Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

Yeah that's the startup fee.

Credit sinks are valuable I think in that they would encourage people to actively vote.
swagare wrote:
While you guys are saying yes or no, could you please tell us why? I would love to see what you guys are thinking so that we might find a compromise.

Alright, I vote no because this: We were never notified at any time that "there may be a monthly fee if you make a clan" I don't want to pay that. Another thing, If someone gets hurt, and is in the hospital, or there on vacation, they come back, and there faction/clan is gone? Would'nt you be a little upset? I would.

What about the plugin itself? Why do you think darth, or whoever wrote it added a clan time? So if a clan isn't on is X amount of time, the clan is deleted. I'm sure he added that so they don't have to go and remove them themselves, but adding this will make more work, people have to pay, i'm sure someone would have to make sure clans have paid, keep reminders to clans to pay. To much work for others.

Just my opinion

-Madster
What about a clan limit? it would be all automated. When you make a clan, obvisouly there is only going to be one person in it(you), but what it someone just made a clan for the tag? shouldn't do that. So have a timer, if you don't get X amount of players in X amount of time, then you clan will be disbanned.
Madster wrote:
swagare wrote:
While you guys are saying yes or no, could you please tell us why? I would love to see what you guys are thinking so that we might find a compromise.

Alright, I vote no because this: We were never notified at any time that "there may be a monthly fee if you make a clan" I don't want to pay that. Another thing, If someone gets hurt, and is in the hospital, or there on vacation, they come back, and there faction/clan is gone? Would'nt you be a little upset? I would.

What about the plugin itself? Why do you think darth, or whoever wrote it added a clan time? So if a clan isn't on is X amount of time, the clan is deleted. I'm sure he added that so they don't have to go and remove them themselves, but adding this will make more work, people have to pay, i'm sure someone would have to make sure clans have paid, keep reminders to clans to pay. To much work for others.

Just my opinion

-Madster

Think i'm thinking about the same as you on this one...

Except the fact of being disbanded with only X members, cba to explain, but i disagree <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I made my new clan about 10 minutes ago so that if this does go ahead I have saved on money <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Hope that's right anyway
ok guys lets try and round this up to a simple set of facts and look at it like that.

it creates a credit sink. which takes money out the economy.

ok i see what u mean but i will speand time voting i wouldnt of done without this which brings more money in so no argument there really

weeding out inactive clans.

erm? what? how is this an argument. it doesnt. FACT.

cutting to the chase.

benefits;

makes having a clan more of a commitment weeding out those who dont take it seriousley

disadvantages;

actually brings more pressure to bring money into the economy

stops all small factions or clans thriving

costs players money they never agreed to spend

it takes money that could be used on making the server thrive more

adds more plugins to go wrong

takes up more time of the devs

please feel free to add to that list, its incomplete but thats mostly what i see... now tell me its a good idea -_-
BARNEY626 wrote:
i strongly disagree!

i bought i clan, for me it was a considerable amount of money just for what it is but i did it cos i am going to make a faction and i thought it important to have some way of showing that you are a member of that clan. if this happens i will want a full refund on my perchase price and the clan removed. this is stupid. how will this help at all? economy? people who can afford to do this have so much money that it wont make a difference... inactive? erm what? just remove inactive clans instead of charging them money they didnt agree to spend? this is the most stupid idea thats come out of minetown scince lom tried to claim the server... please how will this help anyone?

"weeding out the less important factions" WTF so only big factions should have a clan tag. thats so unfair! this benefits no-one

never do this. i will be horrified if this happens.

5k credits is not hard to come up with.........
BARNEY626 wrote:
ok guys lets try and round this up to a simple set of facts and look at it like that.

it creates a credit sink. which takes money out the economy.

ok i see what u mean but i will speand time voting i wouldnt of done without this which brings more money in so no argument there really

weeding out inactive clans.

erm? what? how is this an argument. it doesnt. FACT.

cutting to the chase.

benefits;

makes having a clan more of a commitment weeding out those who dont take it seriousley

disadvantages;

please feel free to add to that list, its incomplete but thats mostly what i see... now tell me its a good idea -_-

I'll deconstruct this quickly because I'm about to go to bed.

