up for the job. I hope this changes the opinion of some of the owners that were previously against it.
Yes, I'm all for giving refunds on that account, but as far as smaller poorer clans go for paying off fees, they can always consolidate with other clans etc. which still ends up reducing the quite ridiculous number of almost 90 clans.
What do you think of letting smaller clans have smaller fees? Since they have less members, they have a smaller source of income. And what about having the first month free?
To all complaining that this is too much, and all similar things...

Factions on the PVP Server are free. If you are truly looking for competition that's where I recommend you take a faction. I never quite understood why we have clans on the Main Server, especially now that the PVP Server has been implemented.
Or, perhaps think of it this way, the absurd amount of clans we have, can be easily remedied. All we have to do is set a minimum number of members, and give people oh id say, a week or two to meet that minimum, and those who have not, the owner gets refunded the 15k that he/she paid to create the clan, and said clan is disbanded, I was thinking maybe a minimum of 16 people? And are you serious? we have 90?! I play on MineTown a LOT, and I have only seen the tags of about, maybe 12 clans max? If we have this many clans, I believe that this would be an alternative to weed out inactive clans, other than the fee, Im sure that everyone would be a bit happier with this. Also, Swagare, nice sig! did you make it? owo
/clan list

Making a member quota is pretty absurd and doesn't promote anybody who wants to be exclusive.

@SGTFenix the functionality of the idea was to also act as a credit sink, something the economy desperately needs, I know less money sounds like a bad thing but it's the nasty protein shake thats actually good for you of economics.
Well then what happens after they have 16 members? Can the clan owners get lazy? And what if 15/16 members haven't played in a month? Is this considered an inactive clan? By the way, titoajianto made my siggy. I believe it is 5,000mtc for non-clan members and I think it is free for Cloud clan members.