Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

I like the idea, I hope it gets implemented <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x
I don't like the idea, unless the clan leader sets it at whatever he wants. It would also have to be a %, otherwise negative credits / complete bankruptcy will be quite common and very unpopular.

Also, unforeseen circumstances (such as a relative dying) could mean you're not on for a while. If it was weekly then this would be a problem, so it would definitely have to be monthly.

It seems to me like there is a little too many... issues. I vote against.

-Pred
Although I believe that there needs to be more faction-related activities in order for this to even matter to a significant degree, I am for this fee.

I believe it should be a weekly fee. And the fee should be required to be paid at the beginning of each week.

And although predspread believes otherwise, I actually like the idea that inactive members are vulnerable to bankruptcy.

And I believe the fee should take the number of players into account. If it was a set fee, this would give factions incentive to bring in any random person just for the sake of lowering their fee.

However as said before, I believe there needs to be more clan-related activities if we are trying to weed out less active, less important factions. Or maybe we can twist this idea a bit, and have a plugin where players can pay a weekly fee for a tag of their choice. After all, isn't that what factions are mostly for nowadays?
I strongly agree with this idea, however I disagree with some of the posts. I believe that we should implement this ASAP because in my opinion, this will draw out extra activity of some clans, and in effect will cause extra competition for clans. I also believe this competition is lacking in Minetown, and this will make the entire clan experience very enjoyable for the whole server. 

A very easy way to implement this is to make a considerably large building in the middle of nowhere. Inside this building you will find hundreds of plots, with one chest in each. Each clan will receive a plot. The plot can be used for two things. 

1) The clan will be allowed to put up signs to let visitors know what they are about. 

2) The clan will also be able to pay. They simply put the diamonds in that chest and wait for the staff to take em out. This way it can be efficient for the staff and efficient for the clans as well, allowing the clan owners to pay at any time.

The plot could also have a donation sign, so everyone can help pay. The play simply warps to the plot and donates to the effort of keeping the clan alive. This way clans like Sith can pay for their workers, and the owner isn't the only one paying to keep the clan alive.
i strongly disagree!

i bought i clan, for me it was a considerable amount of money just for what it is but i did it cos i am going to make a faction and i thought it important to have some way of showing that you are a member of that clan. if this happens i will want a full refund on my perchase price and the clan removed. this is stupid. how will this help at all? economy? people who can afford to do this have so much money that it wont make a difference... inactive? erm what? just remove inactive clans instead of charging them money they didnt agree to spend? this is the most stupid idea thats come out of minetown scince lom tried to claim the server... please how will this help anyone?

"weeding out the less important factions" WTF so only big factions should have a clan tag. thats so unfair! this benefits no-one

never do this. i will be horrified if this happens.
I believe that you are partially correct on this. However while you are making a faction, you could ask for donations from your members. This also means you will have to work extra hard to keep your clan up (kinda like a mini server within a server! Serveption?). I do believe that weeding out the less important clans was a poor choice of words though. Try not to think of it like that. Think of it as "ensuring all clan owners really care". The problem is some owners don't try hard enough. This will give them the extra push to try harder, or the incentive to quit and join a different clan.
I think that keeping this on the lower side of Scotties suggestion is a good idea.

This shouldn't be a tax so much as an incentive to be an active voter.
Another idea I had, is that clans could pay based on the size of the clan. Clans with 5 members might pay 50 dia, while clans with 60 members might pay 600dia. And also if extra diamonds happens to show up in the chests I mentioned, They could be simply used to save up for the next month. Send me a kudo if you agree with me!
I vote no.
While you guys are saying yes or no, could you please tell us why? I would love to see what you guys are thinking so that we might find a compromise.