Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Level reset on the pvp-server
Started by [E] 8x8johan

hey guys.

As manny of you might know all the levels are going to be reset every month on the pvp server. This means that you will loose all your levels in every skill.

This was made to give new members a chance in pvp.

I think its a good idea to give new members a chance, but its not really fun to loose all the levels you been working so hard to get.

Skills like excavation, woodcutting and mining doesnt affect pvp, so i cant really see why they have to be reset.

Here is a pool where you can show what you think of it. feel free to post below <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> 8x8johan-
I agree,

People have worked hard for their levels, as Johan has said, Gathering Skills and Misc. do not affect PVP. These are the main skills people like to level up because of their special abilities, it doesn't give them an advantage in battles.

Reset the PVP abilities, otherwise there'll be no point in leveling up the Gathering skills. >_>
I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THIS. WHAT.
I see why resetting McMMO levels would benefit the growth of the PvP community. When a new member joins, he would hardly have a chance against someone that has already gained hundreds of levels in PvP related skills. They would feel they have no chance, and most likely leave the server. I would have to agree, a reset is necessary in PvP related abilities.

But that doesn't mean ALL abilities should be reset. It hardly seems logical to reset abilities that active members work so hard for to gain. Abilities that don't directly involve PvP, I believe, have no reason to be reset, unless it is a matter of freeing up the leader board.
This is how I see it:

When new members come on the server, they are very unlikely to go head to head against someone with full diamond gear or full any gear. Tere are also many different strategies available to anyone to take down someone, without needing to be a high level. When joining the server, I think it would be a great idea to have them spawn at a "Tutorial" where they walk through and learn the basics of plugins and what it is to be in a Hardcore PVP server.

As the level cap for skills is 1000, why reset the skills? Think of it like WoW

When you start out, you can't fight with the "Big Dogs" and you have to work towards getting to themselves at the same level to compete. By either starting out in your own faction or joining another, you can achieve this. Joining a pre-existing faction gives you security (so long as you pick the right one and you don't plan on stealing) and also in most cases help. Organization and Strategy > Power

Please do not reset!
I agree with Danny
I agree with Danny, the skill cap is mostly there so it wont be too powerfull. The creators of this plugin had to make a decision on how to make this plugin not unbalance the PVP servers. But.. I think that it is wise to reset the combat skills after time. If you have all your combat stats at lvl 1000, the skills will be too powerfull.

With my sword lvl i nearly make my enemy bleed every time i hit. I think the combat skills should be reset individually once someone reaches the cap level for that skill.

When there is a reset for that skill we should make a Top 3 Leaderboard and those players will get a reward in MTC/Donator pack/Diamond Gear with nice enchants on it/or whatever should be cool.
i thin danny have a really good idea there. nem's idea with individual reset is good too. i hope it would be possiple to make those things happen.

i aggree with both
This is just a thought, but what if:

For every so many levels, you lose so many levels at the end of the month .

Ex.

If for every 5 levels I have, I loose one at the end of every month. If I had 25 levels, at the end of the month I would have 20 levels.
OR HOW ABOUT

We do what Danny said because it's nothing short of simple logic.