Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] GOTY 2010
Started by [E] GACKT

well mr worn. i like puzzels <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I think the game of the year should be ether Borderlands (I know, not made this year, but what ever.) or Bioshock (still not this year XD) However, I also loved the Fallout games.
WOAH Happy watch it I exactly what issue your talking about, I do agree with the Glados being in it the top 20(I think, maybe 10) game characters that defined the decade, that issue was full of shit! Dante from Devil May Cry wasn't in there, They had RDR characters in there, they did not deserve to be in there, specially Bonnie.

Lets see "Wander" from Shadow of Colossus deserved to be in the top 5, "The Boss" from MGS deserved to be in the top 5, I could go on about that issue! PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO IGN, GAMEINFORMER, GAMESPOT, etc none of those, Never ever decide not to buy a game because you read something from one of those websites saying it sucked and gave it a bad score, I only use them for news. I have played so many games in my lifetime that were good, and it gets a terrible score. Also game companies bribe those websites by paying them to give the game good scores, IGN has been caught doing that so many times in the past.

Its your opinion on the game that matters, not someone elses.
Draednar wrote:
Broly, it isn't just new hats. They come out with new items, new polycount packs, levels, hats, weapon updates, bug fixes, fixing broken animations, on top of new achievements, and it's still nice and crisp with each and every update. Blasting fools with my 'tascha is fun, stabbin fools with my knife is fun, burnin fools with my flamethrower is AWESOME. Just because I don't play non-mainstream stuff and not think it's shit because it really really is shit, doesn't mean I have a bad taste in games. I play a wide variety of things, but I would rather spend what little dough I have lying around on games that I KNOW will be good, instead of taking chances on shit that might suck a donkey's ass. MoH is total crap, CoD is a million and twelve times better, I have already went over this, you give me no reason as to why my opinion on games is flawed, and merely insulting the game I chose because I truly thought it was wonderful. I made an intelligent and well thought out answer, please do me the same favor.

Not being an ass or anything, but let it go Broly, Call of Duty fanboyism, I'm surprised it isn't considered a real disease yet.
sdude2 wrote:
I think the game of the year should be ether Borderlands (I know, not made this year, but what ever.) or Bioshock (still not this year XD) However, I also loved the Fallout games.

Those are VERY good games, specially Borderlands(Which was a game overlooked in 2009), When I say overlooked I mean it came out while another big budget title was coming out, or the game didn't appeal to people, so it sold like shit, but amazing scores. Borderlands is very unique, its a FPSRPG which is really isn't considered a genre.

I was very happy with the GOTY selections on many websites last year, instead of picking Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, they chose my favorite game of '09 "Demon's Souls". I recommend everyone go look it up, if your a hardcore gamer who loves a challenge, this is probably more of a challenge then any game you ever played, still considered to be the hardest RPG ever, ive only beaten it 3 times, which it progressively gets easier but your first playthrough, this game is so unforgiving.
I don't get it. I played through the entire campaign of MoH, and loved every minute of it. And I never saw a single bug (at least none that were dramatic enough to actually catch my attention). How you can call it total trash is simply beyond me, as I enjoyed the gameplay more than any of the recent Call of Dutys. Maybe I'm just an exception to the overtake and brainwashing of infinity ward/treyarch/activision and actually like games that aren't mainstream "cool" games. An intelligent answer to why Black Ops is bad and shouldn't be game of the year? I'ts the same game from the past 4 years or so with small, almost non-existent changes to the gameplay, and retarded additions and features (omg lets put an RC car in the game and make it a whole new title!) that only worsen the gameplay. But I understand that your small, incapable brain can't process that you're buying the same game every year, and it's okay. Keep giving shit corporations their money (same company that whored out teh music game industry, and ruined it) and i'll buy games from developers making original games. Thanks, but no thanks, i'll pass on one of the worst gaming series in history. CoD4 was the last good game in the series. And before that, CoD2. I could think of dozens of games from the past several years that are awesome, unique games, that deserve at LEAST a GOTY nomination. However, they always get overshadowed by big money rehash titles. The gaming industry is not what it used to be, and is now run by big corps who only want your money, and don't care about quality. Just look at Black Ops on pc. STILL to this day it is riddled with bugs that completely cripple gameplay. On launch, there were so many bugs that most people couldn't play it. Not to mention that they started the whole "raise pc games to $60" fad. Sure, raise the game by 10 dollars and dont even put it through product testing. And they wonder why there are so many PC pirates.

Oh, and why is everyone listing GOTY's from other years. I thought the GOTY had to come out THAT year?
Updates and patches probably, you didn't buy it day one of release did you?

I dont know ether, I'm awfully proud to see people playing good games last year, name some this year.
tl;dr
Yeah I bought it when it first came out, and I didnt see any bugs at all.

- Well Amnesia Like I said is amazing and deserves GOTY.

- Pretty sure it came out this year, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is a REALLY good game. it's the 3rd installment, and the 2nd one sucked. This one's not quite as good as the first, but still an awesome atmospheric game.

- Same with METRO: 2033. Atmosphere is top notch along with the gameplay, immersive story. And it's a fucking looker for all you graphic whores.

- Uhmm don't think it came out this year but The Witcher was an awesome RPG, and really got overlooked/underrated.

- Aliens V.S. Predator was EXTREMELY underrated, it's a great game.

- Serious Sam HD is an awesome, frantic shoot-em-up game.

-Kane and Lynch 2 got terrible reviews, but the games sound is AWESOME, along with graphical touches. Plus, the gamplay is NOWHERE near as bad as reviews say it is.

People just say "meh, this isn't COD or Halo" and pass the great games up. It's really, really sad.
BROLY MAXIMUM wrote:
Yeah I bought it when it first came out, and I didnt see any bugs at all.

- Well Amnesia Like I said is amazing and deserves GOTY.

- Pretty sure it came out this year, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is a REALLY good game. it's the 3rd installment, and the 2nd one sucked. This one's not quite as good as the first, but still an awesome atmospheric game.

- Same with METRO: 2033. Atmosphere is top notch along with the gameplay, immersive story. And it's a fucking looker for all you graphic whores.

- Uhmm don't think it came out this year but The Witcher was an awesome RPG, and really got overlooked/underrated.

- Aliens V.S. Predator was EXTREMELY underrated, it's a great game.

- Serious Sam HD is an awesome, frantic shoot-em-up game.

-Kane and Lynch 2 got terrible reviews, but the games sound is AWESOME, along with graphical touches. Plus, the gamplay is NOWHERE near as bad as reviews say it is.

People just say "meh, this isn't COD or Halo" and pass the great games up. It's really, really sad.

This. Forever.

CatMan wrote:
tl;dr

^
METRO: 2033 didn't get terrible reviews, it was more overlooked and didn't appeal, but overall it was good, very strange game.

Kane and Lynch 2 was getting destroyed mostly for the cell phone looking graphics, which thats what they were going for, but it was very stupid mistake on doing so, but other then that, the multiplayer modes and games were very unique and fun, I enjoyed them.

Did Bioshock 2 come out in 2010? or was that '09?

My GOTY award goes to "NieR Gestalt & Replicant", completely destroyed by reviewers, very bad score due to some very stupid things. NieR without a doubt has one of the GREATEST soundtracks of this entire decade. the story is truly amazing, Developed by Cavia, published by SQUARE ENIX, In Japan, the game was released as two titles: Nier Gestalt​ for Xbox 360, and Nier Replicant​ for PlayStation 3. The sole difference between the versions is the appearance and age of the main character and their relationship with the character of Yonah. We only got one version.