Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

My opinion for the monthly fee is 12500mtc per month. It is too much to pay for the one man clans with less money, too much to pay for people that are less serious about owning a clan, and not too much to pay for smaller clans that are willing to vote, do daily, weekly and the hedgemazes.
The idea brings with it the understanding that, owning a clan is a "serious thing" or "big deal"
I agree with you, Swagare, in terms of the fee. Around the $12000 mark sounds appropriate. That's just under half your month's voting, leaving the other $20000 you'd get from voting and say, $50000 (if not more) you'd get from loots and hedgemazes.
HKX-4-7 wrote:
If this Clan fee does go through, there will be 2 things that will happen that will annoy those who came up and those who support this idea. The first would be that the Millenium Empire will be disbanded and re-formed through other means that will not require monthly payments. In simplistic terms, I'll be cheating the system.

You don't think this is in the least a little childish? As SovietScottie pointed out, you wouldn't have your clan chat, your formed rankings in games and the like of that. Even though you may have your website, you wouldn't have the privilege of running a clan. This is what it's all about, weeding out the clans that either have little activity or aren't dedicated. I'm not saying you're not dedicated to your clan, by all means I'm not, it's just that doing what you say in the above quote would lose you out a lot of convenience and ruin part of the MineTown experience.

New topic <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Some have had concerns about the automated billing system, which I suppose is appropriate. We wouldn't want owners having funds debited from their accounts without permission. What about we do the following:

1. Upon making the clan the owner is asked whether s/he would like to participate in AUTOMATIC or MANUAL billing

1a. If the owner answers AUTOMATIC, funds are debited from either their player account, or clan bank

1b. If the owner answers MANUAL, funds are manually transferred to an account. The appropriate commands are shown.

2. If a user fails to pay their (MANUAL) fee,, a message is sent to the user saying they have a seven-day grace period to transfer the funds, or their account will be debited automatically (one time)

3. If a user has insufficent funds to pay their AUTOMATIC fee, they will be sent a message saying they have seven days to get the funds and either transfer them manually or have them in the account by the time the grace period is up.

4. If 3 and 4 come to no resolution, after a certain period of time (a few weeks), the clan will be put into 'administration'. An auction will start to see who wants to buy the clan, to recuperate the losses of monthly fees MineTown has faced. The excess money will be distributed to members equally.

Ideas? Thoughts? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f913.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":geek:">:geek:</object>
SovietScottie wrote:
The idea brings with it the understanding that, owning a clan is a "serious thing" or "big deal"

This is exactly what we want to instill into members. If you can't pay or don't want to pay the fee, you should consider whether or not you are serious about running a clan.
jackofallmines wrote:
I agree with you, Swagare, in terms of the fee. Around the $12000 mark sounds appropriate. That's just under half your month's voting, leaving the other $20000 you'd get from voting and say, $50000 (if not more) you'd get from loots and hedgemazes.
HKX-4-7 wrote:
If this Clan fee does go through, there will be 2 things that will happen that will annoy those who came up and those who support this idea. The first would be that the Millenium Empire will be disbanded and re-formed through other means that will not require monthly payments. In simplistic terms, I'll be cheating the system.

You don't think this is in the least a little childish? As SovietScottie pointed out, you wouldn't have your clan chat, your formed rankings in games and the like of that. Even though you may have your website, you wouldn't have the privilege of running a clan. This is what it's all about, weeding out the clans that either have little activity or aren't dedicated. I'm not saying you're not dedicated to your clan, by all means I'm not, it's just that doing what you say in the above quote would lose you out a lot of convenience and ruin part of the MineTown experience.

New topic <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Some have had concerns about the automated billing system, which I suppose is appropriate. We wouldn't want owners having funds debited from their accounts without permission. What about we do the following:

1. Upon making the clan the owner is asked whether s/he would like to participate in AUTOMATIC or MANUAL billing

1a. If the owner answers AUTOMATIC, funds are debited from either their player account, or clan bank

1b. If the owner answers MANUAL, funds are manually transferred to an account. The appropriate commands are shown.

2. If a user fails to pay their (MANUAL) fee,, a message is sent to the user saying they have a seven-day grace period to transfer the funds, or their account will be debited automatically (one time)

3. If a user has insufficent funds to pay their AUTOMATIC fee, they will be sent a message saying they have seven days to get the funds and either transfer them manually or have them in the account by the time the grace period is up.

4. If 3 and 4 come to no resolution, after a certain period of time (a few weeks), the clan will be put into 'administration'. An auction will start to see who wants to buy the clan, to recuperate the losses of monthly fees MineTown has faced. The excess money will be distributed to members equally.

Ideas? Thoughts? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f913.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":geek:">:geek:</object>

Like my earlier post, the /clan bank feature could be used to pay the fee.
Yup, that'd be the best way.
Oh dear...don't resort to childish actions.

I 100% agree on the idea of having a 10k fee monthly out of the clan bank. Why punish the bigger clans? They already have the pay money to invite.

And as for the aforementioned cheating the system, you aren't. You aren't paying to make a clan, you are paying to get helpful features which help you run that clan. Flaunting that you are even considering cheating on payments isn't good for your image anyway. You're just pulling an Espero.

So if you really can't find 10k in your entire faction in a month to pay for clan chat, tags, ranks, banking, coords, and other helpful attributes to your clan, then maybe you should disband it.
I like the idea of a monthly fee because I think it will encourage people to vote more often.

Apparently HK's glorious empire hates voting to support the community so he wants a workaround.

Good job bro, displaying some fine character traits.
Just keep it the way it is.
I absolutely disagree with HK on this matter, especially because he would rather do something illegal if this was instated, and it is quite childish. However, I do think it would be harder for smaller clans that are trying to become stronger to pay a monthly fee of $10000. I don't know, maybe figure out a system that makes you pay more per person you have in the clan or something to that effect instead of just a straight 10k fee. I would assume it isn't exactly the easiest thing for a small clan, however dedicated, to be able to pay that much.