Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

I think its a good idea, however its not that easy to implement, there would need to be plug in tweaks and new plugins to manage it.

Id like to see the cost od creating a new clan be reaised to a much MUCH higher amount. around 500-750k mtc. Then the founding of a clan will represent several people pulling together to make one or one person showing off vast wealth. No one will want to waste that amount.
I am in favor of a credit sink like this.

Edit: However I think Loms suggestion is a little too pricey for the creation of a clan. I'm not against the cost being raised, but I think above 200k is too much.
Could a separate plugin be installed? Like /clanmonthly pay <amount>? Would that be any easier for our developers?
Perhaps, but there are only so many active people on MineTown, so again if we had a minimum member requirement that may help, seeing as the sith, cloud, dominion, tkt and the other more dominant clans have most of the active players as members, the minimum would easily be implemented. Possibly minimum of 20 members? 20 members is not easy to get in a 1 week period when nearly everyone is already in one of the major clans, that would reduce the 90 clans to about maybe 30 max. The idea is however intriguing.
Well the members minimun idea is tough since it doesn't all happen in one day. It took Cloud quite a while to become really popular, and that's still only because of the great members within Cloud that were willing to help. Most of it is luck, so it would be a shame if a clan that could have been great in the future was shut down merely because members didn't want to join at the time.
Lomanic wrote:
I think its a good idea, however its not that easy to implement, there would need to be plug in tweaks and new plugins to manage it.

Id like to see the cost od creating a new clan be reaised to a much MUCH higher amount. around 500-750k mtc. Then the founding of a clan will represent several people pulling together to make one or one person showing off vast wealth. No one will want to waste that amount.

Before going on, I would like to mention that before any kind of fee/ tax is implemented, all clan owners should be refunded their 15k. That being said, I strongly agree with lomanic

However as slurth said, I think 500~750k is too much to simply start a faction. However, I actually think what slurth put as the maximum is a good price(200k). That would be 4 people chipping in 50k each to start a faction.

It would be doable for many pre-existing factions if each of their members pulled together enough money. And it would be enough for people to be more careful about making random factions.

Also, if the cost was at 200k, those factions who found it VERY costly to create one could simply charge newer members an extra fee to get in, which would help pay off some of the 200k. If this does go through, I feel as though some additional rules about faction owners being able to drop members should be made so that greedy scumbag owners wont use this as a way to make money.

And then, we can have frivolous faction-related additions such as more "special" colored faction name tags, etc. to sink more money.
I feel that changing the startup fund would be unfair for clans that are already up and running. If we change the startup fee, all currently existing clans should pay the difference in price.
While I agree with the idea of charging a monthly fee, I think 500k is wayyyy to high, I even believe 200k is to high. I think 15k would be a good price. It just seems to me I would just say screw it and make a clan with out a clan tag if I had to pay 200k a MONTH. I like the clan tag but not that much.
Yeah, there are wayy to many 1 man clans D:

I think 50k, possibly 75k sounds reasonable?

EDIT: Would this mean all previous clans will be deleted/destroyed <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
HolySm0kes wrote:
While I agree with the idea of charging a monthly fee, I think 500k is wayyyy to high, I even believe 200k is to high. I think 15k would be a good price. It just seems to me I would just say screw it and make a clan with out a clan tag if I had to pay 200k a MONTH. I like the clan tag but not that much.

Well, I think the 200k, 500k~750k was the fee to "start" a clan.

Regardless, I agree. 200k a month would be too much. Way too much.