Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monthly clan fee.
Started by Unknown User

Here is just a little idea I've been throwing around for quite a while regarding clans. Despite their only current use (but very useful!) is the clan chat and the clan tags, the fact that you have to do /more 9 times to see ALL the clans, 89 is a pretty unreasonable number for an avg. playerbase (currently) of 30-50 players online.

The idea is just a charge, or fee to keep a clan running (existing?) Not something huge, something like 5-15k a month? Or a smaller fee on a weekly basis.

The pro's are for one, a good money sink for credits which is pretty well needed given the cost of labor vs. goods right now, and to weed out some of the clans which quite honestly shouldn't exist (Sorry to knock on you one-manners out there) or inactive clans/factions. It's a pretty reasonable idea considering a few days of some people voting pays it off, but it's still something to keep the system a little more in check and improve the condition of the 'original' clan idea. I know it doesn't exactly sound good for you 'clan owners' out there but I can say it would help alot.

Opinions?
Would you prefer the fee be paid in mtc or diamonds?
I would assume mtc (preferable) would be used, unless somebody wants to walk around collecting diamonds off of kids for days <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
mtc of course! that would make more people vote and that something we need aswell in order to get new members <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I disagree. Such a move would financially hurt the Empire. 5-15K mtcs a month, is 5-15k less mtcs that Could be used elsewhere such as for hiring a builder, or paying off a debt.

Not to mention that not everyone does vote. I only vote half the time, therefore it would make having a clan extremely inefficient.
HKX-4-7 wrote:
I disagree. Such a move would financially hurt the Empire. 5-15K mtcs a month, is 5-15k less mtcs that Could be used elsewhere such as for hiring a builder, or paying off a debt.

Not to mention that not everyone does vote. I only vote half the time, therefore it would make having a clan extremely inefficient.

I would have thought the empire would be able to pay off a sum of 10k mtc a month?

I know I could alone..

I think it is a good idea because some people make faction just to have a tag in front of there name.
HKX-4-7 wrote:

The Idea is more or less to "stunt" clans in a way. Yes yes yes, the poor old clan has to cough up the terribly huge sum of 5-15k (sarcasm for the kids) but it's more of a common good idea that does have benefits even though I'm sure you see it as the old man stealing money from your purse every month.
5-15k = one member doing all loot chests.

/effort

I like the idea since it would offer a credit dump, which is good for the economy.

And the fact that the inactive clans get auto removed.
I think this is a great idea too, It will get rid of many of the cluttered prefixes on members names to those who decide on not paying the fee, plus will balance the economy.

I vote yes.
I vote yes as well. To be honest I don't even use my tag for my clan anymore, I was planning on disbanding it anyway.