Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Hunger Games competitions
Started by [E] technoalpha

i have finally got minecraft down to 1.1 so when i am whitelisted then i can be of use tec. but if u don't need me then it is ok i don't mind.
I will possibly not be downgrading for quite a while, due to the responsibility I now hold in the temp server of co-owning a town with pokemon-gardevoir. I will definitely welcome all help and donations, but I cannot do anything until I downgrade except plan for how many materials may be necessary. I will post a map I drafted in a few days. Also, please tell me your thoughts on whether you think the arena should be built on the current main server, or the new server that minetown will be launching in a few weeks/months. This new server would presumably have very large amounts of open space, and would be properly regenerated with updates 1.1 and 1.2. Thank you!
id really like to help out anyway i can. I loved the book and love this idea. If you need a builder or anything just msg me ingame
Tec now that the server is now 1.2 is there any way i can help you out with this or no? also i have been having bug problems with building and i put it on the new bug thread the fourm has made so hopefully they resolve that.So if i can help that would be great.
oh and also i almost forgot to mention in my classic server i play on i have built a whole hunger games arena if u want to check it out i will post it on my pic wall soon i will post on this thread again when i placed the picture.
The idea with the bedrock I like, with only the corners for mining. But you won't be able to connect any of the wiring without breaking the bedrock floor, potentially allowing people to screw with it or even get inside the control room.
Now that the server is back up, I will be on and looking forward to all donations and help!

I have decided that since there is no definite launch date for the new world, we should build this arena in the current main world. Also, there is no reason that we could not eventually build a second, or even third arena in the new world.

I will try to post a map soon of the planned arena, I am trying to make a good digital map. Basically, the arena will be a 500x500 block square, divided into four sectors of about 248x248 each. They would be separated by cobblestone walls of a reasonable height (perhaps 4 or 5 blocks). They would meet in a central area, about 100x100, where the cornucopia and starting blocks would be located. Also, the walls would be lined with monster spawners on top. This would create a challenge for players to move between sectors: either climbing over a monster-wall or going to the probably dangerous central area. The arena would only have one layer of ground, below which would be the bedrock lined control center. If players wanted to mine, they would have to descend the treacherous holes to bedrock located in the far corner of each sector. These would be surrounded by various challenges, such as lava, monsters, etc.. I don't want to go into too much detail here about traps because potential future tributes could be reading this. However, this has led me to the following materials estimates:

Cobblestone: At least 100,000 for the walls

Dirt: Perhaps over 500,000, roughly

Endstone: about 62500

Sand: about 62500

Obsidian: about 1000

perhaps more of other items
id like to be the Finance and Materials vp

i have about 6 double chests of stone that human reaper gave to me for my arena but like my pm said i would just like to help you
All right, you have the job--ill pm you about some of the details -- also is that stone or cobblestone? i have a few double chests myself now of cobble and sand

I'm looking for a good arena location. I realized it would speed up things quite a lot if at least some of the land was already perfect. For instance, if we found a mountain biome with a small river, bordering a desert, then two of the sectors of the arena would already be done, needing only a little tweaking and traps/wiring.
Also, I have decided to potentially name this project Hungercraft. If anyone else knows of this name being used somewhere else, please let me know and Ill come up with another one.