Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

Now that I think about it, if there is going to be a monthly fee for having a clan, it should be a fee that every clan pays, regardless of wealth or size of the clan.
Just throwing out an idea for the greater good of the server.

Could the fee be implemented in a way where the amount of players equals the amount of MT Credits the owner/majority of the clan pays?

Lets say... The clan has a player base of 36 members. If each member is and after 10 had joined the clan, the fee went up to amount. This would result in a higher fee for the larger clans, but in all fairness the entire clan would help out to fulfill the payment. Now back to the story. Clan has a player base of 3 members, a small group of friends. The fee would be implemented for each individual member, not as a whole. I am basically trying to say that the original down payment for a clan is 15k, and after 10 or so members join, (each member being 250 or something larger) would increase for each 5-10 players that join by whatever amount.

Also, you could add a feature that has a larger payment for idle clans, ones that do not receive members or usage for extended amounts of time. This could lead to less clans on the server.

If this doesn't quite make sense, ask me, it was just hard to think of a simplistic way to say it.

Cheers!

WackJob
My post needs more info:

A flat monthly fee that every clan pays regardless of size or wealth.
I've said this before, but I totally agree with you CytoCraft. A flat fee is (in my opinion) the way to go. We can't have a clan with five or so people being charged 5K monthly (for example) but a clan with fifty poor people being charged 50K. This would really take from the clan experience and discourage growth in MineTown. If we were to change fees based on membership, clans wouldn't be able to do all the awesome things they do today (e.g. Cloud Nation (largest clan) wouldn't be able to extend the city because their monthly cost would be astronomical).
I agree... This is turning into conservative vs liberal shiz...Why on earth would you want to punish the bigger clans by making them pay more? I say a simple flat fee is nice.
My, my. Look at how far these talks have gone! All the debates, all the sides of the picture. The sense of control people will think this will bring to clans in Minetown.

Embarrassingly, it would not make one difference.

If this Clan fee does go through, there will be 2 things that will happen that will annoy those who came up and those who support this idea. The first would be that the Millenium Empire will be disbanded and re-formed through other means that will not require monthly payments. In simplistic terms, I'll be cheating the system. I quite simply refuse to pay even 1 Minetown Credit for a clan/faction more then what I needed to organize it originally. We still have our forums, and still have our members. I doubt there are any laws or rules that would prevent us from staying organized or disallowing each other to work together. The only difference is, there would be no Tag. And I doubt anyone would be willing to get in my way to tell me otherwise... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I would of course, be sitting back and finding this whole situation as hilarious. We wouldn't need a single Minetown Credit to run our faction, while countless others would. Meaning we would undoubtedly be wasting less time and money on such a frivolous and unnecessary idea. I mean, once we decide on this course of action, how many other lesser clans would follow our example? Such the domino effect we would have. And I'm willing to bet that our actions would make the entire faction and clan idea even less useful.

That is also where the second piece of my puzzle would fill in. That many other factions will quite literally cheat as well. It's not like it can be stopped and there really isn't anything in place to discourage people from working together under the table. It's almost like creating a shadow group, or an underworld haven of factions that nobody hears about anymore, but are always involved in matters greater then dedicated factions realize. And of course, it would allow these shadow factions the ability to move about freely, of which their true numbers or influence would be difficult to stop or control. Spies would be able to easily join other factions and report back to their bosses, much the the annoyance of that dedicated clan.

I do hope everyone enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! It definitely gave me peace of mind knowing how things will be in just the next few weeks. Of course, I can not say the same for everyone, but I just thought it best to let everyone know.

Ciao!
If it is easy to implement, I say go for it. Great way to stabilise our credit-based economy.
However childish cheating the system is, anybody who just runs a faction on their own would be free to do so I suppose. Just no convenient clan chats, no tags etc.

The original idea was a flat fee. Having a percentage based one is just ridiculous because there is no way to "marginalize" one clan from another but perhaps size (and accomplishments)

Anybody who wants to control clan size/population etc. by making a minimum limit is pretty unfair, if single man clans want to exist, then let them pay for it!

It's also punishing towards smaller exclusive plans.

The idea in it's current state provides: Clan control/stabilization (with sacrifice) somewhat of economic stimulation, most likely a higher number of consistent voters and more of a usefulness/privilege associated with owning/running a clan/faction.

Also keep in mind, Factions cost nothing at all on the PvP server! Where everything is driven by rankings/prestige etc. instead of opinions!

I don't really think an "automatic billing" approach would be healthy, seeing as it has potential to drain the owners mtc account without refund. However a manual /command billing way was my idea. Have a beginning of the month due date for the fee (with a grace period) where the leader (or anybody with adv. clan permissions) can pay off the "bill" (and possibly have members be able to contribute straight to the fee?) I shouldn't think a simple idea like this would be too hard to write into the game.

If anybody is still looking for an explanation of theories/idea's chat me up in private messages or forums (No personal crap please!)
Something I am embarrassed to announce I just found out, the /clan plugin has a /clan bank! Which could be debited for the monthly clan fee in an automatic billing sort of way, to make it less complicated for the player and devs! You can withdraw or deposit mtc's from the virtual clan bank, another perk of owning/having a clan.
sovietscottie wrote:
Something I am embarrassed to announce I just found out, the /clan plugin has a /clan bank! Which could be debited for the monthly clan fee in an automatic billing sort of way, to make it less complicated for the player and devs! You can withdraw or deposit mtc's from the virtual clan bank, another perk of owning/having a clan.

So everyone knows~

Anyone in the faction is able to use:

/clan deposit $$$

Only Clan leaders have access to

/clan withdraw $$$