Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Levels & Skills in MT ?
Started by [E] sawine

Its minecraft not fucking WoW if you want to rack up skills and shit dont play minecraft because its not what its about.

Fuck this plugin i hate it (My opinion, sue me)
Minetown was PURE... no gimmicks... It was unique in my eyes to other servers. It was like single player but with your freinds, just building and trading with your freinds. Now this crappy ONE PLUGIN has changed it all. Its not even minecraft anymore its a knockoff of WoW or any other of those MMORPG.

Minecraft is Minecraft, nothing else, dont try and change it to appease the numbers, change to appease the dedicated players. I bet the majority of people who voted for this plugin are either banned or played for about 20 mins and left.

This is blasphemy,

Its like dressing jesus up as Snoop Dog and giving him a gun and a catch phrase to appeal to all the kids who thinks religion is boring.

Its like making an american remake of an amazing foreign film so dumbasse's can understand it and wont have to read the subtitles and to appease the masses.

Its like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Coldplay, Two Door Cinema Club or <Insert good band here> releasing a rap album to appease the people who think anything other than Dubstep or Lady Gaga is old, lame or gay.

Hell, its like making Minecraft an MMORPG grindfest...

I thought we were better than this?? This is a stupid gimmicky plugin that takes the whole minecraft feel away, and screw the whole 'Dont use it if you dont want to' or 'It only helps people build and get stuff better' WE DONT NEED IT. Its dumb and a novelty plugin, and it take away Minetowns originality. Im obviously going to use it if everyone else is because i will clearly get left behind and i dont want to get dragged into this whole 'AMG I NEED MORE POINTS!!!!!!!!111!!'

This is just disgraceful.... were just like the rest
you could make class system like this

Mayor: can buy land cheaper( towny plugin) and get more money from taxes

Builder: he can place some things others cant place and he gets a chance for bonus drops

Trader: free shops at main district and some more bonuses like 1% more money etc...

wizard: The only one able to make enchants and potions.

Architect:limited use of worldedit able to destroy blocks with 1 click

Priest:able to make potions and heal players a limited times per day

and you can make levels for each class for example at level 1 wizard will be able only to enchant.. lvl 2 potions etc...

towny plugin is a way to make towns and buy land without the help of mods

it is cool cause you can have taxes and other cool staff <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
What Coffeey and Fett said. This is not the place for grinding.

Also, Coffeey, that sounded like the sort of thing Jallaf would say xD
Im sorry, But these plug-ins, are not where I thought I would see minetown go.. If I wanted the RPG leveling grind for everything I do, Like Coffeey and others have stated, I would be playing Warcraft or Rift...

I do not want a leveling system judging my performance in this style of game...

And I'm Really not sure i would be staying around long if these plug-ins are implemented... I saw the leveling thing last night when I was at my mob machine and was sorta puzzled as to why these were in..

Alot of people I see are saying please do please do... Which is sort of disheartening becuase alot of places to go with the flow of the crowd... But im really hoping you dont on this one.... I see alot of im better then you acpects coming out of this in so many different ways...

Sure having a quest in a game isnt really trouble...But adding Classes to give advantages/disadvantages in pvp, adding skills for advatages/disadvantages to skills to promote faster farming/mining..

Chances at finding "Hidden items from breaking blocks"

All of these are reasons for me to walk away from not just minetown but minecraft as a whole, becuase I wont play anywhere else...
You are under no obligation to 'grind' your skills up.

Not levelling them up will NOT mean you can no longer play the game.

You can just continue to play as you would have done before, ignoring the levelling system.

If you WANT to spend time 'levelling', then you will get small perks.

This poll was done democratically, done to appease the majority.

Coffeey's example of...dressing jesus up as snoop dogg...to get kids into religion...is frankly ridiculous. I'm sure the Staff have thought long and hard over this decision, and have decided that it WOULD be a good addition to Minetown.

If you don't like what the higher powers are doing - GTFO this server.
Adam wrote:

You can just continue to play as you would have done before, ignoring the levelling system.

Coffeey's example of...dressing jesus up as snoop dogg...to get kids into religion...is frankly ridiculous. I'm sure the Staff have thought long and hard over this decision, and have decided that it WOULD be a good addition to Minetown.

I dont want a fight here , boys ..

Coffeeey is stating his ,Thoughts about the plugin ..
Thank you jallaf...Glad I refreshed the page first before posting something I could have regretted later..
Adam wrote:

I cannot stress how bad it is to tell people to get out if they don't like the way things are run. It's a definite way to get people to do exactly that.

Also, a large number of respected members appear to reject this plugin. Clearly it need to be discussed once again, as a nameless majority vote hasn't worked.
And I am stating mine ^-^ the gtfo was based to anyone, not just coffeey, although he did incite me to write the post.