Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Levels & Skills in MT ?
Started by [E] sawine

This is a great idea. %100 support.
mcmmo is really nice I've played a few server with it before i found minetown. i enjoyed lvl'n up on my mining and fighting don't know anything about the others really
mcmmo ftw i used to use it the higher u level the more perks u get if you have mining skill 100 you get double drops if u get mining skill 300 u get the max of triple drops meaning if you found 4 diamond at level 300 u get a chance to get 12 all together plus it help save ores and help get more food when needed if you farmed same with wood i support 100%
Seems like it would flood the market and effectively reduce the value of our currency to near nothing. Gold would be the new Iron.
I was actually on a server for a few days before joining this one. It involved the rpg layout. Honestly, it sucked. When you first start off, you literally can only chop wood or dirt or stone or something. It took a few days to be able to use the work bench. It is not deserving of those online, honestly. Sure, once you get a high level you can multi class and pretty much do what you can normally do right now (just with added abilities), it just takes forever. You're pretty much a literal slave when you first start off. If it is just skill progression, I'd support it. However, trying to split people up in different groups is actually not very effective, in my opinion. Doing the classes kind of supports like a "caste" system. The rarer the class, the higher up they are. The more common (i.e. warrior might be common for combatant classes), the lower need there is and therefore they will all have a lower say in things (basically which ever warrior kisses butt the most gets to join a group). However, splitting up into classes has one benefit that I see. It would increase faction activity. You'd have factions doing war or competing in projects. However, I believe (in my opinion) that the cons out way the pros for the classes. Skills/abilities sound great, honestly. Basically leveling up to gain certain "perk-like" abilities, for example casting fire as a mage.

Some of those are inactive now, and a few weren't all that descriptive in patch release notes. So I can't say for sure if one of those is the same pluggin that was used in the server I was on for a few days. All I remember was I could only break wood blocks and leaf blocks. I definitely would not support such a thing, as it limits people and deter people from joining the server.
dunsjohn wrote:

I was actually on a server for a few days before joining this one. It involved the rpg layout. Honestly, it sucked. When you first start off, you literally can only chop wood or dirt or stone or something. It took a few days to be able to use the work bench. It is not deserving of those online, honestly. Sure, once you get a high level you can multi class and pretty much do what you can normally do right now (just with added abilities), it just takes forever. You're pretty much a literal slave when you first start off. If it is just skill progression, I'd support it. However, trying to split people up in different groups is actually not very effective, in my opinion. Doing the classes kind of supports like a "caste" system. The rarer the class, the higher up they are. The more common (i.e. warrior might be common for combatant classes), the lower need there is and therefore they will all have a lower say in things (basically which ever warrior kisses butt the most gets to join a group). However, splitting up into classes has one benefit that I see. It would increase faction activity. You'd have factions doing war or competing in projects. However, I believe (in my opinion) that the cons out way the pros for the classes. Skills/abilities sound great, honestly. Basically leveling up to gain certain "perk-like" abilities, for example casting fire as a mage.

Some of those are inactive now, and a few weren't all that descriptive in patch release notes. So I can't say for sure if one of those is the same pluggin that was used in the server I was on for a few days. All I remember was I could only break wood blocks and leaf blocks. I definitely would not support such a thing, as it limits people and deter people from joining the server.
yes that sucks i played one not long ago.. but there is RPG ones that dont make it so you can only chop wood.. go to www.curse.com and click minecraft there is tons of add-ons that will prove this fact thanks for reading
darklands99 wrote:

One of the greatest thing about this game is the the fact that it is simple, light weight in terms of cpu processing, and fun for all ages. I think if these kinds of things are added to it, you will get away from the fundamentals of the game in the first place. You will bring complexity, more cpu intensive, and although rpg's are fun and addictive not everyone is into them.

I agree completely. For me, the simplicity is one of the things I love most about Minecraft and classes etc are one of the reasons I never get into complex RPGs. I guess it depends on whether, if this was implemented, NOT taking part in the class system etc would negatively affect gameplay.
all sounds wonderful atleast ill get somthing extra to look forward to while mining and stuff <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I think it should be somethng you buy with xp lvls

so a skill like poison arrow would cost you 50 lvls and all it does is LET you USE poison arrows, not make all of your arrows poisonous...

a skill like faster sprint would cost 100 lvls and would let you run sligtly faster

fire resistance would cost 250 levels and make you resistant to fire damage

deep breath would let you swim underwater for 3 times the time... something like 100 lvls

you get my point. If there's something like that, that'll be cool.

not perks based on the xp you have stocked. Because if you die, you lose it all...
Maarsi, poison arrows would have to be included with a mod pack, therefore we cannot do it server wide. It's unfortunate and also it is extremely easy to get all of the above levels due to bugs in-game. This thread is an extremely old bump, maybe it should be locked?