Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Dominion
Started by [E] Landro

Its bannable to kill people with pvp off so wouldn't think so
Well then im happy....Now the ones who wish to pvp can, and those that dont do not need to fear as much...Personally, I wouldnt mind being a spectator and watch you people duke it out..Lol, Just as long as im responsible enough to stay far enough away, If i Die from crossfire, its my own damn fault LOL.
bows still do damage even with pvp off

i think beds do too.
Bows and beds, as well as lava, all do damage with /pvp off.

/pvp off killing is a both jailable and bannable offence.

Landr0 - your response could doubtfully have been phrased better, and if I had any qualms with you I'd certainly put them aside.

Nevertheless - my qualms were never with Landr0 nor the actual dominion itself - Coffeey was the issue in the course of events over the last few days.

In charging protection, he turned the End into a paying-only area, and anyone who had not payed would be hunted down and killed, with lava/bed/arrows if PVP was off. I am glad to hear, at any rate, that that particular occurence has been cancelled.

Having previously been jailed for pvp off arching, he gave no regard to his position and continued to act tyranically.

4 times he killed me with pvp off, thrice with bow and once with bed, and I was certainly not the only victim.

Under his command, other dominion members begain to follow suit, including one player who began spawnkilling at end with a flame bow. As i consider said person a friend, i won't name them.

Dominion had simply become a group of thugs in Landr0's absence, and i contacted 3 different mods and an admin with regards to the issue, all who urged me to create a thread. However it would appear mut418/ultimatepk13 got to it before I. Should you wish to read it...

After finding out he could actually get banned for his actions, Coffeey then apologised to me and said he'd 'try and calm down the pvp'. I would have been OK with this, if not that minutes later, 2 other people who had been unhappy with Coffeey's actions were then killed.

The End may be a PVP location and I as one wholy support a group of players willing to pvp now again. Certinaly, faction wars can be fun. But the honourless methods employed by Dominion in Landr0's absence are far from fun, especially for the victims who had PVP off and were posing no threat. Member of Dominion who took part in the last few days' events may disagree, claiming they were fun and wholy justified. These people will probably find it tons of fun when they're banned for breaking server rules repeatedly.

I hope this vile debacle is finally over, and hopefully Dominion will act with better judgement in future -.-
About the /pvp off killing:

I have stated this before and I tried to keep an eye out if Dominion's members do as I do.

Dominion members, this is how it's supposed to go:

You encounter someone in the end.

---> You run towards him/her and hit him/her with anything to check if pvp is on or off. Do not use your bow, since it may kill the player directly.

PvP ON:

Feel free to slay this person

in any possible way. If they complain about you killing them, tell them to do /pvp off.

PvP OFF:

1. The player is or has been trying to pour lava over you, shoot you with arrows or blow you up with beds. Or he/she is griefing your structure.

---> Feel free to slay this person in any possible way.

2. The player seeks no harm and is at /warp end for reasons very different than PvP.

---> Ignore the person.

As far as I know, the Mods did acknowledge that killing people that have pvp off is allowed in the End, since it is a lawless area. (we have screenshot proof)

I'm not sure about killing people with your pvp off. I do know it's a bannable offense in the normal world.

Anyhow, it's something that I personally would never do. If you come across the situation that you have to kill

someone who has pvp off while he's attacking you, make sure your pvp is on.

Actually, whenever you're at /warp end, make sure your pvp is on.
Landr0, with regards to your statement on how 'mods acknowlegde pvp off kills in end is alright', may i draw your attention to zio's earlier post -
Zionia wrote:
This is an official warning to Dominion.

Do not assume 'lawlessness' means no rules.

Luring is still banable

PVPoff kills are still jail/banable

Blackmail is banable

Selling 'protection' is a questionable offense. I will be delving into it further...in WW this may be tollerated, but the End has more purposes than PVP...if you are going to insist on 'owning' the End, I will be taking action to keep things fair.

i believe she refers to either the killer or the killed.

I may be wrong or perhaps it's circumstancial, however.

I say this in an attempt not to discredit you, but to prevent any misconceptions that may cause undesirable effects. As stated before, the only person I had an issue with was Coffeey.
PVP off kills in the end are an offense worthy of a ban, as Zio said. I've heard MANY mods say this...idk who said it was ok but it's not.
I'm not completely sure about what the rules about pvp off actions are like right now. It might have changed over the course of a week, but this is what it used to be:

Lava pouring, bed bombing, splash potion throwing is allowed with your /pvp on or /pvp off in the End.

Killing people that have /pvp off is allowed in the End.

So now the rules would be as follows:

Lava pouring, bed bombing, splash potion throwing, shooting arrows is not allowed with your /pvp off in the End.

Killing people that have /pvp off is not allowed in the End.

Amirite?
Quoting Zionia from a different thread:

you need to type out rumors you want squashed as idk what part of each pic is what you are referring to.

I did see the bow one...

Rule on that:

If you have a bow and are shooting people with YOUR PVP OFF: it is banable

If you have a bow and are shooting people who have THEIR PVP OFF: it is jailable
I find it funny how everyone only starts giving out about bed bombs as soon as they figure dominion must be using them.

This is to adz: I dont think any of us ever killed you with lava.... if you have a screenshot feel free to prove it.

The only reason I ever use beds in the end is to destroy 'The resistances' bases.

The bow glitch can happen very easily as i prefer my bow to my sword.. so I snipe. Im not going to walk all the way down to you and hit you with my sword to figure out if you have PVP off or on, and then go back up to my hill... and then snipe you.

You guys should propably try to get the glitch fixed rather than give out about people using it, because it can easily be a mistake