"it creates a credit sink. which takes money out the economy.

ok i see what u mean but i will speand time voting i wouldnt of done without this which brings more money in so no argument there really"

That didn't make any sense, so I can't really comment on it.

"weeding out inactive clans.

erm? what? how is this an argument. it doesnt. FACT"

Erm? What? How is this an argument? It DOES.... fact.

Factions who are there for no specific reason other than to give members will probably not have a purpose for the faction, such as selling goods, building, and so on. And they will be unorganised, making them probably unable to pay the tiny fee.

"actually brings more pressure to bring money into the economy

takes up more time of the devs"

First sentence doesn't really make sense again.... cant comment.

Yes it does and that's the point, reasons given in my posts above, and everyone elses who agreed with this.

So what if they didn't agree? People don't agree to letting people claiming there houses when they're inactive, there is no rule about it. Besides it's not a lot of money.

Takes more money that could be used to allow the server to thrive? It's in game currency, it's going to do fuck all in regards to pushing the server forward.

If anything it WILL make it thrive more, because people will vote for more MTC, and they will be more active to preserve there faction.

Adds more plugins to go wrong.... all plugins have the potential to go wrong. Some more than others. This plugin should be extremely easy to make for our developers, and they are more than capable of making it so that it doesn't break -_-

This is one of the reasons DEV's are on Minetown, to make plugins <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
BARNEY626 wrote:

disadvantages;

There are a few things I agree with here, as well as a few things I disagree with.

1) If we made people pay a fee, the pressure would be greater, however is this a disadvantage? I argue no. The competition in the market has dropped greatly. There are less auctions than before, and I believe if people need the money to host a clan, they will try harder to make money.

2) Saying that this stops small clans from thriving is a little extreme. I would say this stops small clans that don't care as much from thriving. I can make 10-15k in a day. So this would be a cut out of my budget. If you vote every single day you can make 32k in a month. Doing daily, weekly, the hedgemazes and selling enchanted items adds to this. A single player could pay off a monthly fee of 25k fairly easily. You can still thrive with a monthly fee.

3) Remember, many of the players that want a monthly fee are also saying you should be given the chance to be refunded. This would make the third disadvantage not even an issue for anyone.

4) I agree with this disadvantage. There would be less money to make the server look better. At the same time, players don't use all of their money anyways. Just check the amount of money of the players in dominion!

5) Minetown is going to continue to add plugins. This will always happen I believe. Why? Because they want their server to continue growing and always be the best! An extra plugin should not be a huge issue, unless the developers have a hard time with it.
So I am getting a general vote of yes.

And then it's pretty obvious the people who don't like it are really just concerned about their wallet ( effort=/=greed )

I have still yet to see a educated list of con's aside from disturbing a couple people who are emotionally attached to their clantags.
As long as this fee, tax, etc. is reasonable, I don't think it'll be a problem.

However, we pay $15,000 MTC upfront to create a clan, then if we have to pay $5,000 to $10,000 MTC (weekly) as a fee to keep the clan alive, I'm not for it. I don't think having a fee on a clan is a terrible thing, but it'd have to be reasonable for it to be considered good in my opinion.

If this clan fee were to be implemented (which I'm not strongly for or against at this moment in time), I personally think that the fee should be determine by the size of the clan. This should determine much MTC or anything of monetary value a clan should pay as a fee. A clan that only has 5 people should only have to pay $510 MTC. The way I calculated was with a 2% fee based on the size of the clan after multiplied by 100. 5 * 100 = 500. 500 * 1.02 = $510 MTC. If the clan had 70 members, 70 * 100 = 7000. 7000 * 1.02 = $7,140 MTC.

This is just a simple idea that could be improved on if this clan fee were to be implemented on this server. Besides that, I'm neither strongly for or against this clan fee at the moment.