Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Hunger Games competitions
Started by [E] technoalpha

sorry to affend u schaefer but even if it is not close to engineering i still know how to manage the redstone circuits even without engineering so if i can help then thats all that matters at this point. also like fettuccini said i can make eletrical circuits i have made some that display my birthday and i will try to upload those pictures on here as well. last thing if u read my server error post does anyone know how to downgrade the minecraft to 1.1? thanks for helping. i made this in celebration to the hunger game thing here in mine town.
Fettuccini wrote:
There are more than one kind of engineer schaefer. People who design electronic circuits are engineers.

Oh i never knew that my apologies destroyer, but still Redstone isn't close to engineering im just saying ya didn't offend me and don't take it like i meant to Trol you i was just saying. Sorry haha
So shaefer you can't see any way how redstone wiring and layout are similar to engineering? Other than your recently gained knowledge that there are Electrical Engineers, you think there's no tie in?

Seems to me like it's not a problem with Destroyer's use, it's a problem with your narrow understanding of the word.
Basically anyone who designs things, no matter what it is really, is an engineer. So I would say that designing redstone circuits is comparable to engineering for sure, even if it doesnt have a real world application.
Slurth i'm not trying to fight anyone and thats just my opinion based upon the fact of Minecraft VS Learning Probabilities. Yes i don't see how it may be considered an Engineering benefit. Also concluding that my name is spelled with a C as told many times before and as it is stated above in the recent comment. I take the time to look at the person's name and spell it right. Concluded comment done with the statement based on Engineering and red-stone Compatibility.
Definition out of the Merriam-Webster dictionary. Since redstone IS the source of electricity on the server it DOES apply.

Definition of ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

: a branch of engineering that deals with the practical application of electricity esp. as related to communications, the distribution of power, and the design and operation of machinery and equipment
Where did my posts go?

Anyway, not going to work. Arenas are too complex for redstone to compare, and instead of struggling to survive(Usually what happens in the hunger games) people will dig deep underground and make a fortune.
I am not about to get in the middle of an argument, but lets just agree to disagree about the redstone/engineering thing, and say that it will be very important.

In response to Jelly, I feel that some complexity can be easily done with redstone, if the circuitry is planted UNDER the arena. A "control center" would stretch from surface level to 10 blocks above the bottom of the world, encased by mod-spawned bedrock (if possible), allowing for very advanced circuitry. If players wanted to mine, they could only access this deep layer by means of four holes, one in each corner, which would be very challenging to access, perhaps surrounded by lava or mob spawners.
Ha, I'm done talking to/about SChaefer. Waste of my time.

I have a bunch of the stuff you need. Catch me in game and lemme see the area this is being put and I'll give you what I can.
well schaefer1231 sorry to compare it like that but even besides me studying engineering i still hav had lots of experience with redstone wiring and if i can be of any use just send me a message. also if u want to see some stuff i have made in my engineering class also at home i have some in my profile and still adding more to it.