Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Levels & Skills in MT ?
Started by [E] sawine

I must say once skills and levels are installed, this server will turn into a dump. It may be a pvp server, but people will find more and more excuses to over-use pvp and annoy the hell out of people. Not to mention i will say again, wil be more focused on a plugin than rather what this game was actually meant for, to build. Personally i think they should not be installed, or at least have their own world for it like war world instead of normal world. IDC if anyone disagrees with me, everyone gets their own opinion and this is mine.
I think that skills and classes would be fun but not the leveling. if you couldnt do things just because of your 'level' minecrafts point would be ruined
XRuby DeathX wrote:
I must say once skills and levels are installed, this server will turn into a dump. It may be a pvp server, but people will find more and more excuses to over-use pvp and annoy the hell out of people. Not to mention i will say again, wil be more focused on a plugin than rather what this game was actually meant for, to build. Personally i think they should not be installed, or at least have their own world for it like war world instead of normal world. IDC if anyone disagrees with me, everyone gets their own opinion and this is mine.

it will bring more use to the war world for one
I see your point, but I don't see it as if you would be unable to do things because of your level. More like, more things you can do because of your level <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
XRuby DeathX wrote:

@Ruby - Define Over-Pvp on a pvp server.

Also, Skills are fun for members who will have been around for a long time, or who actually get the chance to level them up. Though If you do implement this plugin, (These Plugins) I would suggest making GW, Guest only. For the fact that people who don't have their skills leveled up will find it to be ten kinds of hell competing with those that do, regardless if it is in PvP (Mainly) or gathering resources. Not agreeing with ruby, but these plugins would just call for a few things to change, after that is taken care of these plugins gives the game a few new concepts and ways of going about things.
I think you guys have big ideas, and great intent with this. As long as the testing is done to create the best balance for things like PvP, it should bring your server to a new level of playing and possibly higher influx of users/donations. I am all for skills and levels, mostly because this isnt the first server I have seen, played on, or hosted. Eventually your users can get to a point where they feel like they have created a sense of accomplishment with no further goal to reach. Skills and levels will at least add more content to the game and hopefully more for the players to strive for.

Hopefully with the admins you currently have you can thoroughly test out the possibilities and create a good balance for the instances like PvP where it can really effect game play.
what for? mc have big advantage, that i don't need to rise up levels and e.t.c to be better then others!
Well, after learning that experience will have no function until 1.9, are we going to bring this up again? My main interest is in the skills, or, rewards for doing things.

I've played on a few servers that did the mmo thing, I loved leveling up the mining, digging ,ect to get the double drop bonus, all that jazz. But the city stuff they do is bull. Taxes on the city, taxes on the residents, Every MMO server may as well have a King John character that eats all the inflated diamonds they shovel. All that takes away from the free building aspect that minetown has that the others simply dont.
I have tried these mods on my own, and I must say that they can be a pain in the ass to config. Coming from a 15 year old.
yea, i think rpg elements would be cool. though on the classes part they should be optional, but choosing give a big upgrade in that area